1. News & Issues

Stephen Wagner

Should You Be Afraid of Ghosts?

By November 14, 2012

Ghost FaceThe ghost phenomenon has become so closely associated with the instinct of fear that it's almost a given that, if asked, most people would admit that of course they would be frightened if they encountered an apparition. Even many seasoned ghost investigators have been known to run like scared rabbits when they see or even hear something unexpected. Why? Have ghosts really earned the reputation of being harmful to humans? Read more.

Comments

June 30, 2010 at 4:11 pm
(1) Brian says:

There are only two types of Ghost in this world, so what do you think as far as Ghost hurting you? And on another note, Wow, soooo many misinterpretations of The final Fatima Prophecy.

June 30, 2010 at 9:34 pm
(2) Cynthia Emswiler says:

No. I live with many Spirits/Ghosts. They are my friends. As long as you respect them they will respect you. I also made a comment under need a good paranormal documentary TV show. Check it out

November 15, 2012 at 3:49 pm
(3) Mellisa says:

I disagree. While not always harmful, in my experience there certainly are things that will hurt you. I’ve personally been physically and mentally attacked. When your instincts are saying run…there is usually a good reason for it. Our instincts are there as a survival mechanism and you should never ignore them when you feel you are in danger. On that note, of course not everything is out to get you either.

November 16, 2012 at 6:05 am
(4) shirley says:

Being scared of something you see and because its unknown it may if your not strong want to turn away from it but can you say Mellisa what it was that ‘physically’ hurt you and how? Are you talking of a ghost or some entity?

November 17, 2012 at 2:36 pm
(5) G.Ananthi Chandrasekaran says:

All of our emotions,can be classified either into love based responses, which are positive responses, or as fear based responses (negative), to all stimulus. All emotions are our choice of how we wish to perceive a particular stimuli. Fear based responses, act as a barricade and block our reception of the stimuli itself and helps us to distort our perception of the stimuli in a particular way preferred by us. We use fear, to help us in deviating our perception of the reality from the source of knowledge and we thus help ourselves even to the extent of us totally denying our experience itself. Our conscious mind has put forth and accepted many theories of materialism for our comprehension based mainly on our wish for selfish indulgence of matter as on an induvidual basis or as a group. They are embedded into our conscious minds by our society, religion, media, government, parents etc., Most of these theories deviate much from the path of truth, are aimed to control us by stifling our quest for knowledge there by making us a slave to their whims. These fear based emotions are accepted by us only through compulsion denial and violence, but love based emotions are accepted through suggession and persuation. These negative fear based emotions block our perception of reality, thereby not allowing us even to think, comprehend and discriminate on our own. Fear makes us see through the others eyes, making us a slave to others. All our positive humane charecters of self respect, dominance, assertiveness, competitive sprit, selfworth, understanding, perseverance, determination, compassion and inspiration etc., cannot surface when their is fear.

November 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm
(6) G.Ananthi Chandrasekaran says:

Breaking these blocks, is commonly called the opening of the heart, which results in our experiencing an expansion of love knowledge and unending pleasure of selfless service by which we can live as a true human being, trancend the physical and have hands on experience of the spiritual. For this to occur we have to question everything, and analize things to the core, with a positive and broad minded approach, exploring all the possiblities particularly with the least amount of selfish motive. Selfish motives makes most of us fearful of the unknown and a slave of others. We can identify these negative blocks easily. They seem to compel, try to destroy our freedom, brings in us sadness and all kinds of fear based emotions makes us think only what others allow us to think.

November 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm
(7) Mellisa says:

@Shirley…I don’t know what it was, but I’m assuming it wasn’t anything good. It scratched me, pushed me, held me down and just purposely tried to scare me. I woke up one morning feeling like I’d been hit in the back with a baseball bat and had a huge rug burn down my lower back. I’m still not sure how that happened. It messed with me on a daily basis. I’m not scared of ghosts! I’m a sensitive and they’re around all the time. Usually they’re harmless. Just saying…not always. BTW, I finally had to move out of that house after a decade. I really was scared for my safety. Plus, none of my electronics would work between the hours of 10pm and 5am anymore. lol

November 17, 2012 at 6:19 pm
(8) Scott says:

If they exist I guess it would depend on the entity and what they could do. If they exist they could at the very least scare you enough so you get hurt. If this was a very bad person in real life who did bad things and had some abilities to do things in this life then I figure it could do harm.

November 19, 2012 at 6:23 am
(9) shirley says:

Thank you Mellisa for sharing your experiences. The poltergeist theory comes to mind its just a name but not proved if its something of an afterlife or not. Why effect some people not others is debated and to me its about energy and perhaps the aura you have that attracts these unknowns. Hope you are more settled now in your new home and you are more at peace.

April 19, 2013 at 3:43 am
(10) lacey says:

K I live in a house that has two known ghosts a young child and a man. The child has whispered mommy to my mother and crawled in bed with her. The man has only spoken once and said hello and that was in the basement. Lately things have been getting weird and apparantly only to me. I have seen shadows in the kitchen, and at night when I go to bed just when I’m about to go to sleep something jumps onto the end of my bed. But just 10 minutes ago I was hit in the shoulder, not very hard but enough to give a thud and push my shoulder back. Anyways I am almost 5 months pregnant, I don’t really feel scared but don’t know why this is happening. Should I find a new place?