1. News & Issues

Stephen Wagner

Scariest Old Hag Experiences

By February 24, 2013

Old Hag experiences

What could be scarier than waking up enable to move, unable to speak, barely able to breathe? There is something scarier, as victims of Old Hag Syndrome can tell you. Because sometimes these experiences are accompanied by phenomena even more terrifying: there's someone or something else in the room... at the foot of your bed... or staring into your face. In the worst cases, you're poked, screamed at, or even choked. Here are some of the scariest Old Hag encounters reported. Read more.

Comments

February 25, 2013 at 10:46 pm
(1) Scott says:

Some really good stories there with some bordering on the supernatural which pretty interesting. I sort of like those stories that seems like Sleep Paralysis but have a something extra that makes it spooky. Well anyway I have to say that I just had a real spooky experience myself just the other night. I was home alone, the wife was downstairs with the kid and I sort of doze off before covering myself fully with the blanket. I was getting a little cold and wanted to pull the blanket over me and I noticed in the corner of the room a pair of eyes beneath the table that contained my antiques. I wasn’t sure I saw it and I was half asleep and I’m not sure I had complete control of my arms. It scared me and I sort of turned my eyes but I thought it was probably a reflection but I tried to go for the blanket and I couldn’t move my arms. I thought to myself it’s got to be a reflection so I moved my eyes in that direction again. Well at that point a incredible fear came over my body, I realized that there was no reflection because there was no light down in that area and I definitely saw something that looked like a pair of eye,s dim but there I couldn’t understand how I was seeing something in an area that had no apparent light. Then I notices the eyes were moving and under the table this darkened mass moved toward me. You know I started asking for help and again reached for the blanket which I could not get to. Well out from underneath the table the black mass started to grow and moved toward me. The little bit of light incoming thorugh the windows produced enough light for me to make out a tall dark figure. Bigfoot! OK, just kidding. Well anyway I have had this type of thing happen on occasion so I can appreciate the good experiences here.

February 26, 2013 at 8:38 am
(2) Michael says:

I had these experiences until being diagnosed with sleep apnea, since sleeping with a cpap machine I have not had any of these experiences. I think the lack of oxygen from the sleep apnea had something to do with it.

February 26, 2013 at 11:24 pm
(3) John says:

Too many good drugs in the 60s. Mental problems. All explainable. My X roommate was Schizophrenic. had same types of episodes when not on his meds. All easily explained without some supernatural hocus pocus.

February 27, 2013 at 1:44 am
(4) Marcos Mendoza says:

I’ve had many dreams such as this that would count as sleep apnea. Here are some examples. Idk why but my body seems to freeze in fear whereas my mind is still able to think clearly. One case was when I had a dream involving a very demonic looking statue. When I awoke from my dream, just by imagining it in my dream I would become paralyzed but only if I was in a sleeping position. If I was sitting up I would still feel chills. Another dream was actually from a couple of nights ago. It involved myself in a past time in my life, but there was an occasional fly that kept flying around. Time sped up, I was at a Lowes Hardware store. I was walking around until I noticed the people around me began to slow down, and then they were frozen. The only person still moving was the cashier. As I noticed the person, he began to have a diabolical smile that approached his cheeks and had razor metallic teeth. It was then the fly disappeared, said the name of the demon, and then I was out of the dream, in my body as if paralyzed and felt a strange sensation on the right side of my abdomen. Only by invoking St. Michael the Archangel and reciting the Jesus prayer many times did I regain control over myself.

February 28, 2013 at 5:25 am
(5) Sabrina says:

I would like to offer for everybody, interested in paranormal and Mr. Wagner himself to go to youtube, search for the video “ghost caught on a mobile phone” and see, the first video. This is really interesting, although it can not be published here, because the participants of the video are using a very bad language, still I would like to see Mr. Wagner’s opinion on the video.

April 10, 2013 at 9:41 pm
(6) thomas says:

Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an e-mail.
I’ve got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.