1. News & Issues

Stephen Wagner

Two Bigfoot Shot, Claims Hunter

By June 29, 2011

Every spring and summer in North America, there are numerous Bigfoot sightings claimed. And just about every year we are hit with fantastic claims of definitive proof for Bigfoot (or Sasquatch)... but they always fade into nothing. Perhaps there will be some footprints, enigmatic hair samples, or fuzzy videos, but the wild claims of Bigfoot bodies never materialize.

Now a hunter is telling the Erickson Project -- an organized project seeking Bigfoot evidence -- that two Bigfoot were shot: an adult and a juvenile. What happened to the bodies? Well, that's the question. It is being suggested that the hunter took them, possibly cut them up and put the pieces on ice. All that has been found or handed over for analysis are bits of flesh, which are being DNA tested.

An organization call the Olympic Project might have the bodies, saying they have enough Bigfoot samples to last for years.

Does this make sense? If they have the bodies, why would they be content dishing out small samples "for years." If they have full bodies -- that's the news! That's what needs to be studied, not small slabs of flesh.

We can't help but be highly skeptical. Show the bodies! Let's see the photos of the bodies! Why the secrecy? If true, this would be the cryptozoological story of the century. But all we get are second-hand accounts. Until we see this evidence, this latest claim smells worse than a rotting Sasquatch cadaver.

Comments

June 30, 2011 at 3:11 am
(1) Sam says:

Why were they shot? What did the sasquatch do to warrant them being shot?What is even worse is that they were sliced into pieces. If this is true the hunter/s that shot them should be charged.

June 30, 2011 at 11:05 am
(2) Andy says:

They don’t have to do anything. The hunter’s culture in the states is shoot first and ask questions later.

June 30, 2011 at 12:40 pm
(3) AKgirl says:

This is obviously phony. IF the supposed creatures were shot in self defense, then why were the bodies dismembered? If they were shot to provide evidence of Big Foot, why were the bodies dismembered? There is no good reason for the ALLEGED dismemberment other than deception.

June 30, 2011 at 11:46 pm
(4) Mikel Nix says:

I agree 100% – I am a believer in Sasquatch but these media based personalities who specialize in outrageous claims, are giving the media based debunkers like Michael Shirmer, Joe Nickell, et. al. free food for non-thought and more ammo for their arguments than did Ray Wallace (who also made some outrageous claims, like having communicated with Sasquatch, visited their families, etc).
The latest personality who has joined the ranks of Ivan Marx and Tom Biscardi, is, surprisingly, Matt Moneymaker – Mr. BFRO himself. With his new show, “Finding Bigfoot”, he is driving a wedge between legitimate research, and mainstream acceptance in the possiblity of Sasquatch. He should be made to drink muddy water and sleep in a hollow log~!!

July 1, 2011 at 12:25 am
(5) Warchild says:

I suspect that if the gentlemen have shot a Sasquatch they should Be receive a visit from there states D.N.R.

Seeing as if true they have admitted to harvesting a none game animal.

Most states hunting regulations are quite clear any animal that is not specifically listed as a game animal is by default protected Look it up Also some states also do have laws on the books about Bigfoot protecting them.

So these gentlemen (and I use the term loosely)had bettor be faking this because if not they are in a whole world of trouble.

Have fun.

July 1, 2011 at 1:08 pm
(6) Deb says:

Not reporting the killings DOES put the hunters in some jeopardy. And considering how states and the Feds are hurting for money, there is NO doubt that they would be charged, and fined something. HOWEVAH, a Sas, dead or alive, is not just a crypto discovery of Biblical proportions but anthropological, too!

If this is true, and putting myself into these hunters’ shoes, I’d first contact some big gun lawyers first. IF true, and they face legal problems, then staying anonymous is a good thing.

I just don’t know. Let’s see how Dr. Ketchum et al pan out, before making any judgements.

I believe, and want Sas, to be real, and protected. HIGHLY protected.

July 8, 2011 at 5:22 pm
(7) Sasdave says:

In reply to Deb and the rest. Yes, they are alive and somewhat well; except, the dead ones supposedly murdered. I’ve seen one so it is easier for me to believe then some of yous. Bibically speaking in Genesis it writes about Cain being Eves first born and she continues in labour to have Adams first born, believe it or not. Cain becomes a marked man, creature who would be chased possiblly til the end of time. It writes about the fallen creating giants when they had sex with the human women. Hard to believe still isn’t it; yet, it would still be considered murder to kill one of these grand creatures. The cover up is stiil happening today and the truth does not set everyone free. Science is not intrested in a body; because, they are financed to cover up the real truths. Look for example at the skull of the sasquatch it looks part reptoid human, like the father was a snake in the grass. I could go on; but, I won’t as this possible truth hurts those that are not open minded. Murder is murder even if this hunter believes it is not.

July 1, 2011 at 5:32 pm
(8) LISA says:

im with sam ,so this cat basicly comit a homicide,why not shoot them with film jackass,your on thier turf,yeah their turf,i tell ya they give guns to anyone,i dont even hope it was bears either.you know every thing humans touch turns to ####.

July 1, 2011 at 8:07 pm
(9) Mitchell F. says:

I am not so sure about this story. However, there are a lot of comments on this message board about how much trouble they are in and why did they cut it up etc. Assuming they did shoot the animals in self-defense, which I question, the animals are dead. How are one or two hunters going to carry a 500 – 800 pound animal and a juvenille out of the woods? To move the adult they would almost have to dismember the body. On the show “Finding Bigfoot”,(For what thats worth) they mentioned this past week that there is only one county in the United States that has a law against killing the creature known as the Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch etc. That county is in Washington state. The previous poster was correct that in some states animals not specifically listed with a season and duration are illegal to kill. I am not certain that every state is the same but it would be very difficult to disprove the self-defense claim when the offender was face to face with an extremely large, wild hominid protecting its young. I have very mixed feelings about taking the life of a Sasquatch for evidence. However, I am afraid this is going to be the only way of satisfying science and then allowing for the implementation of a conservation program. It has already been proven that a video, no matter how good the quality, is going to suffice as evidence. Still pictures and thermal images are not enough to sway opinions. It will take a body. I do not think that any video taken today will be any better than the Patterson/Gimlin video. I am covinced that this is a genuine animal due to the physical attributes of the animal in the video; breasts, muscle injury on leg, bulk of identifiable muscles and so on. It is not a man in a gorilla costume. I just hope that if animals have been killed that the evidence is in repsonsible hands and already being studied by professional scientists. Hopefully there will not be any interference from the government over the release of any evidence if it does exist.

July 3, 2011 at 8:43 am
(10) John S. says:

I agree with Mitchell F. whole heartedly Being a person that saw one of these creatures one morning that starred me directly in the eyes not 30 feet away & I believe to have made friends with my dog to share his food over time . The dog never bothered to be aggressive toward it nor did it make any move toward me there was one low growl that brought my attention to it then it just slipped off out of site , it left me startled thinking I had to get back to the house till there was more daylight , I estimated it to be about 9 feet tall & 3 feet broad at the shoulders . There was no thought that I must shoot it that was maybe three years ago & I still look out there to this day every time I’m out there & my dog passed of old age shortly after that .

July 4, 2011 at 5:24 pm
(11) Two Elks says:

Not again !! I’ll believe it when I see it ! We have some very skillful liers out there.

July 4, 2011 at 5:45 pm
(12) mzfilo55 says:

Knowing you’re in Bigfoot country, wouldn’t you arm yourself with a camera for those ‘just in case something happens’ moments? Just as well cause it’s easy to make claims about seeing & shooting a Bigfoot, then say some stupid crap like cutting the Bigfoot to pieces because he couldn’t move it!! Biggest bunch of BULLSH*T EVER!!
I am a true believer of Bigfoot & know people have witnessed them but it’s people like this who make sh*t claims & don’t follow through who irritate the crap out of me & I’m pretty sure others as well!!

August 1, 2013 at 12:20 pm
(13) Sarah says:

I know of a local story in the area where my town is now built (before when it was just trees) of where a man who was travelling by in this area reported that he shot a large unusual creature when he was out alone. He only came back with his story and a large thumb he had cut off from the creature.