From the article: Basement Apparition
Do you think an apparition was captured in this photo? Is it more likely since the people who lived there experienced so much paranormal activity? What's Your Opinion
Ghost in basement
- I think it is a real spirit caught on film, as you can see through it,.
- —Guest angie
- its a double exposure, looks like woman sitting on mobile phone, nothing paranormal... 1/10
- —Guest brian m
- thats a hard one to call i would say 85% paranormal 15% camara problem
- That doesn't make sense if the head is obscurring part of the beam. The stairs are further back than where the beam ends in front of the stairway. Unless the "ghost" is floating in front of the stairs, imagining it's climbing them at the right spot, it doesn't make sense.
- —Guest Toms
- My sisters Ivy, Lulu, Kennedy, and I are witches (not like mean or cranky, think Alex Russo or Sabrina Spellman) with a problem that I know anybody with magical abilities can relate to, especially if, like us, they are having their power spurt or have already been through it: out of control powers. The thing is, we come from powerful families, and whenever we get mad at our adoptive parents (they are total bitches, btw) our magic responds to our emotions, and natural disasters happen. So does anybody have advice for keeping our powers under control? Also, there's always the issue of keeping our magic a secret... We really need advice!!
- —Guest Beckr12
- lucky i always been freaked out by them mabey cuze i have't met one awesome ghosts are COOL!!!!!!!seeya
- —Guest laura juarez
- i have seen actuall ghost pics before but in a basment it could be dust that formed that looks like an apperition but it is absolutly possible that it is an apperition there are spirits all around us
- —Guest cas
- It could be a ghostly apparition. I looked at the photo without reading any of the comments, so my perceptions would not be influenced. I see a kid standing next to the taller figure, who has its arm around the kid. This would make it two apparitions. You definitely have some weirdness going on, e.g. the kids' blankets being ripped away. It could all be coincidental. I do prefer to first eliminate all other explanations. That way we do not give ourselves over mindless to superstition. However, I am more inclined to accept these events as paranormal phenomena, owing to my interest in such things.
Need more data...
- Specifically, EXIF data to determine if a long exposure is involved. We go over this analysis at PRAOFB.org.
- —Guest Nate
- In response to the most recent comment. Obviously you hadn't noticed the "arm" or portion of the apparition leaning over the railing? Also, the balnkets were yanked off the kids beds at 4:30 in the afternoon while the kids were downstairs in the kitchen with their parents. They heard a commotion upstairs and when they went upstairs the blankets, pillows and one of the mattresses were knocked on the floor. I tried "debunking" that, but couldn't. i also saw a shadow figure that blocked out the windows to a front door 6 feet high, leading me to believe the apparition is on the stairs and very tall. Any more questions?
- —Guest tmchenry
Lenses, Lenses, Lenses
- Check the lenses of any camera you ever use to look for ghosts. In the picture the 'head' of the 'ghost' is in front of the beam, but the height would mean it was on the stairs. This takes me to think it is a smudge on the lens, not a ghost. The other phenomena: covers coming off beds is probably children either sleepwalking or accidentally throwing them off. The others are of slightly more concern and need someone NOT interested or aware of ghosts on the premises to 'look after' the house whilst the residents are 'away'. If they persist whilst they are in residence get a priest in to bless the house.
- —Guest guestman
- Iffy. How it appears against the railing bothers me a bit. Looks like two boards on one side, yet "ghost" looks like it is inbetween the 2 boards? Awfully tall too. What it is, a 7 foot ghost?
- —Guest deltadelta4
- Seeing no picture, I conclude that it is most certainly a ghost...finally; proof that they exist!!!
- —Guest jim
- i agree a kid is standing there does appear to be a female
- —Guest paranormallover
appirition in basement
- Once again i looked at appirition and about the 4th-5th step is where i can see what looks like a little girl with blonde hair there is definatly something there im convinced its that of a girl now.
1-15 of 18Next