"I live in a small town in Swansea, Wales. One night two years ago, the strangest thing happened," reports Adele. "I was in a deep sleep in the summer and suddenly became freezing. I woke up to see a lady who looked exactly like me sitting beside me on my bed! I rubbed my eyes several times, and every time I opened my eyes, she was still there. She had long black hair and was wearing a long white dress with dirt at the bottom. She smiled at me. Then she stood up, walked out of my room and straight down the stairs! I still don't know who or what she is, but she was definitely real!"
Every paranormal investigator -- even in cases like this that are not possible to investigate directly -- must first consider non-paranormal explanations for an experience. There are many unknowns: Adele's state of mind, personal circumstances, emotional state, etc. Adele's experience could have been:
- A waking dream or lucid dream
- A hallucination of some kind
These are the most likely possibilities. Of course, on this site we also like to speculate about paranormal possibilities:
- A psychic projection of herself (only Adele could offer an explanation as to why)
- A doppelganger -- a mysterious person or entity that seems to be a duplicate of a living person
- The ghost of an ancestor whom Adele closely resembles
Let's ask the readers: What do you think of Adele's experience?