ANOTHER YEAR IS ending and a new one beginning. (Seems like it happens every year, doesn't it?) But what will the new year bring? Can you foresee it? What changes, surprises, tragedies and wonders will unfold? Can you sense what's going to happen in 2013, for the U.S. or on the world stage? Whether you're clairvoyant, a sharp observer of the times, or just a good guesser, we want to know what you predict is going to happen in 2013.
Every year around this time we invite readers to submit their best predictions for the coming year. There are six categories:
- Best World or National (U.S.) Event
- Worst World or National (U.S.) Event
- Greatest Scientific Discovery or Invention
- Most Surprising Paranormal Event
- Awards Predictions (Oscars/Grammies/Nobel Prize)
- Transitions (births, deaths, elections, etc.)
You may submit predictions for any or all of these categories, but please keep it to just one or two predictions for each category. And keep in mind that these are predictions for 2013 only, not for events beyond that.
All predictions must be posted or e-mailed by January 11, 2013. That gives you time in which to gaze into your crystal ball, read your tea leaves, consult your magic mirror on the wall, or whatever you do. I will publish the most interesting predictions in an article sometime later in January. Because I receive so many predictions, there is no guarantee that I'll use yours; I certainly cannot publish all of them. So make them your very best and most significant predictions.
We need to do better for 2013 than we did for 2012. Unfortunately, there weren't many correct or accurate predictions last year. You can read all the highlights in the "Your Predictions for 2012" article. Here are a few that might be considered hits:
- All human crews and spacecraft that will lift off in 2012 to the International Space Station will return safely to Earth. (A pretty safe guess.)
- 2012 will NOT be the end of the world.
- Obama [will win in] 2012.
That's about all I could find. And of course there were some spectacular misses:
- There will be a major terrorist attack on our [U.S.] soil (theatre, mega-store, mall, stadium).
- There will be a major cyber attack among nations causing a system disruption that affects a significant portion of the populous.
- A volcano erupting in Alaska changes the climate in the United States even more.
- Russia, North Korea, the Middle East and Mexico form an alliance and will start a war with the USA.
- Riots in the big Democratic states: California and New York. Washington D.C. will also see social unrest.
- A time machine.
We can do better! I know we have many psychic readers out there. Focus, concentrate, peer into the future and tell us what's in store for us in 2013. We like to be prepared.