August 2003 Page 12
by Danee A.
Your article was very interesting regarding intuition/coincidences. I have been experiencing an ongoing saga since last July - makes me wonder who is controlling this, God or my own imposed will. On July 1, 2002 I was unfairly laid off from a job. The president of the company laid me off in lieu of a family friend that also worked there. To say I was devastated was putting in mildly. Of course, since the economy was/is so bad, I signed up at a few temp agencies. My first temp job a few weeks later was directly upstairs from my old job. I thought this was kind of strange and thought, maybe someday I'm destined to go back. I really started feeling this in my heart. Wishful thinking? Read on:
I started asking for signs - they started coming almost immediately (like within 1/2 - 1 hour after my request):
- I'd run into someone from my old department.
- I'd get an unexpected phone call from someone I had worked with.
Then they became more involved:
- I was watching TV and decided to play a game - asked for a sign on TV. About 20 minutes later I was watching "Night Gallery" - an episode came on called "Professor Peabody's Last Lecture." My old job was at Peabody Engineering.
- I asked for flowers if I was going back there. Three days later my mother in law brought me flowers from her garden (she lives three states away) for no reason. She never gave me flowers before in her life.
- A bunch of other things happened - I can really go on.
Then it really got intense:
- I got a contract job doing administrative work in October where I'm still working. I saw contractors working on a building across the parking lot (about 50 feet away - we're both 1 story buildings). I had a feeling my old job was moving there.
- In January, my old job moved there.
- In addition, I have a window office that looks directly at them and I can see them and they can see me very clearly. We say hi all the time.
- In February I found out the bimbo that was kept instead of me became pregnant and may leave. The baby is due in August.
- Then I found out the president that laid me off had left the company (he lied and said he got a job in Colorado - just saw him drinking at a local bar the other day. I also see him sometimes driving past his old office stalking).
- Anyway, they found a new president just the other day - my old boss. My ex-boss had nothing with laying me off - he was out of town when the Board of Directors came in from England and were behind closed doors with the former president.
- I found out my old boss became president in a weird way too. The day they announced it I called the office because I found a gold pin under my in-basket that resembled Peabody's insignia that came out of nowhere. About 15 minutes after I found it, the phone rang with a wrong number. It was a woman looking for "Mr. Berry". Mr. Berry was my old boss, so I decided to touch base with one of my former co-workers.
I'm now wondering if I'm destined to go back there. If I do, this would make a great human interest story, don't you think?
have a paranormal tale to tell?