What is a ghost?
Beyond the popular definition, a ghost or spirit is the same consciousness of a person after death. Spirits were people so treat them as you would a living person you wanted information from. Spirits also are not any more or less intelligent than when they were alive so don't treat them as if they were.
You may become a spirit yourself so look to yourself for questions and answers you seek when doing a paranormal examination.
What would you consider scientific evidence?
Scientific evidence is far in the future as there is no basis in science for the paranormal.
What is needed is the missing link to connect the normal with the paranormal.
Scientific proof would be some repeatable experiment that has the same result which could be done by most anyone for communication with a spirit.
The mere sight of a possible entity will never be proof.
Tips and Tricks
- Back away from the popular beliefs and TV
- Embrace Simplicity & Logic
- Know what your equipment does, not what the ghost hunters tell you it is supposed to do.
- Never try and make a spirit move on. It's a very irresponsible act.
- Do your exams at the time the incidents happened. Don't wait until dark and turn out the lights.
- Always take along the witness to the incident you are examining.
- Always follow up with a client and keep in touch.
- Never get discouraged when nothing happens. Remember Carl Sagan's quote: Absence of Evidence IS NOT Evidence of Absence.
Is this a spiritual experience for you?
No, it is a purely selfish interest on my part. I believe it exists but I want to know for sure if it is true.
Does your team offer to expel paranormal that you find?
NO! This is the most irresponsible action that can be attempted.
Even if it could be done there is no way to check the result. How do people know they didn't send a nice spirit to an eternity of HELL!
What is your favorite piece of equipment and why?
My team "The GhostBreakers" & the person who had the experiences. Gadgets are fun but not all are practical for Paranormal Examination. Otherwise just an old fashion tape recorder.