Shocked to find others after I googled!
- I have had the same experience for the past several years with the street lamps. It happens every night, and like others, thought it was a joke. The constant occurence, along with my bf witnessing it many times had a pattern with my feeling agitated, stressed or my mind in deep thought. I feel sometimes that I can 'will' things to happen and it scares me. I am a little relieved understanding there are other people experiencing this same effect. Thanks for sharing.
- —Guest NanetteFab
- Street lights come on OR go out ALL THE TIME when I approach them.I am happy to hear research being done on this
- —Guest Teresa
Yep , All the time.
- This happens to me on a regular basis, it freaked me out at first but now it's just part of every day life, I would love to know what is going on, but I am relieved to know there are others out there. We should orm a club or something haha.
- —Guest MissMusic
- I have had this happening to me for years, never could understand why...Lights willgo out in the city, suburbs or the country when I pass them by...very interesting and relieved? to know that this happens to others, and I am not loosing my mind....
- —Guest Portsmouth,VA Resident
Glad im not the only one
- I started to think it was a curse or something. Currently, it happens to me with 95% of time with 2 streetlights near where I live and countless others everywhere I go. It has gotten to the point where it doesn't even freak me out - I would, however, like to know what the cause is. I did suffer from seizures about a year before I started to notice this phenom Happy streetlight outages everyone!
- —Guest BTK
- another thing with me is public washrooms,like in malls.the automatic sinks,sometimes i have to walk up to the forth or fifth one befor it will turn on.the same with the hand dryers,its funny tho,people watching me walk up to sink after sink trying to get it to come on.the other one is public washrooms that have automatic lights that come on when you enter the washroom,they just never come on for me so i dont bother using them.very crazy stuff.
- —Guest mike
street light go off
- I work for the eletric company and did hazardous construction and listed as bi polar . It didn't start untill I'm extremly stressed out. I don't talk a lot in public and I listen closly to people or notice thimgs about them this triggers radio volume to.go.up.street lihght turn red if they're wearing red if.I'm.relaxed at a place of bussines like a nail salon or on lunch the. Lights will stay red in both directions I. Force myself to think to cut the .street lights back on
- —Guest jay
street lights,appliances,cell phone
- My experience has been similar to the others, althougth I can turn street lights on by clapping my hands.
- —Guest Michelle
Happy to know it's not just me!
- This has been happening to me for about 5 years. At first I thought it was coincidence, but it happens so often that it is becoming a running joke in my family. Some nights it doesn't happen at all and then other nights it happens several times, usually if I'm deep in thought.
- —Guest Kelly
- i have went through 2 new batteries in my watch in 2 days.i would put the watch away check it the next day an it would be working again.after putting it back on it would stop after 5 min. again.dimmer switches,i turn lights up high only to have it dim again..machines where i worked would run fine till i came near them,then they would run defective parts or stop running altogether.i was a quality person,so parts would have to be checked.people teased me about jinxing their machines if i came near.most of this happens when i am stressed.i have TV s turn on by themselves.if i think of someone ill look at the phone and min.s later that person will call me.what in the world is going on.
Opposite of a SLIder
- I find that when I walk under burnt out street lights they actually go back on, and have a brighter, whiter light (instead of the usual yellowish light).
- —Guest K
more than just lights
- I have never really noticed street lights;but a lot of electrical problems with appliances. I blew out my microwave;my dishwasher acts up; my dryer gets wonky. I have also had a lot of issues with lightbuls blowing out when I touch the switch. Lights seem to dim when I am around. Just forget about long term use on computer ; just quits working. Strangest thing is how I get shocked and shock others constantly;;u can actually see about 1/4 to 1/2 in blue silver arc coming out of my fingertips when this happens. Don't known if there is any correlation but I have always had a way of knowing things before they happen and I can see things that most people cant.I have been like this from as far back as 4 years old. That's MY first memory;my parents said I would talk to someone they could not see when I was a baby in my crib.
- —Guest lisa
- i am 17 and it also happens to me,not much frequently..... Can some one tell what it is exactly... Is it just coincidence???
- —Guest shagun
- yes the more stressed or bad of a mood im in has something to do with it.i walked into a store a few weeks ago,and i was having a really bad day i took both there tills out for just over 20 minuts.i just sat out side till they came back on,had to by my stuff a week after that i was having another bad day,walked into a gas station and took their gas till out,no 1 could pay 4 their gas but their tills kept working i just bought my stuff walked out a shook my head very crazy stuff i can look out my livingroom window right now and make a normal porch type lite thats on a church go off happens everytime i get up and look at it its about 1oo yards away.
- —Guest mike
- with me it stared with street lights but for years now its gotten kinda crazy coffee makers il never by another one vcrs dvd players normal porch lights on houses,the newest one is tills in stores its like i just take everything from them,seems to have a lot to do with the mood im in,but ya kinda creepy
- —Guest mike