ALL OF THE entries are in, the results evaluated, and a winner chosen for our third annual Remote Viewing Experiment. As in past experiments, most of the entries did not contain any elements of the target picture. Just a few had a couple of elements right, and only one had enough images and a "feeling" close enough to be declared a winner.
All of the results are below, including the winner.
The most common image seen was that of a bridge, which does not appear in the target picture. Also, some people assumed that because I write about the paranormal that the picture would be from a book that had a paranormal theme. This was not the case.
The picture, shown here, is an autochrome taken by Paul Knorr in the early 20th century; it is an example of an early color photography process. It is a country scene depicting three young peasant girls, a few cows, a shallow pool of water, a sandy shoreline, flocks of ducks on green grass in the background, a high wooden fence behind which are some trees, and in the far background what could be more countryside or water beneath a very pale blue sky. The book it was scanned from is The Genius of Color Photography by Pamela Roberts.
THE RESULTS - MISSES
These views had virtually nothing right:
- "Archways to the left... very tell archways, similar to the inside of an old roman church, probably ten or more in a line. A long hallway going down the right of the archway. The colors are light tan or similar to how the old cowboy pictures look. Something really religious in nature."
- "Tower Bridge in London."
- "A windmill or lighthouse in black and white."
- "A boat, perhaps a sailboat, white in color, with beautiful blue sky and clouds in background."
- "A small scraggly dog."
- "A fairly detailed drawing or sketch of a dragon/sea serpent type creature. There are no wings, no legs showing. There may be an arm showing. The creature is more of a sea serpent with a dragon type face."
- "I see the side of a white building or house with the porch showing and there is an unusual shaped window. A design within a circle."
- "A woman standing in the front left (facing picture) side of the picture with a type of wrap around her body. It is a piece of clothing she has on and has her arms wrapped around herself. The landscape behind her is kind of a field in a valley, possibly a Native woman (however I got the feeling she was a spirit) and the time of day is dusk where the colors of the sky are deep purple and orange and the ambiance of the picture is kind of an eerie picture of the woman with this wrap around her and a hood as well and she is walking away from the landscape."
- "A white-walled office, not too organized. Across from where you sit is a picture I see pyramid and forests? Possibly a picture out of a history book or even a New Age book." - Just for the record, my office is pretty well organized and does not have white walls.
- "It's a book that has a UFO on it with green light coming out of the bottom. It is something about a UFO conspiracy, I believe. The UFO is on an angle and it's a pretty vibrant image. Also you should clean your desk up a bit as it is a mess." - Again, my desk isn't that messy!
- "A boat on a jetty with buildings behind."
- "My first impression was of a picture of some kids hiding behind shrubbery watching from afar as the Space Shuttle (or some early or fictional space vehicle, maybe a bottle-nosed fantasy craft) was poised to blast off. Definitely got a sense of something tall and tapered like a rocket. Then I thought, could it be a narrow house with a peaked roof? Or was it The Brown Lady? Could the support structure be a staircase? I am not sure, but I do think it is something tall and narrow, standing vertically with a supporting structure to one side and some object (shrubbery?) between the small figures watching and the central object in the picture."
- "An outdoor background with a lot of light blue (perhaps sky). I'm also thinking of a bright white complex structure in the foreground."
- "An old native rock with thatched roof grinding mill with a water wheel. Looks like maybe old Irish, picture is taken with the full water wheel in view. This side of the building has no windows or doors."
- "The Moon, a wolf howling, colours of silver and blue."
- "A sailing ship, painted by Charles Vickery."
- "The Leaning Tower Of Pisa."
- "A wooden structure, with visible beams, like a covered bridge or an inside of a barn... or it is hanging above a wooden table with square legs."
- "Image is grayscale of an older professional woman."
Next page: More results... and the winner