1. News & Issues

Stephen Wagner

Can the Dead Talk to Us?

By May 13, 2012

Spirit seancePeople have always wanted to communicate with the dead. We miss the company and the relationships we had with them when they were alive. We want to know that they're okay wherever they are; that they are happy and no longer burdened by the trials of earthly life.

Yes, we can reach out to those who have passed, but can they talk back? We have developed various methods and rituals in hopes of making two-way contact - most recently, several technology-based methods. But are they effective? We seem to be getting responses... but can they be trusted? Are they truly responses from the dead?

Here's a review of the most common methods could be channels through which the dead communicate. Read more.

Comments

May 13, 2012 at 8:14 pm
(1) Ananthi .G.Chandrasekaran says:

Have any one tried to communicate with another person,through your mind, without even any gestures? It may be possible,by feelings of intense emotions, conveyed mainly through eyes;it may be a look,touch or a tear drop, if you are overwhelmed by something or somebody, your emotional side flows out of you, and acts as a means of communication to the other person. For spirits, there isn’t any possibility of even eye contact with us. If we can communicate through our mind,much more things than we can verbally speak, can be conveyed to living ones, why cant we communicate likewise to the dead or receive from them? Being overwhelmed with gratitude is a beautiful way to be receptive. Yoga or concentrating your thoughts on one item makes you receptive in deeper ways. Remember that spirits are emotional bodies.If they feel emotions towards us only, we can receive them. So we have to pour in the proper emotions they like, patiently, until we receive them in our mind. We must trust our intuitions whether we are right or wrong. 99% of successful people in the world,rely on their intuitions only, in taking serious risks, and to take proper decisions at crucial times.So why not rely on our intuitions for spiritual communications also? Gratitude and humility, is very essential,though.We must also consider the difficulties in spirit communications as described by Michael Tymn in his blog posted on16th April 2012.

May 14, 2012 at 1:17 pm
(2) Raven HorseChief says:

On the subject of communicating with those that have passed over into Spirit, I have PROOF that you can have normal conversations with your loved ones and any other Spirit/s that may be living with you. Most Spirit talks do NOT need any contraptions modern or not for Spirit loved ones to communicate although I am fully aware that most Boffins prefer to use the word of ‘technology’ in order to prove there is life after we pass on. You can also communicate with Spirit through the mind, but then again, Spirits do know what you are about to say as well and will answer even before you have got the question out! They are also aware of your thoughts….for most people just thinking about your loved ones in Spirit can bring about intense emotions whether they are present or not. Sending communication through the mind is one option but most people tend to dismiss the Spiritual ‘nudges’ that they receive and pass it off as a mere ‘coincidence’ and miss out on what ‘could’ have been an important piece of information or a general Spirit ‘chat’.

May 14, 2012 at 6:38 pm
(3) RedRoses says:

I believe it is impossible to comunicat with the dead. It is more of a way to reasure us when we are sad. It’s like when I was young I would talk to my cat. Once, she started meowing after every question I asked. But she wasn’t responding, or even did she know what I was saying. It was an accedent, just like all of these oiji boards are. It just so happened to happen at the time I was accepting it to. We ask a question into the air, hoping for a paranormal response. So we get one. Or, well we create one. Our imagination creats a response. But many people feel that as a comfort to them, just thinking about there past loved one. So, even if their imagination is taking over, leave them alone. If it makes them happy, it is ok. I, personaly think cumunatations with the dead are unlikely. But feel free to dissagree!

May 14, 2012 at 10:51 pm
(4) Visara says:

Raven HorseChief, no one has proof there is life after death, much less communication between the dead and the living.

May 15, 2012 at 9:55 am
(5) Sam says:

I believe, personally, that the dead can communicate with us. For this to work, however, we need to take certain measures into place; for instance, using equipment to pick up the present of a spirit, and using something – for example a pendulum – to communicate with them; or this can be done via a scéance.

May 15, 2012 at 9:56 pm
(6) Raven HorseChief says:

VISARA, DO YOU KNOW ME PERSONALLY? PERHAPS YOU SHOULD POP BY MY PLACE AND COME MEET MY FAMILY…SPIRITS. NUP AM NOT NUTS AND NUP AM NOT IMAGINING THINGS. MY FAMILY CAME THROUGH FROM SPIRIT TWO YEARS AGO AND ARE WITH ME 24/7. NOW…HAVE YOU GOT PROOF THAT THERE IS NO LIFE AFTER DEATH? OF COURSE NOT, BECAUSE LIKE MOST PEOPLE, YOU ONLY BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE AND OBVIOUSLY AS YOU ARE NOT AT ALL SPIRITUAL, THEN, THERE LIES YOUR ANSWER. CLOSED MIND AND CLOSED TO EVERYTHING ELSE NO DOUBT. IF YOU WANNA CONTACT ME DO SO. WHAT I HAVE WOULD BLOW THE LID OF THE PARANORMAL WORLD, STICK TO YOUR GHOST ADVENTURES EH?

May 23, 2012 at 11:33 pm
(7) Brenda says:

You can talk to the dead!! and the dead can talk to you this has happen to many time , and i know you may not believe me but very true and i did’nt know these spirts, they where not family ! the land i used to live on was full of spirts.!!

February 21, 2014 at 2:00 pm
(8) Susan says:

The dead most certainly can talk to us. I am not very good at contacting the dead, but they seem pretty good at coming through to me it seems.

I have had experiences ever since I was a teenager with regard to the deceased wanting to communicate with me.

I am now middle aged and I lost my husband to suicide last year owing to a long battle with depression.

He must have known how distressed I was and I know he spoke to me – no – not with a voice in my head, but with a real voice. Twice I could feel him in bed with me, his arms around me. The second time he spoke gently when I asked him if it was him.

I most certainly was not asleep when this happened, I was awake and I heard his voice very clearly. I went back to sleep again very soon after this happened.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, we do survive our deaths. There is no death and our souls or spirits, whatever you want to call them, carry on after our bodies are gone.

We have nothing to fear with death, it is an illusion.

February 23, 2014 at 1:28 pm
(9) Faith says:

Yes,I do believe, with all my heart,that there is communication between those of us here and those who have passed over. I also believe that trust,an open mind,and longing have a great deal to do with it. I know that if you are in “contact” with a special person whom you miss with all your being,this person can actually place thoughts into your head .For example: You will be sitting there and suddenly some thought pops into your head and it comes out of nowhere but it applies to that special individual and maybe to a past conversation you had together before the passing. I had a nasty heart attack on Dec 20,2013,and getting back on my feet from this malady was the most difficult health challenge I have ever had-I was actually almost at a crawl when I returned to work in January. I could not believe that I could physically move so slow and still be standing upright. It took several weeks but I finally managed to begin to move faster,and ,one day last week the words” You’re moving faster!” popped into my head,and I KNEW right away it was Joe speaking to me as he had done before. I just knew. I am not lying-there is no one to lie to or about and I am not trying to impress anyone,but I KNEW it was Joe.! I am a believer,I do believe that mediums ( not phony ones but true ones) are blessed with a gift from GOD as the devil does not give gifts .I do believe that GOD allows these passed souls to speak to us as HE also understands the feeling of loss and HE wants us to find comfort and also to strengthen our faith in HIM. I was always a believer but I do understand that a lot of people are not,and a lot have found faith because they have witnessed what I have been talking about. It is almost like a divine intervention.
That is how I feel. I do not apologize for it.