|Prophecies for 1999|
1999seemed like a fateful, ominous year. It was the beginning of the close of the decade, of the century, and of the millennium. Many thought it might be a year significantly more remarkable than any previous year with regard to world events and the fate of mankind.
Many prophets had forecast momentous events for the year - the most notable being the grand pubah of seers himself, Nostradamus. Here is a review the predictions that prophets and psychics from around the world - and from centuries past - have made for 1999.
Nostradamus -- the 16th century doctor, astrologer, and prophet -- made what is perhaps the most famous and far-reaching prediction (he made over 400 years ago) about the year 1999. In one of his most ominous quatrains, July 1999 is the month and year he portends the arrival of "The King of Terror."
The year 1999, the seventh month,
From the sky will come a great king of terror
Resurrecting the great King of the Mongols
Before and after Mars to reign happily.
Century 10, Quatrain 72
Some interpret the "king of terror" as being the Antichrist while others who note the phrase "from the sky" believe it might be a devastating meteor or comet. Some feared that the threat from the sky would be the Cassini space probe. This is the Saturn-bound probe whose launch was protested because it carries plutonium as fuel for its nuclear power supply, and since it closely passed Earth in its slingshot trajectory toward Saturn in the summer of '99, the fear was that it would strike the Earth and release its deadly plutonium. The slight flaw in aligning this with Nostradamus' prophecy is that Cassini will passed the Earth in August, not July.
Nardacci-Psaras, "a natural psychic who has been gifted with the sight since birth," according to her website, Magickal Insights, made the following predictions for 1999 - 2010:
- War breaks out between Islam and the West... tensions are increased by the use of tactical nuclear weapons and the discovery of alternative energy, which mobilizes the Arab nations into the creation of the new Arab Empire.
- America is distracted by dealing with natural disasters and the rebuilding of what's left of the West Coast after the big one hits Los Angeles. The end of 1998-1999 is the critical time for this occurrence.
- The economy is seriously affected by the fears of Y2K. The Y2K problem is not as bad as many fear, but it does cause a run on the banks.
Lakes, author of The Future Pass, predicted a pole shift in July, 1999:
The time is coming sooner and sooner when "The Water Baptism" (a large flood) will be occurred by pole shift, the earth's axis change, in "The Grand Cross," the arrangement of the planets in the solar system, in July 1999. We should prepare for the evacuation to survive "The Water Baptism" (a large flood). In 2015, "The Kingdom of God," a highly advanced scientific space civilization, will be established so that we can contact with other space aliens and future earth persons freely.
At his Astrology for the New Age website, Chase says his method of prophecy combines astrology and other New Age Schools. Here's what he said about 1999:
- Asian economies and Russia will crash in 1998 - 1999
- Russia is headed for economic chaos and maybe civil war, and a return to a Fascist type of dictatorship in Russia in 1999.
- A key question is whether the Y2K the Millennium software bug will cause world economic depression and world chaos when it hits on December 31, 1999. This is the key event that will bring about the rise to power of the Antichrist.
- There is a rare alignment of planets in August 1999 that is the most unusual astrology alignment of the last 2000 years, the planets aligned in a cross shape. This seems to be predicting the world chaos to come when Y2K hits.
At Predictions 99, Peter P claims to use a method he calls "scientific prophecy" which combines two or more past events to determine a probable future occurrence. Here's what he came up with:
- In parts of Canada - especially Alberta and Saskatchewan - there will be near-record to record snowfalls and cold temperatures this winter.
- A slow but steady increase in violence worldwide.
- The world will be ablaze in '99, with the number of fires (forest- and brush-) equaling or surpassing the previous year's.
- A so-called "miracle drug" will be pulled off the market after some people develop life-threatening side effects.
- Startling video footage of another alleged "extraterrestrial" will surface, capturing the public's fascination at the same time a debate on its authenticity rages.
- Russian President Yeltsin will no longer be in his position of power come the end of '99.
- An instance of "End Times" becoming a self-fulfilled prophecy, when a group of people take it upon themselves to precipitate a crisis they hope will escalate into "Armageddon." Instead, only they themselves and/or targeted innocents will see their last day.
Crystal received her gift of prophecy as a result of contact with an entity from another realm, she says, and posts a lot of New Agey stuff at her Crystalinks site - including these predictions for 1999:
- Earth changes will escalate (prepare for this) - California suffers.
- Countries that crumble: Russia and other European countries; Japan does not recover.
- Iraq will go to war with someone - not the US; Saddam is gone.
- The US does get hit with a serious act of terrorism in the summer. I see an airport.
- Many more underground secrets revealed, not just the ones archaeologists have been searching for in the same place for years definitely linked to the fall of Atlantis.
Channeler Marciniak offered the following:
- The year 1999 will be noted by a tremendous number of monetary fluctuations.
- Many inventions, brilliant solutions, and ideas burst forward in the spring of the year, all released from past memory.
- On a political level, you will find more scripted glamours occupying every mediated moment. The events on television, in trials, and litigations are but a small sliver of the actual misdeeds.
- Many people will step forward in 1999 with claims of truths revealing practices of dark sexual misdeeds that will shock and frighten the public.
- Human consciousness will undergo a major awakening, and the bigger picture of reality will explode, resulting in a wave of tremendous action.
Criswell, the white-haired psychic immortalized in the films Plan Nine from Outer Space and Ed Wood predicted the end of the world in 1999:
"If you and I meet each other on the street that fateful day, August 18, 1999, and we chat about what we will do on the morrow, we will open our mouths to speak and no words will come out, for we have no future... you and I will suddenly run out of time!"
Rapture Predictions for 1999
Several self-proclaimed psychics and prophets saw 1999 as the year the rapture would take place - when God snatches the righteous into heaven to avoid the tribulation.
- Ola Ilori thought it would be March 18, 1999 and would be accompanied by a catastrophic Earth shift.
- H.J. Hoeksta, at the Biblical Chronology & Prophecy site, said the rapture would take place on April 3, 1999.
Catastrophes, pole shifts, the rapture, the Antichrist, the beginning of Y2K, and maybe even Armageddon. It hardly seemed like it would be worth getting up and going to work after the 1999 new year. But we did. Life went on, more or less as usual. That was my prediction.
Sources and further reading: