There have been many unexplained disappearances in America's National Parks and forests. In this video, reporter George Knapp recounts some of those instances, many of which have elements of high strangeness. The report is based on two books authored by David Paulides, a former cop, who has cataloged many of these cases. Bizarre incidents include:
- Small children disappear and are found a day or two later at impossible distances -- many miles away, even over mountain ranges or raging rivers
- Clothes of missing people are found, neatly folded and stacked
- Trained bloodhounds are often confused in the search
- A 6-year-old simply disappeared while playing with his brothers, and never found
- Some who are found alive after a time cannot explain or remember what happened to them.
More mysterious disappearances: