1. News & Issues

Stephen Wagner

Should Sasquatch be a protected species?

By January 14, 2013

Do you think Sasquatch should be an officially protected species? If so, you can sign a White House petition to gave it officially recognized as an indigenous species and have them protected by laws. There are two sides to this:

1. How can we officially protect a species that has not been proved to exist (even though we have some evidence)?
  2. Should we wait until it is proved -- possibly by having a hunter or other enthusiast shoot and kill it, and then it's too late?

What do you think? If you want Sasquatch protected, sign the petition.

Comments

January 14, 2013 at 10:33 pm
(1) Bob says:

We don’t even have proof that it exists yet…

January 14, 2013 at 10:55 pm
(2) Kat says:

I think it’s a nice thought to protect the Sasquatch, but how about the Loch Ness-type creatures, and how about Mothman? The list is endless.

January 15, 2013 at 2:34 am
(3) Scott says:

I’d like to sign a White house petition to protect Peter Pan, because I believe fairies exist

January 15, 2013 at 5:46 am
(4) Max says:

Who ever came up with this petition was either making a sorry attempt at a joke, or is just fantastically idiotic. How can you make Bigfoot a protected species, when it doens’t even exist, and thus is not a species? Do they even know what ‘species’ means?

January 17, 2013 at 2:06 pm
(5) Lemarch says:

Because I grew up in a heavily forested area populated by black bears and spent much time in the woods, yet never saw a bear, I believe it is entirely possible for there to exist a large creature which is adept at evading people. Especially if it is primarily nocturnal, as Sasquatch is said to be. There have been far too many sightings for me personally to dismiss entirely the experiences of others. Unless you have actually experienced deep woods, you can have no conception of how easy it is to for something large to hide.

As for not finding a body, here is an interesting link.

January 18, 2013 at 3:09 pm
(6) the business of the 21st century ebook says:

obviously like your web-site however you need to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts.
A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find
it very bothersome to tell the reality on the other hand I will definitely come
again again.