I Thought It Was Just Me
- I've noticed this for years, and it's increasing. Street lights burn out just as I walk of drive under them, usually permanently. Occasionally one that is out will turn on as I pass under it, and then turn off. This happens when I am deep in powerful thought--I can't do it consciously. My daughter and I consider it a running joke, as I would blow out several each morning while driving her to school. Also a running joke of a less happy kind is that whenever I am under intense deadline pressure, computers, printers, and photocopiers routinely malfunction. Cell phones cut out at the emotional peak of a call. I have a deep spiritual life and have explored many spiritual disciplines, including kundalini yoga and pranayama. I have also participated in some remarkable psychic healings. This is the positive side, and I realize there is a potential here for doing some good with a phenomenon that is otherwise a nuisance and a public expense.
- —Guest John Christian
holy cow, there is a name for this?
- I have sporadically turned street lights off/on since I was a child. Now it seems to happen very frequently, almost daily. I also have burned out light bulbs during fits of anger and turned my stereo volume all the way up during an argument. My mother and myself can't wear watches because even the perpetual motion ones quit working. Im so gratefull to know I am not alone in this, because it still kind of freaks me out.
- —Guest val
- I noticed street lights going out occasionally. Then when I moved to a new state it changed to constantly. At the stop light I wait at everytime I have to turn into my street it will always go off, every time i'm there (even if im coming from another direction or anything). Just now when I stopped by it I noticed it was off already...and the second I looked at it, of course it turns on...
- —Guest Ashley
ME TOO! Finally, I'm not alone!
- This has been happening my whole life, I'm 50, but as my psychic abilities increased, ALLOT, and it continues, I knew the lights meant something. MINE comes from deep thoughts, or being in an emotional state. Like throwing around energy...which is what we're doing. Great, something new to learn and harness, but how exciting to learn more!
- —Guest Teresa
Thanks for this
- When I cross bridges the streetlight I'm under goes out, then comes back on after I pass. I actually thought it was someway the police were monitoring my speed.. This mostly happens if I'm on a motorcycle or in a convertible with the top down.
- —Guest Jess
It isn't a coincidence.
- This has been happening to me for about ten years. I am either walking or driving down the street when the streetlamps are on and the one I was directly underneath would go out, and it would continue in a sequence one after the other. It was anywhere from one to five lamps in a row, even a traffic light and other lamps. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough that I know this is not just so happening, it is too much for coincidence. At first I thought it was some kind of practical joke, but I soon realized it wasn't anything creepy or prankish. It was as much of a surprise to me as it would be to an onlooker, the thought never entered my mind to try to cause such a thing to happen, and I have never attempted to achieve this effect. I simply observe it. I will admit that it usually occurs when I am in a heightened emotional state. Yet the state I was in was usually extremely happy or positive in some way, and at other times I was even tired or depressed. Go figure!
Other People like me?
- This has been happening for years but never took much notice but lately i have been looking and counting its about 3 per day at first i thought it was just me but then my friends started pointing it out as well.Happens when driving walking biking just all the time its getting strange!!!
- —Guest Adrian
Slider here. Uploaded videos
- There is a hockey arena near me where tons of the lights go on and off whenever I walk by.... So I videotaped it. Email me firstname.lastname@example.org if u wanna see :)
- —Guest Aaron
- it happens to me on a regular basis and i have witnesses
- —Guest Tim
More than likely coincidence.. but...
- I've noticed this for about two years now, atleast 2 lights go out as i drive/walk past them at night, I blame this on the garbage towns I drive through while coming home from school, but then there was last night... for the first time one went out and i wanted an explanation, and as i was thinking about it three of them went out in about a mile and a half. Then as I was approaching the stoplight i said out loud and thought.. is this some sort of sign? and two more went out within a half mile. And then as i stopped at the light, i said "If any more of these go out is someone really trying to reach me?" and i closed my eyes to breath, and when I opened my eyes, all four of the streetlights at the intersection were out. Most of me believes that this is a coincidence, but my grandmother passed away two years ago, and i was thinking and saying during this experience that it may be my grandparents. About 5% of me believes that,, but the other 95 is telling me that its just coincidence
- —Guest Jeff
- This has happened for so long and so frequently with me, I just assumed there was some sort of faulty motion sensor device on the streetlights. It's amazing to think it might be more than this. I am not the type to believe in psychic powers and such, but now it leaves me wondering.
- —Guest Joe
my lights go on and off
- I have been experiencing this for at least 10 years, when I'm happy they turn on, when I'm sad or angry they turn off. I believe it is conected to our emotions, as well as the radio, if I'm close by its clear, if I move farther away it goes fuzzy, also my fm digital radio always changes by .01 way up or down. I would really like to know why this happens.
- —Guest amanda
sTREET LAMPS GOING OUT
- This has been happening for years. My friends have been freaked out by it. I am more upset since, during the day as I approached, an entire street light flew up in the air as if something struck it. I assumed I would soon see an accident, as I got closer there was no one or nothing near the light which was lying on the ground. I am getting very upset by these occurances.
- —Guest mIKKI jOHNSON
No need to prove - but easily done
- I've been doing this for years too - although I never put together the light bulb issues I've had throughout life with the turning off - or sometimes on - of street lamps. I think it's weird that there's so much relief in just knowing that this happens to others too, but I think it'd be very interesting to get all of us together and see if there is anything about our bodies, experiences or chemistry that comes together. As for the person who asked for proof, I doubt anyone here feels a need to proove ourselves to you - we know its true. We're more interested in simply knowing we're not along and in finding out WHY its true. Perhaps some noted that they could control this force - whatever it is - but more seem like me in that this is simply something that is part of their life. They don't think about it - it just happens. We're not pretending we have superpowers - just finding out that there are others for the first time. Any forums out there for people like us to talk back 4th?
- —Guest Jimbo
- My husband is 60 years old and this has been happening to him for as long as he can remember, he mentioned it many years ago, it then freaked me out at the regularity of it, street lights very regular, mobile phone irregularities, all very strange but good to know it has a name and he's not the only one.
- —Guest Not alone