From the article: Graignes Ghost
Battlegrounds of war and war memorials are often the locations where ghosts of fallen soldiers have been sighted. Is that the case here? Give us your best analysis of this picture. Give Us Your Analysis
spirits or ghost in my home
- im not sure if there is anything in my home but my 2 1/2 year old see's and talks to two objects in the house that are not there and my brother and my fiance have been seeing shadow figures go by them and there is very wierd noises in the house at night. and we all get shocking cold chills when we enter our home i would really like to know what it is and how to get rid of it.
- —Guest tamara
not a ghost but pretty sure a demon
- I do not believe in ghosts, however I do believe that there are demons. I am a new believer in Christ, and feel that Satan is angry that I have changed my life. I use to smoke weed everyday, and I havent for two months now. I have been going to church dilegently, and satan and his forces want me back. The bible says in 1st Peter 5:8 Be sober, be viligent; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring Lion seeking whom he devour. The funny thing is I had no idea about this old hag syndrome, it wasnt til after my dream that I started googling to see if I could find anyone out there with similar dream. Two days prior two my dream I was woken up by a heaviness at my feet, it scared the crap out of me. Also, I put the tv low before going to bed and when I woke up from the nightmare, the tv was super loud. And then I heard footsteps in the hallway, and when I got up to check there was no one there. I didnt sleep well last night but I dont want to feed this entity.
- —Guest angel
- I copied the picture enlarged it and lighten it. I did not see any ghost but a tombstone and various speckles from the background, grass, etc. When viewed in a smaller size it does resemble someone but closer inspection reveals a collection of various background elements.
Is this a real ghost?
- In the close up it looks like a person holding a camera. I don't think it looks like someone in military uniform at all, let alone WWI or WWII era. Also why does it have to be an American soldier? Whilst their efforts were undoubtedly valiant and beautiful, they weren't the only ones involved in the war or the D-Day landings. That said, I reiterate: it doesn't look like a ghost to me; more like a bystander caught unknowingly.
- T%his is my story and it has been cut off before I even told it. You may as well delete it if I can't tell it in it's entirety. Sheri Lowe
- I've viewed all the gallery photos on display and although many are very interesting, I'm skeptical mainly because the of the special effects modern digital photographic equipment is able to generate by a mildly skilled operator. However, I chose to focus on three of these photos. 1) "Divine Presence" - The white glowing light could've been generated by a special light affixed to an object behind. I wouldn't have had the presence of mind or courage to take a photo, instead would've been dumbfounded if it was a 'light being'. If anyone was privileged to see one, they would confirm my view. 2) "Wedding Ghost" - The photo is not wide and high enough to determine what could've generated the mist/smoke/fog, only the person in the photo would be able to 'honestly' confirm authenticity. 3) "Light Being in the woods" - This light could've been generated by something other than a 'light being' - only the photographer can verify the true nature of the source of light.
- —Guest pat
Is this a real ghost or not?
- It could very well be a real spirit. The best way to of know is to of taken another picture after that.
- —Guest Paige
- It seems to be just a dark, shadowy thing and does not resemble a figure. The only creepy thing about this photo is that I can see your reflection taking the said photo.
- —Guest pax
WW 2 GI?
- I agree it could possibly be a spirit, bit I don't agree with the photographers idea about a tunic and kepi. Looks like an American in WW2 era gear, to me.
- —Guest Gameryo
- I mean when you look at it, it's hard to tell what's actually behind the guy who took the photo in the first place. Yeah it's a reflection but of what? Or who? Just not enough evidence to show that there's a ghost, but there is a person there.
- —Guest Dale
It's a tree or shrub
- Scanning the background for similar objects reveals numerous other trees/shrubs in a row on both sides of the path. Lighter coloured parts appear to be some sort of blossom (you can see them on the other shrubs behind too. It's just a case of pareidolia and not an apparition.
- —Guest Davey Jones