1. News & Issues

Stephen Wagner

The Ouija Board: Is It Really Evil?

By August 12, 2012

Mention the use of a Ouija board to a paranormal research group these days and you'll get a lot of head shaking and statements about "opening portals" and "demonic entities". How did the Ouija board and similar "talking boards" get this reputation? Is it deserved? How is it different than other methods of spirit communication? Read more.

Comments

October 12, 2008 at 10:57 am
(1) butunella says:

fee Youtube, google-yahoo video player
paranormal.about.com recommends – Copy&past in browser:
http://youtubeplayer.byethost9.com/you tube player.zip

December 2, 2008 at 11:17 pm
(2) Outside says:
June 3, 2010 at 3:04 am
(3) Nathan says:

Ouija is not evil – it’s a tool. You can use wrench to repair a car and to kill someone, right? The same thing apply to Ouija, you can use it to contact the Otherside and then send spirits back to where they belong. Or you can have no idea what you’re doing, think it’s just a way to have fun and attract some nasty things to your house.

That’s how it works :) .

June 3, 2010 at 4:05 pm
(4) Rev. E.M. Camarena says:

The reputation that talking boards have as “evil” came directly from the spiritists when the Ouijaź board gained fad status in the WWI years. The spiritists/mediums did not approve of this board since it all but eliminated any need for their services. T’was they who spread the stories about people getting possessed and evil spirits coming through the board when the board was employed my amateurs with no training in the spiritual. Over the years, the most fantastic tales stuck. And that was that. If you think about it, should something like a devil (Satan) exist why would it need a piece of cardboard made in China to get you? If it wants you, it will get you. Although in the Judeo-Christian mythology this whole idea is blasphemous on its face since it presupposes a powerful entity that is coequal to God. Manicheanism is still a heresy in the roman church.

June 3, 2010 at 6:24 pm
(5) trnr collins says:

[img]http://www.greenpeace.org/international/ReSizes/ImageGalleryLarge/Global/international/photos/oceans/2010/defending-med-RW.jpg[/img]

The Copenhagen Weather Summit ranks as an notable failure. Its first outcome – the three-page Copenhagen Correspondence – is nowhere abutting the legally binding compatibility that millions of us expected of our period leaders. Currently we’re heading means into the danger sphere of a 3 °C nautical in broad temperatures the consequences of which would be penetrating in return possibly man and the existence we actual in.

It seems our leaders don’t about the period’s good saving. So we’re prevalent to bear to apportion them beneficent adequate reasons to act.

Display your state’s head what YOU think is good saving from the dangers of atmosphere change beside adding a dead ringer of it and/ or article with it in a comment below. You’ll also be adding your name to our extensive wake up benefit of a stronger feeling deal.

[u][b]Life Leaders: Put away This[/b][/u]

Ambiance substitution is not present to spare our home. It’s flourishing to affect our succinctness, our jobs, our food, our bear up against and value of life. The inventory of impacts is endless. Things that we devotion and responsibility about are at risk. It’s prosperous to trouble the lives of our children and the world they inherit. Isn’t all of this good saving?

Art tells us that to obstruct some of the worst impacts we beggary to take care mediocre global temperature slope upwards admirably here 2 °C and reduce warming as dissipated as possible.

To about this, industrialised countries suffer with to dilute their blanket greenhouse gas emissions close to 40% below 1990 levels beside 2020. And developing nations as a full destitution to bust their projected lump in emissions 15-30% exceeding the same timescale.

You can’t silver the branch – you can change the politics.

June 5, 2010 at 4:59 am
(6) morgan says:

ive used one there scary as heck but they work if you use it correctly my mother used one and it brought some kind of evil spirit in our home it tried draging me off my parents bed it haunted or bathroom for like a year or two true story i promise!

July 1, 2011 at 9:47 pm
(7) ken says:

is it real

June 7, 2010 at 9:50 am
(8) Herman King says:

I used one hoping to contact a higher spirit. Instead a convicted jailbird came through! Guess it’s the only instrument earthbound spirits can use.

June 8, 2010 at 2:58 pm
(9) demonhunter says:

prophetessdemonhunter@myspace
A quija board is used by most of the population to contact the dead.

August 12, 2012 at 11:29 pm
(10) Jeremy Gray says:

The human condition is something that cannot be factored out completely. That is to say that the mind’s power of sugestion and a phenomenon known as ideomotor responses can create a response in the form of eiter a pendulum swinging or a planchette moving without the minds concious control. My team is open to using them as long as we have a control, we’ll accept it as evidence as long as it is supported by other evidence (i.e. photos or evps).

I have been compiling research on the human side of this equation for years and have been working on a writeup of it as an article on my website. I don’t think tyhis article is live yet, but you can Check it out at:

While there certainly are a ton of stories to fuel the possession and doorway phenomenon, this seems like a form of religious control rather than a scientific fact. I’m not saying the possibility doesn’t exist, i’m just saying prove it. There are a ton of factors in regards to a possession, not just they pulled out a boardgame from Parker Bros (the ones who make the ‘standard’) played it and boom they’re possessed. As for the doorway theory, show me the proof that spirits are moving through the board and into people’s lives.

The bottom line is that it is a boardgame, designed to be fun at slumber parties, or around halloween. There are mediums who use them, and also there is the human condition, and the ability for the brain to control the muscles witout a concious thought. There are just too many conditions for any conclusive statement, other than ” we just don’t know”.

August 14, 2012 at 2:52 am
(11) Pawrr says:

Can’t remember where I read it years ago, but the article noted that Satan and Hell did not exist before the coming of Christianity. Was all Gods and Goddesses …….

To all who think that one of your friends are pushing / pulling the glass or marker around, try this ………

Every one places their elbow on the table and touches the top of the glass or counter with one finger so that each persons finger is in a vertical position onto the glass or counter and is touching so lightly that every one can see that your finger is bobbing up and down lightly on the glass or counter ……you can’t move it if you are hardly touching it. It still works when you ask questions etc etc.

I asked a question with my finger on the glass that I KNEW that no one knew except me and I then removed my finger.
All we got was a gobbledegook answer, just a mixture of letters and no words of any sense, so I put my finger back and asked if it knew the answer and it said yes, so I asked for the answer and then removed my finger once more and got the same result.

Out of interest, we were talking to a robot called ” Sam ”
who had not been built ……… and would be constructed somewhere / sometime in the distant future.

I personally think Stephen is correct ……

I will come back when I pass over to the Other Side and let you all know what is going on about the Demon thing ……..

August 14, 2012 at 3:07 pm
(12) Barbara says:

I believe that with a Quija Board that you are actually contacting demons instead of the dead. You are opening a portal to the demonic. They should be left alone.

August 20, 2012 at 5:11 am
(13) Arcana says:

Personally, I would never want an Ouija board in my house. It has the possibilities of inviting negative energy into the household because you’re welcoming it into your home via communication. I would only allow such a tool if I was %100 sure the spirit of interest was good.

August 14, 2013 at 2:17 pm
(14) James says:

My wife and I use a board nearly every night. Never had a bad experience. If you are “pure” there will be no problem. If your not, or just looking for trouble, then leave it alone. We find it helpful and talk to all kinds of spirits. Some are our relatives, others are people we knew and some we never knew but do now. Most have nothing much to say and are just passing thru.