They were the largest creatures to ever attain flight. With wingspans reaching nearly 40 feet, pterosaurs ruled the prehistoric skies for over 100 million years, until they died out with the dinosaurs about 65 million years ago. Or did they? Dozens of eyewitness accounts and a few intriguing photographs suggest that this flying monster, thought to have died with the dinosaurs, might still exist. Read more.
Some very interesting reports were posted recently by Mrs. Daffodil concerning sightings and even verbal encounters with Captain E. J. Smith, captain of the famously ill-fated RMS Titanic some time after the ship sank. The gigantic, "unsinkable" luxury liner met its fate with an iceberg on April 14, 1912 (it sank on the 15th), and by all accounts, Captain Smith went down with the ship.
A former shipmate, however, by the name of Peter Pryal claimed to have met and talked with Smith, with whom he had served for more than 17 years, three months after the disaster on the streets of Baltimore. When Pryal inquired how the Captain was, he replied, "Very well, Pryal, but please don't detain me; I am on business."
Was it a ghost, or could Captain Smith possibly have survived the Titanic?
The Titanic's other link to the paranormal are the many premonitions of its sinking:
- The most famous is the novel, Futility: Or The Wreck of the Titan, published in 1898, which contained dozens of eerie parallels between the story's Titan and the Titanic -- so many, in fact, that it feels as if it could have been written after the Titanic's sinking.
- Several would-be passengers canceled their passage on the ship because of feelings of doom and foreboding.
- Captain Smith might have had his own premonition. When he was notified he would captain the ship on it maiden voyage, he remarked, "Well, if the largest liner in the world sinks, I shall go with it."
Read of more ghosts at sea:
Paranormal news and views for April 15, 2014:
- Photographer catches glowing phantom at city's Medieval Guildhall
- Ghost of Captain Smith of the RMS Titanic seen after his death
- World's most haunted island up for auction
- Queen Mary and her ghosts
- The myth and mystery behind Australia's bush monster the Yowie
- Panic after chicken begins talking before being slaughtered
- Into the synapses of mind control
- Woman claims to have proof of extraterrestrials in Australia
- Mystery explosions in Highgate baffle experts
- Demons, djinn and UFOs
- Three Pillars' paranormal card game debuts at Phenomacon
Get these stories and more paranormal news
Follow on Facebook | Follow on Twitter
"I live in São Paulo, Brasil, and I experienced a time anomaly in February, 2014," reports Giuseppe. "I was in my garage, leaning on my hammock, staring at my parents' car. Suddenly, my sister arrived at the house driving the same car that was parked in the garage and that I had been staring at. When I looked back, the car was gone."
It's bizarre experiences like this that make us wonder if we living in some kind of Matrix simulation. Very weird indeed. Check out these other reports: