ANOTHER YEAR IS ending and a new one beginning. (Seems like it happens every year, doesn't it?) But what will the new year bring? Can you foresee it? What changes, surprises, tragedies and wonders will unfold? Can you sense what's going to happen in 2012, for the U.S. or on the world stage? Whether you're clairvoyant, a sharp observer of the times, or just a good guesser, we want to know what you predict is going to happen in 2012.
Every year around this time we invite readers to submit their best predictions for the coming year. There are six categories:
- Best World or National (U.S.) Event
- Worst World or National (U.S.) Event
- Greatest Scientific Discovery or Invention
- Most Surprising Paranormal Event
- Awards Predictions (Oscars/Grammies/Nobel Prize)
- Transitions (births, deaths, elections, etc.)
You may submit predictions for any or all of these categories, but please keep it to just one or two predictions for each category. And keep in mind that these are predictions for 2012 only, not for events beyond that.
All predictions must be posted or e-mailed by January 6, 2012. That gives you time in which to gaze into your crystal ball, read your tea leaves, consult your magic mirror on the wall, or whatever you do. I will publish the most interesting predictions in an article sometime later in January. Because I receive so many predictions, there is no guarantee that I'll use yours; I certainly cannot publish all of them. So make them your very best and most significant predictions.
We need to do better for 2012 than we did for 2011. Unfortunately, there weren't many correct or accurate predictions last year. You can read all the highlights in the "Your Predictions for 2011" article. Here are a few that might be considered hits:
- No terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. (There was a 50-50 chance of getting that one right.)
- Blockbuster will announce mid-year that most of their stores will close with just a handful remaining open.
That's about all I could find. And of course there were some spectacular misses:
- Clean energy becomes more available when a millionaire puts his money where his mouth is and starts a business making affordable solar panels.
- World economic problem solved by July, 2011. World to leave the American dollar standard by June, 2011.
- Sometime in 2011 there's going to be a huge impact on a body in our solar system. I think it's going too close, like the Moon or Mars.
- U.S. will face record number of hurricanes.
- In August, baldness will be cured by stem cell approval.
- Obama will release government files on UFOs after files are leaked pertaining to the crash of a UFO.
We can do better! I know we have many psychic readers out there. Focus, concentrate, peer into the future and tell us what's in store for us in 2012. We like to be prepared.