1. News & Issues

Do ghosts linger in the area where they left this life? One of our readers, Barb, thought she was just taking a picture of a pair of deer at the edge of the woods. When she later viewed the photo, however, an unexplained blob appeared hovering above the grass. Then we noticed that there is a home-made wooden cross nearby the type that people place in areas to designate where a loved one died in an accident. Is the unexplained blob the ghost of the victim?

Comments

June 8, 2006 at 12:02 pm
(1) jane says:

barb has been showing me these pics of orbs appearing in some of her pics. she has a beer club nite once a month at her business and one of the members and a very special friend of ours died in october and these orbs st arted to show after his passing. i took my camera down one nite (none had ever showed up on my pics) and took several pictures. lo and behold, if mine didn’t have the orbs in them. i truly believe this friend was there that nite, and showed thru in my pictures.

June 8, 2006 at 3:36 pm
(2) Sophie says:

How do you know this wasnt just a photography printing error?

June 9, 2006 at 11:30 am
(3) Robin says:

I can see a head near the top of the blob. I think there is something there.

June 9, 2006 at 7:38 pm
(4) tuvold says:

posible hoax, jumpy video, timestamp chamges 33,31,27,26. edited imho

June 10, 2006 at 3:36 pm
(5) Christina says:

Oh my gosh, if you look at it closely, u can see a man’s face at the top. Spooky !

June 12, 2006 at 2:27 pm
(6) amy says:

It looks like the contrast has been increased a lot in this photo, which would enhance how much this light area would show up. Also looks like the color saturation may have been increased. When deer leap their tail goes up showing a stark white patch, while the rest of them is still dark and well camoflauged. The height of this lighter area is just about, to me, where a deer’s upraised tail would be if it were leaping away from the photographer and into the woods. White spot in motion against dark woods, up the contrast a bit and you’d have this photo. Just my thoughts on it…

June 12, 2006 at 4:06 pm
(7) Harry says:

Looks like a beer booger to me.

June 12, 2006 at 4:22 pm
(8) jane says:

the deer looks spooky

June 12, 2006 at 11:14 pm
(9) ZangTuumTuum says:

Gee Whiz! It kinda does look like a face . If it’s a hoax, it’s cool lookin’!

June 13, 2006 at 12:15 am
(10) paula says:

i think that when a person dies at the home they are still there.i know that myself cause that is true.

June 13, 2006 at 11:39 am
(11) troy brailsford says:

yes it is real you got something there.
may be your friend just wanted you to
know that there is something after death

June 13, 2006 at 2:12 pm
(12) Barb says:

The picture is not enhanced. I did not change the contrast or brightness. The deer were not moving. They’re in my yard everyday and are not afraid of me. The picture is no hoax. Do I believe in ghosts? I never used to. I took 2 pictures in a row. The second pic had no white thing in it. The cross in the background is where my dog is buried.

June 14, 2006 at 12:24 am
(13) Sandra says:

I get a lot of strange pictures myself. So I am a believer.
I see a mans face in the blob; and I also see a small brown dog behind the right deer, that is not mentioned.
Deer wouldn’t stand still with a dog so close by. Strange.

June 15, 2006 at 10:10 pm
(14) presence01 says:

this pic is to cool is this person perhaps someone you know? great job!!!