The results -- and winner -- of the second remote viewing experiment
THE RESULTS ARE in for our second remote viewing experiment - and... I'm afraid we didn't do very well. There was only one reader who that came kind of close to describing the location and scene.
The results are below, including the winner.
Several people "saw" the Eiffel Tower. In fact, so many readers offered that view that I had to actually look around my office to see if there is a picture of the Eiffel Tower displayed somewhere that I wasn't aware of. There isn't. I think that object was suggested because it represents a "typical" travel postcard. Even more people saw a beach scene, I think for the same reason. There is nothing like that in my office.
The postcard, pictured above, is a vintage postcard of the Canal Lock at Little Falls, New York, where I live. It depicts the canal/river, a boat, the lock structure, cliffs with trees, foliage, a little house, blue sky and clouds. My wife bought it for me as a gift. It is not a photograph, but rather a print of a painting or watercolor. I keep it on my desk always.
THE RESULTS - MISSES
These views had virtually nothing right:
- "A scene of the pyramids in Giza, but no Sphinx visible." Or "a rowboat, in blue and yellow, pulled up quite high on a beach."
- "A lighthouse with red stripes going around the top part of the lighthouse, with large rocks around it, waves hitting the rocks."
- "A lighthouse. Blue sky, rocky coast. The lighthouse is white."
- "A black and white photo of a telephone pole."
- "An image of the Eiffel Tower." "A tall dark structure... possibly the Eiffel Tower, and a boat of some sort." "I cannot get the vision of the Eiffel Tower out of my mind." "I'm picking up the Eiffel Tower or something pointy LIKE that tower." "Eiffel Tower, Paris, France."
- "Mountains and a lake and a train riding on a ridge on the side of the mountain."
- "Sandy beach, blue ocean, palm trees, maybe a sunset, but I think it's just blue skies."
- "A beach scene, with the back view of an umbrella, parasol, facing the ocean. Kind of an old-timey, drawing. There are colors, but they are more muted than bright."
- "A dog then a tree (palm?) and then a beach."
- "A beach with a lounge chair under an umbrella made of palm leaves. There is a man with glasses sitting under the umbrella. The water is almost turquoise."
- "Beach umbrella, water, chair, box, or square, some words. Colors: orange red blue purple?"
- "A beach with blue water and white sand and palm trees."
- "Palm tree ocean beach white sand. Something looking like Hawaii."
- "A beautiful beach with creamy-white sand at the bottom. Of course, a beautiful blue, cloudless sky above. And there are two palm trees on the left, the tree on the left is taller than the tree on the right. The tree on the right is the size of the smaller tree on the other side. The trees reveal a very slight breeze."
- "Yellows, golds, light browns, tans, beiges - background and foreground. Deep summer (or autumn). Warm. Sunny, but the sun shimmers through the leaves of a tree or is muted/blurry, next to a woman who is middle-aged or young, not old."
- "A house or pretty building, green, maybe brown."
- "A lady in an old-fashioned bathing suit looking over her shoulder at the camera. I also sense palm trees."
- "Evergreens, snow, Colorado."
- "A large stone stairway, almost like a pyramid with a bright blue sky background."
- "Brownish-gray rocks, large ones. At first I thought Stonehenge, but I felt more comfortable going with rocks that are smaller than Stonehenge for some reason. I first thought of the rocks sitting in thick green grass (hence the Stonehenge reference), but I feel more solid about autumn trees, maybe in a park of some sort."
- "Seattle, Washington."
- "A building, more industrial, with a tall chimney. Then I think the [Washington] Monument along from the White House, a view of both, perhaps?"
- "A cat, with its face to the left, looking at the camera. I believe the cat may be a tiger or looks very similar to a tiger."
- "A painting. Big green square - thick brush at the bottom with a smaller red square coming in from the right."
- "A large tower clock. Big Ben?"
- "A gold turret, like a minaret, something almost Turkish or Islamic, but not a mosque, against a blue-gray sky. On the right of the picture - with white buildings around it."
Next page: More results... and the winner