"This took place on my farm near the town of Orick, California on May 30, 2007," reports Jeff S. "It was dark out and I was inside my home watching television. I heard some strange noises outside, so I got up and looked out the back window. I saw a large man covered in black fur run past my yard light. I grabbed the shotgun and ran outside. I heard a ruckus in my chicken barn and started walking over there when I saw a big, dark figure come out of the barn. It started to walk away, so I aimed the shotgun and fired.
"When I shot, I heard a loud scream of agonizing pain. It sounded non-human. In the morning, I went to the chicken barn and saw at least a dozen chickens dead, some of their heads torn off. I went to where I shot the dark figure and I saw a blood trail. I followed it for miles before I gave up. The blood trail still continued, but I didn't follow it all the way. I have never seen the figure again."
Thanks for that report, Jeff, but I have a few comments and questions about this story:
- Is it common custom to shoot at trespassers in Orick? Shoot and ask questions later? After all, it could have been a man in a heavy coat.
- Did you report this incident to anyone? Local authorities? Bigfoot research groups?
- Were there any footprints?
- Did you take any photos? Of the chickens? Of the blood trail? Seems like this would have been a great story for the local paper.
- Did you have the presence of mind to collect any samples of that blood? It could have been valuable evidence if the creature was a Sasquatch.
What do you think of Jeff's story, readers? Is he just pulling our leg with this extraordinary claim? Or did Jeff in fact have an extraordinary encounter?