Paranormal news and views for March 5, 2014:
- Psychiatrist: Possessed woman levitated, spoke foreign languages
- Haunted Kentucky hospital will soon reopen as a haunted hotel
- Bigfoot leaves his muddy mark near Ahousaht
- My experience with the Loch Ness Monster
- Strange rain phenomena in Palermo Italy
- Mysterious flashing "earthquake lights" maybe explained
- Researchers crowd-source funds to back Ouija board science project
- Family turns to psychic in search for missing son
- Communicating with spirits on the supernatural superhighway
- Beatles guitarist George Harrison "lit up the room" when he died
- Is this the Holy Ghost? Spiritual image appears on Portland
- Could you travel through time like they do in movies?
The latest of true paranormal experiences... ghost hauntings, poltergeist activity, incredible premonitions, terrifying creatures, angels and demons, including:
- Neighborhood Flying Saucer
- Unwanted Visions of Death
- I Was a Black-Eyed Person
- Fiery Accident That Never Happened
- Voice From Beyond the Grave
- Little Ghost Needed a Lantern
- Poltergeist Made Our House Crazy
- The Angel of Lacombe
- The Taunting Little People ... and more
"I was walking through the Old Fort of Fort Sill, Oklahoma," reports Mike C. "I was walking up to the jailhouse where they held the Indian Chief Geronimo when I heard a voice in behind me yelled at me. I don't know what he said, but I looked at my wife and she said she didn't say anything or hear anything. That was weird.
"Another incident happened when I was in my house and heard someone say, 'Get out of here!' So when my father died we moved into his house. The next year, my old house flooded! I was luckily to get out of there."
Typically, if we were to hear a disembodied voice telling us to get out of our house we'd be on the phone to the local exorcist! In Mike's case, however, it seems the voice was just trying to help. Here are some other cases of saving voices:
Paranormal news and views for March 1, 2014:
- Country mansion for sale, complete with ghostly coach and horses
- Ellen DeGeneres: her house is haunted
- Possible Bigfoot destroyed man's fence and messed with lightbulb
- Meet the "sixth sense" boy who talks to his dead grandparents
- Miracle? Bible stops two bullets to save bus driver's life
- Miracle? Man declared dead comes to life in funeral home
- The spookiest urban legends from the University of Illinois
- 10 weird and wonderful cryptozoology-linked locations in Britain
- Super megaliths in Gornaya Shoria, Southern Siberia
- Martian meteorite mystery: Marks made by microbes?
- Professor wants to build a time machine in this century
Do you believe you have lived before? Have you had a past life or lives - growing up, working, loving, and suffering in roles very different from the one you are now playing out? Perhaps you were a different race, socio-economic class, or gender.
Those who believe in past lives suggest that there might be clues to what our past lives were in the various complex aspects that make up our current physical, emotional, and psychological personalities. Here are nine signs to consider.
Every October 31, from 1927 up to the present day, a sťance has been conducted with hopes of contacting the spirit of Harry Houdini. So far, the great Houdini has not made his presence known. The Houdini sťance has been a Halloween tradition since the first anniversary of his death. The magician died at the age of 52 on October 31, 1926 from peritonitis - an internal infection - as the result of a ruptured appendix. More about the Houdini sťance.
Paranormal news and views for February 25, 2014:
- Ghost of elevator man who was sliced in half sighted - in two pieces
- Ghosts captured on camera at Cusworth Hall
- Does seeing one's double mean imminent death?
- 5 strange and creepy paranormal stories that might shock you
- Telepathic identical twins celebrate 80th birthday
- Psychic protection: 7 ways to get it and keep it
- Is consciousness the result of evolution, or something more?
- How the crop circle phenomenon came to the North of Britain
- Who haunts the Olde Stone House Village?
- How many ghosts dwell in St. Louis's infamous Lemp Mansion?
- Cryptozoology News website: It's fake
- Mysterious Voynich manuscript gets preliminary alphabet
Last week's paranormal news and views roundup included a blog titled, "Time travelers: Please don't kill Hitler," which reasoned that changing that part of the historical timeline might actually cause more harm than good.
Reader Cold one responded, "I would go back to 1492 with a couple of cases of automatic rifles and ammo. I would tell the indigenous people (Indians) to kill all the pale bearded men, burn their ships, and never let any of them settle on this land!" ... to which Dale R. adds: "Thus changing history forever, which would have huge complications on your life such as immunity to new diseases, changes in history where a certain person dies and that leads to your birth...."
For the time being, I don't think we have to worry about time travel, but still we'd like to ask the question and get your response:
If you could travel into the past, where and when would you most like to go, and why? And would you want to change anything?
Meanwhile, check out these true tales of bizarro time weirdness:
When Joseph M. met Mike, they became instant friends, but their relationship went far beyond a normal friendship... beyond time and space... even beyond death itself. Premonitions, bilocation, death knocks, and ghost messages - all these unexplained experiences drove him to question his sanity and the meaning of it all. This is Joseph's story....
Paranormal news and views for February 22, 2014:
- Scientist believes evidence of alien life on Mars was destroyed
- Mysterious phenomenon in Wichita neighborhood
- Time travelers: Please don't kill Hitler
- 10 most haunted railway stations in the world
- Doctor's hellish out-of-body experience changed his life
- Easing the grieving process through crossover communication
- Evidence of structures constructed on Mercury?
- High strangeness: Not so imaginary beings
- Carolina Bigfoot: Couple wants to protect him
- Karen Wrigley tunes into animals by telepathy
- Man dead for 45 minutes says he awoke after seeing afterlife
- Oklahoma City man saw angels during near-death experience
- Gripping novel Archetype: a terrifying twist on reincarnation