ANOTHER YEAR IS ending and a new one beginning. (Seems like it happens every year, doesn't it?) But what will the new year bring? Can you foresee it? What changes, surprises, tragedies and wonders will unfold? Can you sense what's going to happen in 2014, for the U.S. or on the world stage? Whether you're clairvoyant, a sharp observer of the times, or just a good guesser, we want to know what you predict is going to happen in 2014.
Every year around this time we invite readers to submit their best predictions for the coming year. There are six categories:
- Best World or National (U.S.) Event
- Worst World or National (U.S.) Event
- Greatest Scientific Discovery or Invention
- Most Surprising Paranormal Event
- Awards Predictions (Oscars/Grammies/Nobel Prize)
- Transitions (births, deaths, elections, etc.)
You may submit predictions for any or all of these categories, but please keep it to just one or two predictions for each category. And keep in mind that these are predictions for 2014 only, not for events beyond that.
All predictions must be posted or e-mailed by January 11, 2014. That gives you time in which to gaze into your crystal ball, read your tea leaves, consult your magic mirror on the wall, or whatever you do. I will publish the most interesting predictions in an article sometime later in January. Because I receive so many predictions, there is no guarantee that I'll use yours; I certainly cannot publish all of them. So make them your very best and most significant predictions.
We need to do better for 2014 than we did for 2013. Unfortunately, there weren't many correct or accurate predictions last year. You can read all the highlights in the "Your Predictions for 2013" article. Here are a few that might be considered hits:
- Prices rise, central banks continue easy money policy, USA economy continues gradual improvement
- Just when you think partisanship in Washington can't get more polarized, it will.
- Mt. Etna will erupt.
- New movie about Christ is made.
That's about all I could find. And of course there were some spectacular misses:
- A new "think positive" trend will sweep the world globally, and people will compete to see who can perform the kindest deed to random strangers.
- The energies love President Obama and call him a true and enlightened humanitarian who focuses on what he can do for health, education, equality and the benefit of his people, but he will have heart problems.
- The U.S. will fall into a deep recession and by year's end will become another Great Depression.
- Israel will attack Iran and fail, and will suffer many casualties as Iran strikes back.
- Discovery around the pyramids in Egypt that fascinates archaeologists and relates to King Tutankhamun.
- Sasquatch will be proved to be a rare ape and put on the endangered species list.
We can do better! I know we have many psychic readers out there. Focus, concentrate, peer into the future and tell us what's in store for us in 2014. We like to be prepared.