1. News & Issues

"I have worked with energy all my life and I wanted to try to take a photograph of my astral body," says Adrian Ravarour. "It's difficult for most people to astral project when awake, but I knew I could push my energy out in front of myself. So, I gathered my energy at my chest, then rotated fast as I pushed my energy (astral body) in front of myself. At the point where my body stopped turning and my energy continued, I clicked the shutter as I held the camera in one hand."

Click the link or photo to see a larger image, then post your comments below. Is it genuine or a clever fake? Share your thoughts.

Photo: Copyright © Adrian Ravarour, Ph.D.

Comments

November 8, 2007 at 11:56 am
(1) rocky says:

i don’t get it, what exactly was the camera pointing to? The person’s face?

November 8, 2007 at 12:03 pm
(2) Stephen Wagner says:

Yes, he had the camera pointed at his own face.

November 8, 2007 at 12:47 pm
(3) Brent says:

Hmm. Interesting experiment. I honestly don’t know what to think because to take a picture of your astral body with a physical camera would mean that he would have to split his consciousness in two. I’m not saying it couldn’t be done because I really don’t know.

A more convincing scenario, in my opinion, would be to have two astral travelers working together. Once they were both out of body they could agree on a series of shots and one could return to his/her body and begin taking pictures.

I’m not trying to negate what this guy has accomplished but I would like to see the results of a two-person astral photo shoot.

November 8, 2007 at 7:54 pm
(4) brownie kodak says:

hard to tell which is which but one of them is ugly…i suspect the other one is stupid, too

November 8, 2007 at 7:58 pm
(5) Adrian Ravarour says:

Duality of consciousness is not the hypothesis. Unity of consciousness is the premise. When one learns to spiritualize one’s own person there is less or no seperation- that’s how I took this actual photo of myself. It is not a trick. I do not know how to image-paint or photoshop. Enjoy!

November 9, 2007 at 10:56 am
(6) skeezx says:

I have a couple issues with this photo.1.I’ve never know anyone who could project while conscious.It’s always required at least a meditative state.2.Wouldn’t it have been easier to set a still camera then projected? Seems to me you would have gotten a photo that way and possibly full body.

November 9, 2007 at 10:29 pm
(7) thinker says:

Wow! One of the best photos of a LENS FLARE I’ve ever seen!

November 9, 2007 at 11:07 pm
(8) Well this one takes the cake! says:

Well how does one actually force himself out of his body and plus since you would be half dead wouldn’t you be able to do anything like try to move objects physically or see other spirits?.

November 10, 2007 at 6:45 am
(9) Clau says:

Ths is amazing photo and make not believers get closer to what we really are! Thank you Adrian for this beautiful and very important clic! Many blessings, thsnk you very much, Clau

November 12, 2007 at 9:48 am
(10) Jae says:

I think that is rubbish.

November 12, 2007 at 11:12 am
(11) openminded says:

its a good fake…top drawer old boy!

November 12, 2007 at 12:12 pm
(12) Brian D. Parsons says:

Even if this were in fact a photo of his “astral body”, there would be no physical way to prove it with a mere photograph. An astral body is merely a theory as to where the living “spirit” travels and has no mass therefore can not be photographed.

This photo seems to have been taken in darkness with a flash and is reflecting off of something creating the bright light in front of his face. It may be reflecting off of two mirrors or other objects. Either way, this photographer was either fooled or he’s trying to fool us.

November 12, 2007 at 12:52 pm
(13) amanda says:

I think using a tripod and a shutter release one of those long clicky things would have worked better. I am still not convinced this is actually possible.

November 12, 2007 at 1:42 pm
(14) Fred says:

Total crap.

November 12, 2007 at 9:19 pm
(15) Max says:

Why do you call this a “clever” fake? It could be anything… except an astral body.

November 13, 2007 at 10:37 am
(16) Just a Thought says:

Conclusion: Like all other evidence of the paranormal, if you already believe then it is real, if you don’t, then it’s not. With the technology we have today, there is NO WAY anyone will ever be able to prove to a non-believer that any evidence of the paranormal is real. Sad, but true.

November 13, 2007 at 12:36 pm
(17) Tiffany says:

Come on! I work in a photo lab and I see stuff like this all the time. There are so many variables in photography that can cause all sorts of “strange” images. I do believe in the paranormal but sometimes simple logic is the answer.

November 13, 2007 at 3:01 pm
(18) GuardianAngel says:

Pushing his ‘astral body’ in front of himself. Interesting concept, if the astral body was only a ball of energy that you could mould and play with like a toy. Isn’t the astral body somehow connected to the soul or spirit? If you actually know the concept of astral travelling and astral projection then why do you claim you can project it, then muster the courage to spin around, and please don’t forget to press the camera’s button for that photo….. As far as my limited knowledge goes isn’t astral travelling when you leave your physical behind and travel with your spiritual?

Project me a cookie please….. and take a snapshot of it!

November 14, 2007 at 9:22 am
(19) Reba Heuser says:

I don’t know much about near death experiences, but this looks to me that someone ha simply laid one exray on top of another, and photographed it…
When I had an out of body experience, I know that I couldn’t have operateed a camera at that time… sorry…no offense…Rebaone

November 14, 2007 at 1:49 pm
(20) Sue B says:

My gut says this is real; I have learned to trust my gut. But I have to say this is very unwise. any one who is “sensitive” can follow this to the photographer now. It is potentially extremely unsafe.

November 15, 2007 at 4:25 pm
(21) Laird says:

I’ve known Father Adrian for almost 40 years and can attst to his complete honesty. His pohographs reveal the unity of the multidemensional universe of which we are all a part. One of the greatest mistakes of Western thought is to deny that unity. I am greatful this photograph bridges that unfortunate assumption.

November 16, 2007 at 8:07 pm
(22) Ursus canine says:

This photograph is possible I suppose. Cameras do not normally expose the astral—film or CCD sensitivity. So what happened? Who knows? Carlos Castaneda was able to project and influence while conscious…very high level of functioning. Ted Serios could influence Polaroids while the film was in camera.
How about taking a picture of a person in Theta sleep? Astral body should be separated, then you would know.

November 25, 2007 at 8:04 pm
(23) Nancy says:

I have seen pictures of orbs, spirit and extoplasmia, aura’s, never heard of some one taking there own picture while out of body. But would like to know more on that one!

July 10, 2008 at 5:35 am
(24) shyam says:

aura is justlike cover of our physical body which play an important role in our healthy life

January 28, 2012 at 6:02 pm
(25) Emilio says:

i would say it a picture of the projected energy, not of an astral body, because yes u do have to be in at least a meditative state to astral project but energy can be manipulated and projected in a conscious state.