The Bottom Line
- Good, credible stories.
- Well told by the people who experienced them.
- Usually accompanied by interesting video or photos.
- Minimum of hype, dumb camera effects.
- Video and photos not assessed critically by researchers.
- On The Bio Channel.
- 1 hour.
- Currently on Saturday nights at 10 p.m. (check local listings).
- True experiences with video and / or photos.
Guide Review - My Ghost Story
What I like about the show is that the stories are presented by the experiencers themselves in a straightforward manner. The stories are usually well-told and are compelling, for the most part; the people are believable. And some of the video and photos they have can be quite interesting. Yes, there are some that have the ubiquitous "orbs" and other anomalies that can be explained away by knowlegeable researchers, but others capture what appears to be genuine poltergeist or psychokinetic activity. (I say "appears" because we cannot know definitively since this kind of thing can easily be faked.) But, as I said, the people come across as rather convincing.
Thankfully, the producers let the people, stories and video speak for themselves to a large extent. There's a minimum of reenactment, "spooky" camera work, effects, etc. There's some of that -- enough to tell the story -- but it's not overwhelming as it is on some other shows.
Finally! Here's a paranormal show I actually look forward to watching every week.