People all over the globe are reporting and recording strange, loud, unexplained sounds that seem to be coming from the sky. Recordings have been made in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ukraine, Poland, Sweden, Germany, Costa Rica, Chile, and more. As of January 28, there have been more than 140 documented events. Some might be hoaxes, but most are believed to be genuine, yet of unknown origin.
- Electronmagnetic phenomena caused by solar storms, also responsible for aurora.
- The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP).
- A waterphone musical instrument.
- Military experimentation.
- UFOs (some of the reports below include UFOs).
- Warnings of the apocalypse (by whom or what?).
Here is a roundup of a few dozen reports in date order:
Sounds like: Deep, tuba-like. Attributed to triangular UFO videotaped.
Sounds like: Weird roaring sound that went on for more than 30 minutes; scared dog.
Sounds like: Deep roaring, scraping, horn-like.
Sounds like: Loud, metallic horn.
Sounds like: Deep thumping, like Godzilla stomping through the mountains.
Sounds like: Undulating, electronic.
Sounds like: Loud jet engine and wind that went on for about an hour.
Sounds like: Loud motor-like grinding; attributed in the video to a UFO.
Sounds like: "You'll hear a jet-fighter and another jet-fighter. But you have to listen to the sound in the background. That's the strange mechanical sound." Deep hum.
Sounds like: Undulating droning; very faint.