1. News & Issues

Stephen Wagner

New Photo - Blue Spirit Light

By February 21, 2008

You know how I feel about orb photos by now... but this one is different, because it isn't an orb in the common sense. This glowing blue light, as John explains below, was seen with the naked eye before being photographed. Could this be a true spirit light, or some other strange phenomena?

"I have been following the orb debate and have found that most orbs are camera artifacts, dust, snow, or rain," says John. "But no one ever gets a photo of real spirit lights -- that is what I was told they were many years ago -- that glow on their own. I have seen the lights a few times long ago, but now after my mother-in-law passed away, I have seen a blue glowing 'orb' / light coming out of where we keep her ashes urn. My wife has seen it here and my sister-in-law has seen the same thing at her house, too. It is small and bright, moves around as if it knows not to bump into things, and sometimes goes out the window, maybe to my sister-in-law's house.

"A few months ago, I was at a local haunted building taking pictures and saw the same sort of thing and got a photo of it before it got away. I was stunned to see that I have finally captured one."

Comments

February 21, 2008 at 8:58 am
(1) david says:

With the halo around it. It looks like a laser light on the wall to me.

February 21, 2008 at 1:24 pm
(2) jojo says:

Hey guys just thought that I would share that http://www.livescifi.tv is going to be doing a live 72-hour broadcast from the Stanley Hotel this weekend.

February 22, 2008 at 3:24 am
(3) visara says:

It could be a cell phone light, a laser pen, a camera flash or defect, or about 10,000 other logical explanations. But whatever it is, I guarantee it’s NOT paranormal.

February 25, 2008 at 10:52 am
(4) reba says:

I believe you,,,I have heard of many people having seen a spitit leave a dying person’s body in similar ways..or bleish smoke… I am 80 years young, and I have experienced a lot of paranormal things in my lifetime ! I believe your blue light to be a spirit light…you betcha! Reba

February 25, 2008 at 5:28 pm
(5) Wiliam says:

Any LED light, with no filter, has the same color as that.

February 25, 2008 at 8:13 pm
(6) Paula says:

I have captured the same blue lights at a cemetary in Charleston

February 25, 2008 at 11:13 pm
(7) anonymous says:

Has anyone ever experienced like red orbs?Or sometimes like a camera flash when its dark?These are things that I have been experiencing recently.I am not the only one seeing these things.My 5 year old daughter sees things.Sometimes at night,shes up by herself playing in the dark.Could this be a spirit of some kind?

February 26, 2008 at 6:16 am
(8) Peggy Truelove says:

I saw something similar to this crossing my yard and driveway one morning before the sunrise as I was leaving for work. Mine was the size of a basketball. I live out in the country and there were no conspiring lights. It simply floating across the yard, driveway, yard and then into the woods, going around trees as it went. I was in awe as I watched.

February 26, 2008 at 10:44 am
(9) Julina says:

it has eyes!

March 4, 2008 at 3:05 pm
(10) Nelda says:

I just read about your “blue light” and have one of my own, that was taken @ a halloween party. I would like to send it to you cause it looks like an “omeba” or something living… very strange.. HOW can I send it to this site? Hoping someone might know what it was…Thanks..

May 31, 2008 at 8:50 am
(11) Shelia Hughey says:

My mom died in Feb. 2008 and I took about 30 pictures at her grave at sunset. 22 of these had spirit orbs, 4 of which, in succession, had this same blue light. You could see it originate on her headstone, move up, over to the left, still further to the left and disappear.

I too am skeptical about some spirit orbs, but I have one picture where the orb is reflected in a mirror, which makes it impossible to be on the lense, and I have a couple of others with huge orbs that are partially hidden behind objects. This could not be if it were on the lense.

Happy to share these with anyone who would like to see them. Email me at sheliadianehughey@yahoo.com.

August 7, 2008 at 7:54 am
(12) ann says:

my niece in ohio experienced a blue light in the corner of her room aug.4,2008 she said it moved around and then went up through the ceiling..my mom just passed away july 22 08,so it makes you wonder if it was her spirit paying a visit…she was not scared.

March 30, 2011 at 10:10 pm
(13) melanie says:

I live in ohio…..I was on the phone an hour ago talking to a friend about my boyfriend who passed away and I was crying I was in my living room with only the kitchen light on and I looked up at the ceiling in my kitchen and a bright blue light about the size of my fist was there for maybe thirty seconds then went into the ceiling……I yelled wth? In the phone …I have never heard of a blue light before so I came up to my room and googled itand here I am…I’m so stunned right now….but the nite I found out he died…I felt like he was there comforting me…..I felt a breeze on my face and hands…….

August 19, 2011 at 7:21 pm
(14) heidi f says:

Your comment about not being scared caught my attention. I experienced these blue lights last in my parents home. I posted today my comment at the bottom. I was sleeping and they were flashing though-out an area in my bedroom.
I have already seen spirits in the home along with many other guests.
I too wasnt scared. In fact I watched for awhile and then said out loud that I knew they were there and went back to sleep. It was almost a comfort.
I am very sorry that you lost your boyfriend and I am sure he is staying with you until he knows that you and others are okay.
Heidi

August 22, 2008 at 9:45 pm
(15) Susan says:

I have recently seen a brilliant blue orb of light in my bedroom three times now. I was wondering what it really was. It freaked me out!

September 18, 2008 at 2:08 pm
(16) Jay says:

My one and only personal experiance has made me believe that blue orbs exist. My wife and I both saw a soccer ball sized blue orb. Light was bright and was radiating from it but without any solid source. We were awakened in the middle of the night (not sure how) to find this blue orb hovering about three feet above the floor at the foot of our bed. It slwly came to my side of the bed and paused next to me. It was not frightning but intreiguing. We both watched as it floated up a staircase keeping the same 3 feet above the floor as it went up the stairs and out of sight. The strangest thing then happened. My wife and I looked at each other inquisitively then went to sleep without sayig a word. I felt like the orb told me to not to be alarmed and go back to sleep. I was never a believer in this sort of thing. I am an educated person well grouded with a family friends and a job. I just cant explain this personal experience. I was living in a cabin isolated in the woods. This happed in 1986. The orb was a bright blue like the color of led but I didnt have anything that color in my house except a microwave. It wasnt the microwave.

October 25, 2008 at 10:24 pm
(17) Kathy says:

I am a healer and have been seeing these exact same lights for about 9 years. The ones I see are most often blue and sometimes purple. I see them mostly when I am doing healing work on a person. Less often, I see them during routine daily life. I see them with my physical eyes open, NOT during states of meditation with my eyes closed. They are, indeed, real and not a hoax.
Kathy

November 1, 2008 at 3:05 pm
(18) Arabella says:

I’ve seen these a few times, in various colours and sizes. I saw a golden-colored one about the size of a basketball hovering beside my neighbour as he walked his dog. It felt very maternal to me. I saw a very small blue one — golf ball-sized, maybe, move very quickly into the bedroom and zoom up to my husband and then to me very early one morning. I saw a larger blue one hovering in front of my husband the night of his mother’s interment. I once saw a white one, caught sight of it in my peripheral vision, hovering over my head. There was a knock at the door and as I ran downstairs I could see it bobbing over my head almost as if it were a helium balloon that was attached to me.

I see tiny balls of pure light fairly often as well as sparkles of various colours.

November 1, 2008 at 3:07 pm
(19) Arabella says:

Also, the blue I’ve seen has been very similar to LED-type blue. I’ve seen blue lights come up to windows in buildings occasionally when I pass them at night.

December 13, 2008 at 9:11 pm
(20) Synthia says:

I have been seeing flashes of blue beautiful blue light for 27 years now, every single day. They are small sparks of light, not as big as what you have captured. There is nothing wrong with my eyes. The first time I started noticing the light was after a long, hard, talk with God, the infinite or whatever you would call it…..I was sincerely. with all the passion of my heart, asking for truth and the blue light appeared and has been something I see ever since.

December 25, 2008 at 9:34 pm
(21) Jackie says:

I believe you. My 9 year old daughter has talked of her ‘fairy friends’ for about 3 years. Numerous, white specks of light that she sees at night. I have never seen them. 3 nights ago, she told me that the fairy friends were different colors: red and blue. This morning (Xmas morning), I got up at 5am to take the turkey out the refrigerator. When I walked back toward my bed, I looked up and saw 2 clusters of small lights that were both red and blue. One cluster was larger than the other. They vanished after about 5 seconds. I’ve never seen anything before – would appreciate it if someone could tell me what they were! I didn’t feel at all alarmed or concerned. They were beautiful.

January 15, 2009 at 12:16 am
(22) Maribel says:

while I was leaving my house one day, two years ago, I glances out my window which faces a bay and saw what seemed to be a blue light (almost a sphere)hovering. At first I thought it was just me or something random. But a few months later before I was going out on stage to perform, I saw the same light right in front of me. I was too concentrated and just tried to shake it out, but everywhere I turned to look the light would follow. It was kind of annoying just because I was trying to concentrate, but I wish it was more obvious to me then.

April 30, 2009 at 6:40 pm
(23) Earl says:

It has been many years thinking back on the blue orb that floated through my homes kitchen window directly at me as I stood in amazement just watching the graceful movements
of the ball of light. As the orb approached closer it started to rise up toward my face and then three to four feet in front of me it disappeared. Thanks to this article, I no longer have to feel crazy about talking about my unexplained experience. Thank You for the article!!!

June 16, 2009 at 7:38 pm
(24) no name says:

my grandfather passed away recently and this morning my garndmother tells me a small round blue light went through the house and in this room.today i googlod “blue light ” and i found this among other pages.its amazing

June 22, 2009 at 12:07 pm
(25) Ashlyne says:

For the past few years I have had occasional “visits” from some sort of entity. It is not a friendly spirit but, rather, it is the type of spirit that pins you down to the bed and causes sleep paralysis.

The thing is, these horrible intrusions have always occurred at night, in the dark. A couple of months ago, I had just fallen asleep after coming in from my overnight shift and went to sleep. It was broad daylight, around 1 o’clock in the afternoon.

I am not lying when I tell you I heard a distinct buzzing sound and detected/felt a slight vibration in my immediate surroundings; I knew what was coming next: the invisible thing. I realized I was at a distinct advantage, though, because the buzzing and the vibrations had stirred me to a state of wakefulness. My mind was almost completely awake but my body was still semi-asleep if that makes sense.

I felt the thing come at me and pin me to the mattress. The strength of this thing was overpowering. I was awake now, so I could work at freeing myself. It was nearly impossible. I felt something up around my head, on my pillow and another “something” to my right – it seemed less forceful than the other two.

I struggled against these unseen spirits and struggled some more, and I prayed harder than I have ever prayed during an attack. The thing had almost Herculean strength. Finally – FINALLY – when it sensed, I guess, that I was awake, it released me. And that is when I saw it: a bright flourescent-blue glow ball sitting right there in the region of my pelvis. It was unmistakable; however, the moment my eyes saw it, it disappeared. At the same time I glimpsed the thing, I heard a growl from beside me and the impression I had of that entity was that it was a dog or some sort of very short animal. I am not crazy; all of this really did happen.

July 2, 2011 at 8:37 pm
(26) qurint says:

wow..i felt as if you were talking about me..last night a little after 3am i was awaken by a force so strong. it started out as a buzz feelin and then a ringing sound in my ear. i felt this feelin coming over me i tried to wake up but i cound”nt the force was so strong it pin me down to my bed i heard my self moaning trying to free my self but i counld’nt. i was sleeping on my left side faceing my bed room door. i did mange to open up one of my eyes…and oh boy i saw a blue laser looking light coming throught my door towards me i was so scared of what i was seeing..thinking this can’nt be real but i knew there was a unknown entity out side my door so i close my eyes cause i didnt want to see want to see what it was. i felft a light pressing of something touching my neck area i prayed to god to help me and cover me with the blood of jesus be for i knew it . i was free from the force of the unknown. this was the first time that i saw the light but not the first time having this wired entity..its good to know iam not alone in this..could this be some sortof alien abduction or astro projection….

September 26, 2011 at 6:01 am
(27) meh says:

this sounds more like an OBE (out of body experience) ive had it a few times, maybe you woke as u were going or returning

August 17, 2009 at 2:04 pm
(28) Phil Quinn says:

In February 2008 I was driving at night along a dark rural road in south Gloucestershire (England) with my girlfriend and I noticed a basketball-sized orb of beautiful blue light hovering about 10 feet from the ground in a small patch of trees at the side of the road. Having done a lot of historical research on holy wells in this area I knew that this particular location marked the spot where several small springs rose to form the headwaters of a major river. Old local people had credited this site with “special virtues”. There was no other traffic on that road and no farm machinery in the fields. The display on the car’s dashboard was a pale green -the only other source of light. As we drove past the blue light remained stationary thus removing any possibility it eminated from within the car. Neither myself nor my girlfriend had expereinced any deaths amongst those we knew for many years and none have happened since. The blue light seemed to have an “intelligence” if that’s not too odd a word to use. It was beautiful.

September 15, 2009 at 6:16 am
(29) kim says:

I’ve seen these lights. I was about 16 years old. Laying on the couch and 3 of them were over my head. they were a bluish purple colour, they were about the size of a volleyball. I was not scared, but felt happy that they were there. I felt a sence of peace and joy seeing them. Really amazing. Their presence gave me a feeling of safety. I do not know what they are. But I know they must be looking out for me, because i was not afraid but happy to see them. Hope I get to see them again.

October 19, 2009 at 9:18 pm
(30) guille says:

well me and my boyfriend expirence something strange like 3 years ago when we got toghether. we saw a blue bright light. it was around 11 at night and we were siting outside under a tree with no leaves. The light was on top of our heads for a few seconds and then just flew of and disapear on the distence. we never new what it was. but i stll would like to now.

October 31, 2009 at 6:44 am
(31) Kat says:

I’ve seen these. I was hoping I could get some answers myself

December 26, 2009 at 3:32 am
(32) twilasom says:

Oh, good joke) What do you get when you cross a rabbit and a spider? A HAREnet!

March 5, 2010 at 12:46 am
(33) tyler says:

Oh MY God!!!! I honestly thought I was alone in seeing this things until I stumbled across this page. I have the EXACT accounts of seeing these little balls of light. I’ve seen them in blue and reddish/orange and they just seem to hover around the baseboards of my bedroom really late at night. I don’t really feel scared or anything until recently I’ve started seeing the flashes too. I have to say though that the flashes freak me out. It’s not the same kind of vibe….I know that sounds silly or new-agey (?), but it’s the truth. The weirdest thing that happened was the other night my new girlfriend came over and stayed the night. Keep in mind, I’ve never once mentioned AAAANNything about anything like this to her because she get’s scared pretty easily and is also pretty skeptical concerning anything paranormal. So the weird thing is that we’re laying in bed and we both see a glowing ball in the SAME area and the SAME size, but oddly enough, she saw it in orange and what I saw was blue….what does this mean? Help!!!

April 27, 2010 at 6:10 am
(34) Wagonball_Z says:

I’ve seen an Orb. About 15 years ago. Myself and several others saw it. It was far more impressive than any account I’ve read or heard about. Even on the internet. This was a BIG one. It was massive..like..3 or 4 feet in diameter. It was alive. Shining bright in the middle with a brilliant almost white light. then surrounding that was a faint blue light. Even still there were waves eminating from its center..slowly dissapating as they travel outside of this being. I think it was watching us. Then it kinda floated there alongside us while we walked down the dirt road. soon after it went through someones front door. I hope they weren’t home. lol . It was some scary stuff. I saw tiny little ones on that same road ,Inside of my friend’s trailer. they were like fireflies..they flashed and everything..and yellow. first it was only one …it got closer and closer then it was in my face but it flashed as 2. Well anyway..it was some sort of benevolent spirit. It wanted us to see it..I think me specifically. It reminds me of what I believe in and why..and what that represents.

June 17, 2010 at 1:17 am
(35) David says:

Ashlyne – the blue ball of light was there to protect you – the growling sound came from the entity that was oppressing you.

I used to suffer horribly from these type of attacks during sleep paralysis – growling, gnawing, cursing, choking, every kind of demonic assault you could imagine. One day a blue orb came through my bedroom window, communicated with me for hours, and, although I still experience sleep paralysis frequently, I have never again experienced any demonic assaults.

I believe that the blue orb – which enveloped me and filled me with peace and a blissful joy, and reassured me about my future – was an angel, and that it still protects me.

September 7, 2010 at 8:23 am
(36) jennifer says:

Last night – about 2:50 am, I awoke to see a red light in the corner. The corner is an interior corner, with no direct light access – which is why i had a mirror hanging there until yesterday. The day before it had suddenly fallen/come loose on one side. The night the mirror fell I heard knocking on the front door (desperate) to get in but I didn’t open it (i’ve had this experience before).

**Can anyone explain the red light? It was not an orb, the wall was really not illuminated the light was just there not really refelecting and it was bright and took up the top fifty percent of the ceiling of the corner and wall. I woke my boyfriend up to make sure he saw it he did – we have three cats there were all very peaceful through the event. The light just disappered – switched off after about a minute.

September 11, 2010 at 3:02 pm
(37) Believer? says:

Many years ago, my sister lived across the street from an elementary school. She was washing up lunch dishes when she heard the 1:00 buzzer at the school. She looked up and noticed that about 5 or 6 kids were still out horsing around. She looked to see what was keeping them, and noticed a bright, blue bouncing light above the kids’ heads. The kids were jumping up and trying to catch it, but it kept bouncing in the air just above their heads. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing. Some years later it was found that the school was built on an old cemetery. We have heard that bouncing blue lights are often spirits of children who have passed on…

September 15, 2010 at 10:15 pm
(38) Bonton says:

When I was a young girl living on the island of Okinawa, my brother and I loved to spend our evenings on the coral reefs near the ocean. We both played the guitar, so we would sit there watching the extraordinary sunsets, play our music and sing songs.
Near the place we loved to sit was a grave yard. Now their graveyards are not the image that just popped into your head, but well sculptured concrete dwellings, built in luxury designs and decorated on the outside with mysterious symbol’s.
As we sat there night after night we would glance occasionally at the graves to watch the balls of many colors as they danced about, yes balls of colored lights. They came and they went, they danced about as though waltzing, and then they would disappear back into the tombs.
You know we knew what they were, we were still pretty young and not totally convinced by society that we were only flesh and blood and that there were no spirits, children know there are. It seamed to us a natural phenomenon though we knew not everyone would believe us, and was afraid the folks would say they were evil spirits. We knew they were simply earth bound souls about their business.

September 24, 2010 at 12:11 am
(39) Pam says:

My son had a dream about a bright blue light shining in a doorway and I was standing there talking to it. In the dream he said “Mom who are you talking to?” and I said “Your dad” He said a hand appeared with a flashlight , put it under the chin and when the light came on, he saw his daddys face. IT was a bright blue light when he first saw it in the dream. So not only can you see them with the naked eye, they can appear in dreams too. I knew he’d really seen his dad in the dream because he used to put a flashlight up to his face like and shine it under his chin to make ugly faces at me for fun. I believe they are spirits of loved ones who have passed and they are letting you know they are with you. Why the blue color though. Is that color symbolic in some way? People may be able to prove some orbs are actually reflections of light from a camera or a window. How do you explain the exact same thing when someone is fully asleep and dreaming?

October 21, 2010 at 9:22 pm
(40) Tonya says:

When my ex-husband died me and the kids were pretty tore up. We went to the opening and later when we got home we were sitting and talking about him and then we seen a quarter size light blue light in the room with us. When we seen it, it went in small circles and then out the window. We were shocked. I had heard of them but never thought i would ever see one. I told the kids i thought it was there dad trying to be there for them, cause that was a very hard night. We’ve never seen it since and that was almost 5 months ago.

November 4, 2010 at 3:23 pm
(41) Fraus says:

A few months ago I started seeing a blue glow. This happens at the same time every night. Immediately after I turn the light out to go to sleep. A blue light starts to glow coming from the right side of my face. It always approaches this way and sometimes I can see the glow on the sheets around my face or see the glow above me. Sometimes it will come up to the very tip of my nose with what looks like a small blue and white bubble light. It has broken into two lights but if I blink to hard it goes away.
Lately the glow is not sticking around as long. I have no unsual sensation when it appears. I am not afraid but have to tried to make contact with it thru talking but to no avil. I have been on a spiritual journey for a few years and of course I am wondering if this is a spirit of someone else or my own. Any ideas??

November 12, 2010 at 2:49 pm
(42) ashleigh elwood says:

One night about 6 years ago, I was laying in our King size bed, my 3 year old in the middle…and my husband on the other side. I had alot of anxiety and fear at the time, so I was praying with my eyes closed. When I opened my eyes there were about 5 or 6 brilliant blue, golf ball sized orbs bouncing around our bedroom, I felt more peace than I can even put into words. My husband was asleep so I got up, went around the bed, and laid neaxt to him. At this point, they started bouncing off of us, like they were playing, and my husband is very ticklish, so he was laughing in his sleep. His laugh was joy filled, and they felt very electric, sort of extreme vibration I guess. My husban then woke up, we were so filled with love, my daughter who is now 5 was concieved that night. I believe the “orbs” were spirits or angels who brought her to me. It was beautiful.

November 29, 2010 at 11:09 pm
(43) hellot says:

I have seen a light blue orb, (it is more like a small flash, round), but always light blue, in my home just the past year, since my mom passed away and she lived with me. (I never saw them before) They don’t scare me, but I have wondered what they are because I see them often, at least twice a week. Sometimes it will catch my eye next to my bedside, or down the hallway, or in another part of my house. I don’t think it is anything to be scared of.

December 17, 2010 at 3:57 pm
(44) ahsen hussein says:

hei,.. jojo! Its me, ahsen… From the Maldives…
You are ma number girl,… Your are the most beautiful gurl i eva seen from this world.. I love your songs.. I Wish that one day i can meet you… Im crazy about you… Wish you all best in your singing career… I love you JoJo.. Umwaaaaah =D

December 21, 2010 at 9:36 pm
(45) claire says:

Ive also witnessed a glowing light in my bedroom which came in through my window while i was watching the tv one night but wasn’t blue was more like a really bright glowing white color which just came flew around and disappeared through my wall into my bathroom was not scared when i was looking at it was an amazing thing to witness and glad i actually seen something paranormal!

December 22, 2010 at 4:26 pm
(46) hellot says:

Last night I saw the blue orbs again, but there were about 10-15 of them in a cluster. This time they lingered and when I looked away and peeked through my blankets I saw their reflection through my dresser mirror. They circled each other and disappeared right through the ceiling. I am glad there are others who see this. I live alone and afraid to tell anyone. Might think I’m nuts.

December 28, 2010 at 4:22 am
(47) samantha says:

I’ve seen a blue light frm the corner of my eye when I was sneaking out out my window. And when I askd my bf at the time what it was and turnd around it dissapeard.. :s

December 31, 2010 at 8:21 pm
(48) Dave says:

Hello, The other night I stood in my friends front room and her legs from the floor were glowing bue from behind. Any ideas. No kinding. Please write back if you have seen similar, I’m puzzled.Dave.

January 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm
(49) Christy says:

My 57 year old uncle passed away a little over a month ago. It was sudden and unexpected; a complete shock to all of us and we are all deeply saddened. Two nights ago while laying in bed, watching TV with no other lights on, my husband had just started to fall asleep. The TV suddenly turned off, then back on a few seconds later. I don’t think it was a power outage because the fan in the room and the clocks did not turn off. In the few seconds that the TV was turned off, I woke my husband as this frightened me a little bit, and he woke and witnessed the TV was indeed off, and saw it turn back on. Then last night, I woke in the middle of the night and saw a red glow across from the bed, kind of to the right and a little below from where the TV hangs on the wall. The red glow was at first a bolder red color, then gradually faded until I saw no red glow at all. It seemed to last for maybe 10 seconds. My husband was asleep and did not witness this. I was blinking my eyes, trying to determine if I was imagining things. I am fairly sure this was not a dream, but if it was, it was vivid. Anyone else have a similar experience?

January 5, 2011 at 6:42 pm
(50) Tara says:

I was outside this fall feeding my pets when there was a beautiful blue glow coming from the edge of the woods. At first I thought I was mistaken but it hung there for about 20 seconds. I walked down the hill towards it, it slowly vanished back into the woods. What is this light? Whatever it was I can not get it out of my mind. I am relieved to know I am not the only one who has witnessed this light.

February 14, 2011 at 11:33 am
(51) Marni says:

14 years ago I awoke to a bright blue light in my bedroom mirror.
It was shaped like a ball and I could only describe it like a small blue sun . After questioning my sanity, getting up out of bed to make sure I was awake and not dreaming did I realize that it was a few feet above my head and I was seeing it’s reflection in the mirror.
My father had just passed away and the only thing that made sense was that it was his spirit or energy or something that had come to comfort me, or make a statement.
It stayed in the room for what seemed a very long time, I
watched it intently. The blue was an intense blue that almost seemed to be pulsating.. eventually I tired from watching it and closed my eyes. I opened and closed them several times. I didn’t feel scared I was just in awe.

August 16, 2011 at 11:57 am
(52) Carrie says:

I had the same sort of experience. I guess I’ll post it. But, mine was almost identical. It didn’t seem scared of me and I wasn’t scared of it until it was hovering at the end of my bed and I noticed I couldn’t move my feet or lower legs. I was able to raise my head up and get a good look and it did have a like a pulsating fluid movement to it changing constantly. I felt comforted until I kinda freaked over the fact I couldn’t move my feet.

August 16, 2011 at 11:48 am
(53) Carrie says:

I have seen a bright blue almost see through ball of light like this picture come thru my open bedroom window. The brightness of the light woke me up and it was at the window then came thru it. It was extremely fast and hovered at the end of my bed in space. I tried to move at this time and my feet & legs would not move. I was able to raise up and take a good view of the ball of light. It was abstract and shape was moving constantly. It got larger as I watched. I tried to wake my husband and then it went up to the ceiling kinda slow above me then darted out the window. I could then move my legs again. I wasn’t scared at all, it was almost comforting until I realized I couldn’t move my feet and lower legs. Then, it scared me a little. I’ve wondered and wondered about this! My house is haunted without a doubt but this was new to me. I’ve never seen or experienced anything like this. I almost think something was trying to manifest as it kept getting larger. The largest size it got was about the size of large pizza but it was mostly egg shaped and kept fluidly changing. It was amazing! It was only once that I saw it.

August 19, 2011 at 9:51 am
(54) heidi f says:

I saw the same thing last night in a room of my parents home where I have seen a little girl twice in the home. Once during the day on the staircase she ran passed me and the second occasion in what is known as the blue room when I was sleeping. Last night I woke up and saw a blue flashing lights. It wasn’t a constant glow. Just slow flashes in differnt spots in the same area. This is the first time I have looked online and was shocked to find this photo right-off. Can anyone tell me if they have seen them flashing? I do have to note that it wasn’t scary but almost interesting and calming.
Heidi F.

September 2, 2011 at 1:49 pm
(55) Stephanie says:

I saw the EXACT SAME THING outside my opened bedroom window early one morning. It’s such a relief to read your post.

December 9, 2011 at 8:24 pm
(56) Christy says:

Still wanting to know if anyone has ever seen a red glow?

April 11, 2012 at 3:02 am
(57) laura degernier says:

Has anyone noticed the person its eminating from. LOOK CLOSELY and you can see a face. Top left hand corner mouth

April 11, 2012 at 3:04 am
(58) laura degernier says:

Has anyone noticed what the blue light is eminating from. Top left hand corner near the window theres a face

May 17, 2012 at 9:50 am
(59) Terri says:

I’ve ALWAYS been a skeptic about paranormal–ALWAYS. Until about 2002. I divorced in 2000 and purchased an older home, built in 1954, for my youngest daughter and I. I had some VERY unexplainable things happen.
However, my curiousity is on the bright circle or “orbs.” I’ve never seen anything like this until last year in November 2011. I had lost my job, a permanent split from a 3-year relationship, and pending unemployment benefits all in the same week. I was scared half to death. My mom passed in 1995, and my best friend, of 27 years, the year prior to cancer.

One night, I just “woke up.” When my eyes opened, I was looking at the ceiling (weird because I never catch myself sleeping on my back). What I saw was a “perfect circle” on the ceiling right above my face. I blinked several times trying to dismiss it, but it stayed there for about 10 seconds. When I lifted my head to get a better view of it, it started moving slowing across the ceiling, then dissappeared into the crevice of the ceiling and wall. It is like it JUST WENT INTO THE SEAM!
Like another comment I read above, I wasn’t scared. It was not BLUE; it was Florescent Orange with Lime Green wiggly lines running through the orange. It was perfectly round, and it was about ~10 inches or so in diameter.

Note: that this is not the house mentioned above. I sold it; this is a very nice apartment I’m referring to. However, I don’t think it has anything to do with the dwelling.

It was ONE of the strangest things I’ve ever seen; especially at 2am in the morning.

June 1, 2012 at 5:36 pm
(60) Janet Finn says:

My Mum has recently captured one of these bright blue lights on Video, this was taken at about 2am and was seen in her bedroom.
I believe this is a spirit possibly one of 4 close reletives that have all passed over to the other side.
If there is anyway I can add this video onto this page you would all be more than welcome to take a look and give me your opinion.

June 17, 2012 at 3:06 am
(61) melinda morrison says:

My sister in law told me about an experience where she awoke in the night and saw these balls of light suddenly appear with a popping sound. I had never heard of anything like that before but of course i know her and knew she was telling the truth. plus she was clearly stunned by the experience. This year an employee and friend of mine shared a similar story with me about her and her friend seeing these blue orbs of light which made her my second witness and gave further confirmation of the existence but not the identity of these strange blue balls of light. Then a couple of days ago my younger sister who lives next door came to me a little excited and shared her encounter with blue orbs of light which traveled towards her as she was preparing to go to bed the previous night and then just as quickly disappeared. She said that she had felt anxious having a lot of energy and trouble falling asleep prior to the approach of these lights. I listened with interest but briefly because i was also in the middle of trying to solve some issues with my husband. I went to bed but felt restless. My husband reminded me that i needed to try get some sleep since i had work the next day. suddenly drawn to the window where i could see one of these large blue orbs of light gently traveling along the sand stone rock outside my window where i live in a the rural area of southern Utah. I think it must have been fairly large since this rock was a little distance away . It was kind of a turquoise or electric blue unlike i had imagined from other descriptions but i felt very calm and serene in that moment. My husband recognized that my attention was elsewhere and asked what i was seeing but before i could answer he said “Let me guess, blue lights? because he had heard my sister and I’s conversation. Then he suggested that it was maybe headlights from a vehicle which passed by but i knew it was definitely not head lights.

June 17, 2012 at 3:12 am
(62) Mel Morrison says:

I have had a number of spiritual experiences in my life but none quite as unusual as seeing a blue orb.

June 17, 2012 at 3:19 am
(63) Mel Morrison says:

Years ago when i was living with a friend while my husband had cancer and was undergoing chemo therapy. It was a very lonely time for me and i had an experience where one night where i woke up to find myself looking at a white fuzzy light with no apparent shape just hovering a little to my left and above my head. I stared at it for a long moment blinking a few times to make sure i was awake and seeing what i was seeing.

July 15, 2012 at 12:32 pm
(64) alicia says:

My grandmother passed away about 6years ago but I believe I still talk to her and she communicates with me. I’m not a crazy person. I see things around my house and I have seen when I was a young girl. I’m 17 years old and I have seen this light many times. I asked around to get others opinions. Supposedly its a spirit, a spirit that couldn’t perform its full figure and could be still earthbound because it feels it still hasn’t finished business here or possibly I can’t let it go. I lived a rough childhood and my grandma was always there for me. Believe what you want,I say it could be something.

September 5, 2012 at 9:03 am
(65) Jacob says:

I saw these lights two nights in a row, they weren’t orbs though, was laying in my bed and saw it from the bathroom. I could see it illuminate the bathroom walls Last night, and tonight as I am typing this. Thought it was my sister or her boyfriend using the blacklight to go to the bathroom, but they wouldn’t leave the bathroom door open. Could possibly be something spiritual because I haven’t had any encounters with any “paranormal” stuff. But the night before I had a saddening dream about my dad’s tongue swelling up and him dying, and I’m 18 years old and woke up crying and had told my mom what had happened. We ate dinner later this night and my mom tells me, your dads tongue is swelling up, wanna tell him about your dream? and i did. I just remembered i saw the blue light illuminating the bathroom walls(not an orb) just reflecting off the walls. I saw it tonight didn’t go to see what it was; and it had gone away like it was turned off. but i will capture it on film for youtube if i see it when i go to bed tomorrow. Ill keep you posted!

November 13, 2012 at 2:40 pm
(66) clara flores says:

one night I woke up from my sleep and my entire bedroom was a beautiful bright blue and it lasted for awhile. I called my daughter to come and see my room but the light was gone by the time she came to my room

November 25, 2012 at 5:25 pm
(67) jalayne1 says:

so things have been happening to me all my life just small things that I always chaulked up to coincidence but in the past 2&1/2 months things are changing and happening more frequently. I was standing on my porch one night. there are a cpl houses near by and a street and a couple of street lights that are all yellowish in color. Anyway I was looking out towards the street when a small Blue light in the shape of a “B” (it reminded me of a letter on a lettermans jacket except it was glowing the most beautiful blue) appeared about 100 yards from me. It travelled slowly toward me and as it got closer it appeared larger. It came within 10 yards or so I was not afraid but thought i was seeing things so i shook my head closed my eyes and looked back to where i last saw it but it seemed to have moved back to where i first seen it. the same thing happened three times in a row bit the last time when i opened my eyes it was gone. I have been looking for answers regarding what it could have been

December 12, 2012 at 9:47 pm
(68) billy & virginia says:

I lost my parents in 2007 . Since then i have seen a bright blue and a red ball of light alot of times! Even outside in bright daylight! My son ; daughter; my friends have sern them! The seem to follow me wherever i go! ! I woke up a couple weeks ago and a red one was on my girlfriends shoulder while she slept! I never feel scared! I think its my parents watching over us!

January 29, 2013 at 1:41 pm
(69) Patsy Paling says:

I woke up one morning right a twilight, and when I came out of my room into the hall, I saw a blue mass, standing at my wall, looking at a picture. It then turned and started to come toward me, but disappered before it could get all the way. Did I see a ghost or a loved one that has crossed over?

March 18, 2013 at 2:28 pm
(70) Carol says:

I just saw one of these with my own eyes the other night. Totally surprised me. Came out into the hallway and it was outside the window. As soon as i saw it..it then poofed.

April 6, 2013 at 2:01 pm
(71) Amber says:

Two nights ago I was trying to capture the nice light that the fog was making so I was outside and taking pictures with no flash. Non of my pictures turned out but there are tiny lights in them. Red, blue, green and white ones. One is a series of three blue lights stacked on top of each other in the background. They look just like the light on your website. No reasonable explanation if you ask me does anyone know a reason that these might occur that has something to do with the camera or the fog. Remember there is no flash used.

April 6, 2013 at 2:02 pm
(72) Amber says:

Two nights ago I was trying to capture the nice light that the fog was making so I was outside and taking pictures with no flash. None of my pictures turned out but there are tiny lights in them. Red, blue, green and white ones. One is a series of three blue lights stacked on top of each other in the background. They look just like the light on your website. No reasonable explanation if you ask me does anyone know a reason that these might occur that has something to do with the camera or the fog. Remember there is no flash used.

April 30, 2013 at 1:51 am
(73) Luv says:

These little blue lights show up in a lot of my night photos with or without flash. I really curious to know what’s going on here! There are other things that have happened as well but that’s another story.
Why do these colorful orbs/dots mostly blue keep appearing around me? Also a lot of the blue ones are on my heart!!!
Please help if you know what’s going on here…. Thank You~`~

May 11, 2013 at 1:07 pm
(74) Kathy says:

I was taking a video of my cat and I wasn’t looking at screen but over it and a blue “ball” went across my line of vision. Thought it was an eye floater, kind of what you get after having camera flash go off. I finished taking video of my cat and thought i should watch it and see and I had captured it on video.

May 25, 2013 at 8:05 pm
(75) Jo says:

Several months ago, my friend was hosting a gathering at their apartment. After taking photos of the group (flash on) i put my camera phone on the floor. When I went to pick my phone back up to take more pictures, it was as if an invisible box opened up in the floor and 6 or 7 bright blue (fluorescent) lights, about an inch tall started swimming through the air. They were shaped like commas (sounds ridiculous). I picked up my phone and managed to capture two of them. They were incredible. I showed the pic to a psychic who said they were spirit lights. Never seen anything like it before or since. Xx

October 22, 2013 at 11:29 am
(76) Amanda Adams says:

I truely believe it’s paranormal, because I had the same experience. This happened back in May of this year. One night around close to midnight, I was going to bed and after I layed down, I decided to turn towards the window and just out of nowhere this soft, round shaped bluish white glowing orb appeared in my window (it’s about 7ft from the ground). It stayed in one position for a few seconds then very slowly started moving to the left across the window, then it slowly disappeared as if it just dissolved. It was too big to be a laser and it wasn’t headlights or a flashlight because of the way it acted. The size of it was about the size of a silver dollar.

December 21, 2013 at 9:52 pm
(77) steve d says:

Ibought a five acer land in upper prince george bc,Ifinished a meadow garden in the middle.I notice in the morning when I go and see how the plants are doing with the wild ones.I noticed a light blue light floating around the area,through the trees in that area,Idon’t know what it is ,but Ive seen it more than three times already.That’s why I found this sight.Ithought it might mean peace or something.

January 18, 2014 at 3:22 pm
(78) Mommabearxo says:

My daughter was taking pics in her room and afterwards we seen a greenish blue orb… A perfect bright circle with a clear halo around it… Curious to know what the color means? I have fought a white one above her head before in a picture but have never witness one by plain eyesight

January 22, 2014 at 6:06 pm
(79) bryn says:

hi everyone,

I have seem a blue , misty, electric ball appear infront of me and my ex gf, she can confrim and has no reason to, I now obviously have moved on with my current gf but she has confirmed it with my new partner, I also have had other experiences at this one house, bright lights infront of my face like camera flashes, and lights, also the absolute feeling iam being watched,,,,

someone with some accreditation contact me please at brynwatt@Hotmail.co.uk

February 23, 2014 at 10:07 pm
(80) Barbara says:

In November last year I saw blue lights, small, in sequence of square shaped formation that entered my apartment, hovered near my computer. One hovered over my African violet plant (which later died). In combination with the blue orb lights is often the sound of a large motor left to idle. They have also entered the living room underneath the baseboard heater in a long line across the room, again combined with the sound of a large motor idling outside the apartment.

Another place I saw blue orb lights were several 12 stories up the side of an apartment building. The next time I see them I’ll try and take a digital photo. The blue is darker than the blue in your photo.

I have done energy healing and this is my first real experience of blue orbs, although I did have an earlier occurrence of white ones with a ring of gold around the outside. These had a nice healing energy to them, while the blue orbs noted above had an invasive energy to them.

March 28, 2014 at 10:20 am
(81) Andi says:

On March 26th’ 2014 a power outage occured at 3 am. I don’t know what woke me’ possibly the intense dark’ and quiet….I got up to get a flashlight and check on my two youngest children. I didn’t see or hear anything until I got back in bed. While laying there trying to fall back to sleep I felt ” creepy” then a small blue light appeared by my bedroom door. I was genuinely scared! The light was not constant, it would blink, but it was a slow blink. It started out dim, got slightly brighter and then would go out. I grabbed the flashlight, when I shined it where I saw the blue glow, there was nothing. I told myself my eyes were playing tricks on me, it must of been from the bright flashlight…..I could not go back to sleep until I lit several candles so I wouldn’t be in the dark. Sad considering I’m a 45 year old woman…..I had to do an internet search just to see what would come up. I’m glad I’m not alone. I am still a little freaked out….yet intrigued.

April 16, 2014 at 8:46 pm
(82) Robert says:

I saw a blue neon orb about the size of golf ball. The blue reminded me of that like a light saber. It was at the foot of my bed making a low humming noise. I thought I was seeing things and put my covers back over my head as I like it dark when I sleep. The humming continued and so I looked again it was still there and had not moved. At this point I started looking around my room to see if there was any where for light to come in my room. I had thick curtains and a pull down shade on my window and door closed. So there was no place for light to come in. I made a dash for my door into my brothers room. When we went back in it was gone. I have searched online for anything close but all the pictures I have seen are a joke. This one in this article was the closest yet.

My wife did not believe my story and then of course the blue light sphere caming through a wall into our room. This was 20 years later. We saw it together twice. Not really sure what they are. I believe they could be Angels or Demons. Not sure what to think but very strange.

If anyone has had a real experience like this please let me know.