1. News & Issues

Stephen Wagner

Ghost Cat Visitation

By April 10, 2004

"I had a ghost-cat visitation that was corroborated by my husband," writes raynefairy in the Paranormal Forum. "We each had the experience of feeling a cat jump up on the end of the bed and lay down. When we checked to see which cat it was... there was no cat there. We had other cats, but they weren't there and neither of us felt a cat jump off the bed when we went to pet the cat we thought was there. We think we know who it was - an adult cat we placed with a family. When I called after the experience, the family said that she had run off. I think she must have gotten killed and came back to say good-bye."
More: Ghosts and Animals

Comments

September 3, 2008 at 11:14 am
(1) stephen says:

i have the same thing happen to me nearly every night, both my girlfriend and i have felt it, ive tried to record by filming alnight long but nothing showed up, defo a cat jumps on bed, walks a little plonks itself down and purrs, ive looked seen nothing, i feel heat and a tingly feeling on my legs, the bed feels a weight on it like the quilt has tightened with the weight of the cat, scared me at first but now i wait for it after i get into bed, comforting in a way, had a cat once Coco but that was long ago and to a different address, so who knows, i know what i feel whilst wide awake so maybe someone here can expand on whats going on, Stephen

September 13, 2008 at 4:02 am
(2) Tom says:

My fiance and I live in an apartment. We have never had any unusual experiences in it until we brought home our new cat. We have started seeing the form of a cat behind curtains and out of the corner of the eye, when our own cat is in another room. I’ve had the sensation of a cat jumping onto my bed and padding around, even laying up against me. When I reach down to pet the cat, nothing is there. Our cat is fast asleep in another room. Why is this happening?

September 15, 2008 at 1:43 pm
(3) Mike says:

I’m glad to see others have had this happen to them. At first I thought I was hallucinating, but I know it was real…
Yesterday I was taking a nap in the afternoon, and as I was waking I felt the sensation of a cat walking on the bed (we have no four-legged pets whatsoever), along my left side, whiskers touching my bare leg, then proceeding to walk up between my legs, up onto my stomach, then circle around to go to sleep on my chest.
I have never been especially fond of cats, but cannot understand how and why this was happening. I hope this strange phenomenon happens again, but this occurance was so random, who knows?

October 6, 2008 at 3:40 am
(4) Mel says:

l have been sitting at my computer now for just over an hour, searching for anyone who has had this experience. So here you all are! l’m not crazy!.

l lay down for a nap on this cold and rainy day and had been asleep for about an hour when l heard my partener in my ensuite (next door)looking for something. The bedroom door was shut. Next l knew…l felt a cat gingerly creep paw by paw up the bed from my feet and pause at my knee’s. l smiled to myself and snuggled down under the thick blankets awaiting my cat to continue up to his preferred spot – usually somewhere just perfect for his fur to be sucked into my nostrils! But something didn’t seem right. l then thought that my partener was playing a prank and was pretending to be my cat, but no, the door hadn’t opened and so it couldn’t be! Ah well, it was the cat then and so i waited for a bit knowing he would evenutally make his way to my face. A few seconds later, the gentle padding on the blanket continued then from my knee area up to my thigh, but it felt ever so weird and l couldnt help but take a look. There was no cat. He had been let out of the house over two hours earlier and is at this moment still missing. l am wondering now, if he will ever come back.

February 4, 2010 at 10:38 pm
(5) Dave says:

Glad I found this forum. This happens most every night to me. I’d like to think it’s the ghost of my beloved cat who died last year, but this happened before that. It’s like everyone had described, with jumping onto the bed and the patter of cat feet. Last night there was also the unmistakable feel of a small animal lying against my back. In my case, it all seems to be focused on my pillow area. On some nights (like last night), I also get a very audible single tap on the end of the mattress. This is annoying for an insomniac like me. The tapping goes away after a while, but I have no clue what that’s all about. Anyway, I now welcome this nightly event, hoping that it becomes more tangible. Also noteworthy is the fact that I tend to hear what seems to be an attempt at vocalization sometimes, but nothing like a meow. It’s more like a faint crackly sound, as though there is a problem communicating between realms.

February 25, 2010 at 3:27 pm
(6) Mir says:

I was napping on the couch the other day, the tv was going and the light was on, but I was under a blanket. Usually I don’t cover my head with the blanket because I like to be able to breathe but I guess I was really zonked and it didn’t seem uncomfortable. I was thinking and sleepily daydreaming and just waking up as I felt a cat jump onto the couch at my feet, and then mosey up my body over the covers, as if i were a mountain range, then jump off the couch at the other end. I knew I wasn’t dreaming, and I knew it couldn’t be real since I have never owned a cat and all my doors are closed. I have a rabbit, but she’s not nearly that agile and doesn’t get out of her cage. I lifted the blanket to see if it really were a cat just in case, but as I expected, there was nothing there. I’ve felt real cats walk on me when I’ve visited friends’ places and this was a similar weight. Must have been a fairly young cat but not a kitten. Sometimes my rabbit will get scared for no reason and thump out of fear, so maybe it was that same cat prowling around for a visit.

March 22, 2010 at 12:41 pm
(7) Jody D says:

Happens to me every night, sometimes multiple times. I can be wide awake or half asleep and I will still feel a cat jump onto the bed and pad around a bit. My door is firmly closed and my cat is not in the room. Started happening every night when I moved into my new house, although it has happened randomly in the past, even before I had my current cat. Doesn’t seem to be harmful or malevolent, but I am a light sleeper and it can jolt me awake and make it hard to get back to sleep. I want it to stop.

April 2, 2010 at 11:14 am
(8) Dave B. says:

I am not crazy. Back in the 90′s this would happen to me almost every night. Like Stephen said, I could feel the blankets move as the cat walked near my legs and finally curled up and went to sleep. After several years we got a different bed and moved this bed into the guest room. I have not felt the cat since. Glad I am not the only one to have this experience.

August 23, 2010 at 2:37 am
(9) Jennifer says:

I had the same experience today. i was laying in bed trying to sleep when i felt a cat jump on the bed walk up on my stomach and lay down…then could feel the purring…and bizarro the warmth. I have two cats but recently lost one of my other cats who was the baby of another cat I lost a few years ago. I recently got another cat for my other cat who was very lonely and have been feeling very gulity for getting another one so quickly. I was thinking of my Sara the last few days…so I am thinking maybe she still loves me or is letting me know she is still with me and it is ok for the new cat to be here now…? Either way she stayed for a few minutes with me…she walked around the bed and eventually left but I know I felt a cat on the bed and on me…that was not physically there.

November 9, 2010 at 7:44 pm
(10) peggy says:

Just started to feel a cat, jump on the bed. It has just started 2 weeks ago. Always when its an afternoon nap, never in the evening or night.
Now I hear it purring and today lick noise. I am
comforted by this. Yes I have had cats most of my life/none in the past 7years. It climbs on the bed towards my back, so I have not seen anything.

December 15, 2010 at 8:54 am
(11) Louie says:

Ghost cat jumping on the bed has happened to me
for years (about 10-11). Its stops for a while and
then comes back…its stops for a 6 months or so sometimes, sometimes its comes by nights on end for weeks and weeks. Its followed me on vacations
thousands of kilometers away multiple times. Sometimes its snuggles in behind my knee when I sleep and sort of keeps me warm, not from body heat but from tucking in the covers close to me. Maybe its the same cat, maybe differnt ones I dont know but it is a cat.
Yeah I know weird…it is what it is. :)

January 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm
(12) Anna says:

I suffer from insomnia and often when I am laying in bed trying to sleep I feel a cat jump onto the end of my bed and walk across my body, sometimes pumelling me before it settles down. The other night I felt it walk up to my head and lay down on my head – when I tried to lift my head, I couldn’t for a few minutes…..it was a really strange sensation. It’s been happening for about two years, since our family cat died (he used to love coming and sleeping on your head!) and it doesn’t matter where I am staying, I still feel him from time to time when I can’t sleep. My dad, who is very sceptical about these things, thinks it is a memory locked away and its the memory that is causing the feeling, but I think differently….

April 2, 2011 at 12:45 am
(13) billy says:

We have the ghost cat too. i have 2 cats one tiny and one giant(fat) .i feel the ghost cat jump on my bed walk around usually the length of the bed then it stops. i told my mom about it and now she feels it on her bed more than i do on mine. the weight of the ghost cat feels just about the same as my fat cat, but as others say shes usually asleep when ghost kitty comes along.

April 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm
(14) G.S. says:

Weird-I googled “sensation of cat jumping off bed” and this popped up. Our house is new but the land it’s on is old, and I think it’s entirely possible that we might have a memory or two still hanging around. Though we do have a cat, she lives in our basement and literally has not ever ventured up to the first floor on her own while we are at home for at least three or four years, due to the fact that our dogs live on the first and second floor. You can imagine how surprised I was when I woke up at 3 AM and felt a cat leaping OFF of my bed, a sensation I remember from before we had the dogs, when my cat would often sleep in my bed. I assumed that someone else had brought the cat to the third floor and didn’t walk her back down. I then went back to sleep. No further occurences for a few insomniatic nights… then today. I woke up this morning, started to stretch and get up, and felt the same sensation. I knew for a fact that the cat was not in my room, but checked under the bed just in case. Nothing. Double-checked with the other members of the house; all affirmed our cat was downstairs. Maybe she found a playmate?

April 13, 2011 at 1:34 pm
(15) shawn says:

This happened to me last night. My cat who sleeps with me every night wanted to go out around 4 am (to do her thing) so i let her outside. While she was out, I felt a cat jump at the end of my bed and walk along side my body up to my waist…. i was afraid to look, so laid there quietly, knowing full well my cat was outside. I could feel the blankets move as she pressed down on them and against my leg. She was very light but clearly a cat. I have a door out to my backyard from my bedroom and about that time, my cat knocked on the door to come back inside. The ghost cat turned around (apparently heard the sound) and walked toward the end of the bed toward the sound of the door. I use to have a ghost cat jump on my bed in my childhood home when I was a kid, but now I am 50, and this is the first time this has happened to me 35 years. Nice to know I’m not alone in this.

April 22, 2011 at 3:56 pm
(16) Hume Kading says:

I’ve had the ghost cat experience, and taking it a step further, sometimes it feels like people were standing around the bed pushing up and down on the edges.

I’m not religious, I don’t believe in an afterlife, and I don’t believe in ghosts. We do have cats at home, and had cats who could be ghosts now, but this phenomenon goes where I go. I had/have it happen where ever I am, visiting relatives, or staying in hotels.

Regardless, at first I thought I was dreaming, then I realized I wasn’t.

I tried looking at the places where movement would have to be happening, at first with no luck. But eventually, purely by chance, I would be looking at the spot where movement would be happening, before the sensation started, and could see there was none.

So, I thought I must be hallucinating. Plus, I had a lot of sleep issues.

So, I went to the doctors. Tried various appliances and drugs for my apnea and restless leg syndrome, but eventually just tried going to bed earlier and getting more sleep. And, I had a very stressful job which I’ve left since.

Since I started getting more/better sleep the ghost cat is gone, and the other movements occur very infrequently now.

Not saying this explains everything. Just sharing my experiences, and interested in those of others. Particularly like to know if any people who have ghost cats also have restless leg syndrome. That can manifest itself in very strange ways and wondering if this might be a partial explanation.

And, again, I’m not claiming this would explain everything, even for me.

July 3, 2011 at 4:10 am
(17) Paul says:

I too have had this experience. I’ve had it in the past to the point of getting used to it. Like a previous commenter, it occurred in at least two different houses I’ve lived in. Prior to the three cats I have now, I had two. Both of them passed on; both were very friendly and personable.

I’ve never put much stock into religious explanations of life after death or in the validity of paranormal happenings. However, the physical sensation is exactly that of a cat walking up onto, and around, my bed.

The first few times I got the heebie jeebies. But grew to think of it as a positive thing. Maybe it was one of my old buds and if so, they were very welcome and I was honored they came back to chill with me.

Tonight was the first night I looked it up for a reason. On previous visitations, there was nothing weird in the air, so to speak. Everything felt peaceful and normal. But tonight, it felt off. It was right after a thunderstorm and I felt it on my bed and just didn’t like it for some reason. I rolled over and looked into the dark and it seemed like something was near–but nothing overtly hostile. Something out of place: not a friend, not a foe, but certainly in the room.

For the next hour or so, including up to this very minute, I’ve felt the cliche hair on the back of my neck standing up, as well as the cliche chills down my spine. Now, neither of these feelings have a negative connotation to them beyond my preconceptions about such things (in fiction, they’re rarely positive interactions). But this standing hair/chills down spine has been going on, in waves, for like an hour.

Like I said, I’ve never really bought into any theories on this. But I will say the mysteriousness of life and human existence itself demands an open mind to the possibility of such a happening. It feels more awkward than it does scarey.

All in all I’m not a fan of what’s going on right now.

September 7, 2011 at 1:35 pm
(18) Michelle says:

I looked this phenomenon up now a few times.This “cat ghost visitation ” happensto me nightly, several times. I have had cats and dogs. Recently added another cat to the house and it is happening more. My cats DO NOT sleep in my room. If I go to the spare bedroom the cat ghost follows me. Its wierd and creey and keeps me awake and I don’t like it and I wish it would stop. Sometimes while it is happening the room feels sort of energized in away. like some kind of wierd energy is in the room. Any advice.

February 1, 2012 at 1:53 pm
(19) Donna says:

My husband joined me in our living room last night and announced he’d been in the bathroom and that he’d felt a cat brush under his knees along the backside of his calves as he sat there. I confessed that I’ve had this happen to me at least twice before in the past week. We don’t own a cat! This must be the residual energy of a cat that previously lived here. Anyone else have something like this happen to them?

February 1, 2012 at 5:15 pm
(20) Carolyn says:

This morning I had the cat visitation on my bed. felt l it on the bed tip toe around my other side and lay down next to me. I went to shew it off and saw nothing. My husband was there getting ready for work and commented he had felt this before. I looked around to see if the bedroom door was open but it wss closed. We don’t allow our cats in our room because sometimes they get their nail in us when the need. Not pleasent. The ghost cat felt very much like when our cats do sneak in. It was not scary at all. We lost a cat and another ferral cat got unrr the house and died.
As for a sleep problem I certainly have them but my husband never has a problem. So, not sure the lack of sleep is what causing a cat jumping and walking around the bed

February 1, 2012 at 7:15 pm
(21) David says:

I’ve not had the visitor in a few weeks….it has never been a bother, and I only attempted to see it once….when I did (without my glasses) I caught a dark tail and rear of a cat about 18 inches away from my face…it jumped to the floor (No sound of the landing)

Glad to see I’m not alone, and to see recent posts. Very Cool!

As far as ghosts….I believe….I have also had numerous premonitions in my life, which have come to pass as envisioned. I’ve never been tested or evaluated….I’ve considered the Monroe Institute in Virginia, but $$$$……but it sure looks like it would be interesting.

Once upon a time, a Professor of mine, a Clinical Psychologist, told us what we know about the human brain is about 2% of what remains to be known….it takes a certain level of comfort to come to terms with the fact that we are essentially clueless about our most valuable body structure!

Dave H.

March 29, 2012 at 10:31 am
(22) Gina o says:

Knave tipper, my ghost cat too. She comes before the sunrise and jumps on my bed and I can feel her liitle paws on my legs and feel her sit and lay on my bed. It’s like she comes to greet me. We were very close but she was closer to my daughter grace. Guess, what, this is the most incredible part…..the next day, when I watered the garden, I noticed there was a small patch of four leaf clovers right on top of her grave! I was so stunned and it was remarkable! Idont believe in life after death but this is truly para normal!

There are four leaf clovers growing on her grave!

March 30, 2012 at 8:56 pm
(23) Dave H. says:

The regularity of your visits is very cool….when my visitor comes, it is very irregular and always a surprise.

We have a new cat, an outside cat, who appears to have been abandoned. He is drawn to us big time. Our “Normal” cat barely tolerates him….

I haven’t had a bed visit in a while…but I keep my fingers crossed….and welcome it……it’s awesome to consider something paranormal on such a close personal level….I enjoy it immensely.

Dave H.

April 12, 2012 at 11:11 pm
(24) Rebecca says:

Not only has this happened to me, but it also happened to my boyfriend, who is extremely reality-based. This has happened to me many times. I feel the cat jump up onto the bed and think nothing of it, since I do have a cat who likes to join me in the bed. Then I look and she isn’t there… there’s no cat there at all, not that I can see anyway. After years of this I finally said something in a group of cat lovers I am a member of. And several people spoke up and said they too have had the same experience! In fact, this seems to be a fairly common occurrence. I will just add one thing, which is that after I had my beloved cat euthanized about three years ago (due to illness), one night I was asleep in my bed when I had this dream: I am lying in bed asleep, exactly as I am in real life – same room , same bed, same time and everything. Suddenly there is my cat! He jumped up onto my chest looking at me with a very upbeat and cheerful expression, just like he used to do when he was feeling good. Like he said “Hi! Here I am!” Unfortunately, I reacted by telling him he shouldn’t be there, he was supposed to be dead. He got this confused, disappointed look on his face and vanished, and I never had another visit from him again.

May 31, 2012 at 3:40 pm
(25) Bonnie Warren says:

My cat Benji passed away last Saturday. On Monday morning I felt the weight of a cat walk up the bed and stand on my stomach. It woke me right up. I saw the covers move and then saw and felt footprints walking along the side of me until it stopped at my head. Benji did this almost every morning. I thought I was going crazy and just emotional from loosing Benji, but when I mentioned it to my husband, he felt the it too! I have felt a cat all over the bed since that event and am still missing Benji. I was worried that his spirit would not be able to find its way home since he died at the veterinary clinic, but he is definately home!

June 22, 2012 at 5:11 am
(26) Mickey says:

I am still amazed I am not the only.

The twist I have is this cat jumps down threw my liveing room window since I lived on a bottom floor of a Nanaimo St appartment. It was always happened the same way, hear the drop down from the window, about 4 feet, I would hear the small plop noise then on small bump on my bed then I could feel the four paws push down on my blacket then it sould lay down in a small twist. The first time I called out to it and I could feel a movement then a small jilt as the feeling of sometimes jumping off the bed then a small plop, and a few times I actually did look down and seen nothing but then when I layed back down the jilt and plop sound happens. I really wanted to find out, a few times just as the first jilt on the bed on the lights and open blankets … nothing. I gave up after a few months even closed my windows still a jilt and paws pressings and twist and it lays down.

I gave up and used to greet it welcomely.. I was not even a cat person.

September 21, 2012 at 8:25 am
(27) Ophelia says:

In regards to what Tom said – my fiance and I live in an apartment, too – no activity, nothing strange – until we brought home our new kitten! Sometimes I think I see him jumping up on the tv stand, but he’s sleeping with his dad in the living room. I feel him jump on the bed and walk towards me and say to myself “ok, this has to be him, there’s no way I’m imagining this” and he’s not there.

Very interesting to read all the other experiences. I thought I was bonkers!

January 7, 2013 at 3:33 pm
(28) midnightcaller says:

Came across this page after googling about ghost cats.

I have never been a cat person, mainly because of an allergy. 2 years ago we had a stray cat come crying at our door, starving. We fed him and of course he kept coming back. He ended up moving in and my allergy has subsided. A year ago he turned up for his feed one night an had another cat with him. A skinny black kitten. We brought him in for a feed too and he was scared and screaming to be let out so we sent him on his way. Needless to say, they both came back and do so every day and spend time in the house, we class them as pets now, but we never keep them in the house on a night.

About a fortnight ago I was awaken by the feeling of a cat pawing at my foot, exactly as our cats would before settling. I thought I’d imagined it until my girlfriend said that she thought she’d felt a cat walk up the bed between us that night too!

Thinking back I’ve felt sensations of someone pulling on the covers, and she says many a time she’s felt as if someone was standing beside the bed.

I have since felt pressure on my legs and she’s felt the sensation of a cat brushing against her.

Coinciding with these cat disturbances we have been getting power cuts and the lights flickering. We put this down to local flooding.

January 13, 2013 at 2:07 am
(29) stacy says:

I’m like all you guys, I’m glad I’m not the only person who has felt this. I feel this time to time and always think It’s my ghost of animals past. But, tonight It was around 8-9 p.m. and I was half a sleep and all of a sudden I felt by my feet at the end of the bed press down very gently and felt a couple of foot prints walking up to me but, stopped In the middle of my bed but, I didn’t get scared I just feel to sleep. All my animals were out In the livingroom at this point In time and my door was shut.

January 18, 2013 at 6:19 pm
(30) KT says:

I feel a bit comforted by finding this site. I have never believed in ghosts or any paranormal and I normally sleep great often 8 hours a night. We live in a house that was built new 8 years ago and have never had any odd experiences. Over the past several weeks, we have been visited almost nightly by what appears to be a small 15-20 lb animal – mannerisms appear like a cat. We have never owned cats together (have 3 dogs that sleep in their beds in the living room) and have never had an animal pass while living in the house. My husband / I both feel it and sometimes it jumps on the bed; other times, it’s already present. It walks around us for hours; sometimes all night and I can’t sleep. I have felt my pillow push against the side of my face, it walking around, leaning against us (as well as the warmth), sleeping against my legs, the mattress pushing down, and blanket shifting (with lights on or off) but never see anything. Both my husband and I at different times, were awakened by a loud snort followed by the endless walking around the bed – that’s the only noise we’ve heard. The more we move about, the more it gets up and moves or shifts weight. Sometimes when I am lying in bed wide awake because I can’t sleep with it walking around, my husband will be kicking at it frantically in his sleep when it heads his way. I am not as open as others posting and have to admit – quite freaked out and prefer it to stop. I at least feel better that we are not alone!

January 18, 2013 at 6:43 pm
(31) Annetta says:

I looked for this happening to others as the other might it happened to me. I knee it wasn’t a dream cause I physically felt it. My cat Daisy passed away about 6 months ago (she was 18). I was asleep and then heard one meow and jump on the bed and started to pad around. I knew Daisy was dead, so then thought have I left a door open and s cat has come in (this all happened in a minute). I had pushed my arm out to move the cat away, and then it was gone. I am so pleased I am not the only one this has happened to. Because of the meow, I think it was Daisy, as she always did that to warn me she was coming up on the bed. I hope she comes again now!!

January 20, 2013 at 2:55 am
(32) DebnDallas says:

Some months after I put my kitty girl down, I walked into my bathroom and saw what looked like a large rat sitting up on the bathtub near the soap holder. That ledge is about 1/4 ” wide so couldnt actually hold an animal. It scurried forward. I wasnt scared. I pulled the shower curtain back to see, and nothing was there. I wonder if that was the ghost of my kitty girl. Many times since then, I will be barely asleep and it feels like something jumping on the bed or walking on the bed beside me. Cant help but think it’s her. She was such a strong spirit when she was in this world, perhaps it is her in a different form. It would make sense that she wants to wake me, she always tried that when she was alive in this world. Makes me smile just thinking about it. Who knows what it is…but this happened before in another place I lived when I had NOT put an animal down. It felt like 2 or 3 presences jumping around me on my bed. Again…who knows…but ideas are welcome! deborah_now@yahoo.com

February 3, 2013 at 9:14 pm
(33) Jane says:

My beloved cat died a few years ago. I always feel guilty as I never had time for her once my children came along and she was always under my feet meowing. I fed her one morning, she went out and I never saw her again. Many, many times I’ve cried and wished she could come back one last time.

The night before last as I was trying to sleep, laying on my front, I experienced the feeling of a cat walking up my back, I could feel the pressure with each step until it reached my neck when I could feel the duvet move at the back of my neck. (She used to do this when she was alive). I experienced an extreme sense of cold in my spine which spread through my entire body. I was too terrified to turn around. I tried to sleep but I couldn’t. Within about 5 – 10 the exact same thing happened again, including the cold sensation. I have never felt such a cold chill run through my body, particularly when all nice and snug in my lovely warm bed.

I wonder if it was my cat coming to let me know she forgives me or to haunt me. I was too frightened to go to sleep last night and had to wait until it was light to go to bed. I think if it happens again I will call her name and see what happens

February 4, 2013 at 8:11 pm
(34) Jane says:

It’s me again. I thought I’d give you an update…… well, having stayed up the night before last, having been too afraid to sleep until it was light, I went to bed last at my usual time. I lay on my side unlike two nights ago when the ‘cat’ walked up my back. I thought that if I lay on my side then the cat couldn’t walk up my back. Ten minutes or so after going to bed, when all was dark and quiet I felt something walk on my bed, near the bottom, by my leg. I felt it climb over my leg, then up to my arm. Then it stepped over my arm and stopped. I tried so hard not to be afraid. I tried to speak, but nothing came out. Ten minutes later it happened exactly the same….over my leg, then up to my arm….. This time I managed to say my cats name out loud – well, it came out very quietly. Nothing happened, though I tried to look, but it was too dark and I could barely see. Before I drifted off to sleep, the whole episode repeated itself twice more.

I wish I knew what was happening. I’m afraid to go to sleep and it’s 1.09am and I need to go to work in the morning.

The worse thing is that I have tried to tell a couple of people and they tell em I must have imagined it or dreamed it.

February 6, 2013 at 2:56 pm
(35) Sue says:

i Have had the same experience. The first time it happened to me was after I was married and lived miles away from where I grew up. The house was new but built on the site where an old barn had stood. I was laying on the sofa and I had an erie feeling like someone or something was in the room with me.Then it felt just like a cat jumped on the end of
the sofa and walked up and laid down against the small of my back. I tried to turn over to look but I couldn”t move.I’m not sure if I was to scared or just could not move. This happened several times while we lived there, but only to me . The last time it happened was when I was pregnant with my second child. I was staying at my mothers and had just laid down on the bed .I was laying on my side. I sensed something or someone in the room but there was no one home but me. Then I felt the end of the bed sink down just like a cat jumped on it. I could fell ith walk all the way up my back and lay down aginst the back of my neck. I just laid still and repeated the 23rd Psalm. I fell a sleep . That has been 33 yrs ago .I hope I never fell that again.

February 7, 2013 at 9:56 pm
(36) Marta says:

I started having the invisable cat experience December of 2011. It has been with me since. It followed me to my cousins, about 50 miles away and now sometimes visits her. I got over the fear and started to relax, even if it touched me, but now it is obsessed with my head. It isn’t like it is touching my hair, it is my scalp. Sometimes feels like bugs crawling all over my head. It also will rub my eyebrows the wrong way. It is disturbing my sleep and have tried to wear something over my head but it can still touch my scalp. Mine also has gotten bolder over time and stronger? I actually cought some really strange pictures with my IPad. Had tried vidio camera and regular digital camera without success. I have more than one. Sometimes there is a big one and a little one. I don’t mind if they just lay against my leg or feet and purr, sometimes rubbing their head on me. But this infatuation with my head is driving me nuts. Has anyone else had this experience?

February 9, 2013 at 9:45 am
(37) ajo says:

I am 39 years old and have periods in my life when I can feel depressions in the bed around me as I sleep. In the past, this would be accompanied by a feeling of something hovering over me while I would be paralyzed but awake. More recently, I can feel what seems to be a cat walking around my head as I sleep, with no feeling of being paralyzed. The only thing my episodes have in common are that they ALWAYS occur during times of undue immense stress going on in my life.

I am inclined to explain everything using a mental health perspective (night terrors brought on by stress) but there is always something in the back of my mind wondering if it is paranormal. It’s a mystery to me!

March 27, 2013 at 10:21 am
(38) jon says:

I’ve had this happen recently and thought at first it was a ‘deceased’ cat that has been gone for over 15 years. I do currently have a cat and until reading many of the submissions here and on other sites regarding this phenomena I’ve come to the conclusion that it may be cats who are able to astralproject or OBE and it seems to be pretty common.

One thing many of these experiences have in common is that their cat is often sleeping and or behind closed door/doors and that some actually see their cat when it is in another room and most of the time the cat is sleeping when these visitaions occur. This is not to say that some are not ‘disembodied’ spirits of their beloved pet but I have a very strong feeling most of these visitations are not.

Some people have said they have ‘no cat’ but did not say if anyone in their family/friends has a cat or if there are any cats in the neighborhood that they have come into contact with. If this is indeed a phenomena where cats can astralproject than distance would also not matter.

If you are experiencing this phenomena take note where your cat is and if he is sleeping or not during these ‘visitations’.

April 7, 2013 at 4:59 pm
(39) Jon Update says:

I’m not sure what to think now because it has happened when I slept over at a friends house. I can’t seem to find any information as to what this phenomena really is and why it’s happening to so many people.

I also thought it was a cat spirit that was attached to an item someone gave me but that was not it either.

I did not think it was any of my deceased cats because they have been gone for many years and why all of a sudden would this happen now? The problem with trying to find out the answer is it could be caused by many things and it also would depend on what your beliefs are and there could be (probably is) different causes, so there is no real one answer fits all cases so all in all not an easy thing to try and figure out and we may never really know why.

August 13, 2013 at 11:16 am
(40) Wendy says:

As like the rest of you, I am experiencing the exact same thing, We joked around saying it’s Pookie our cat, she’s come back as a spirit to visit us. However, this was getting so annoying that it would not let me sleep, I even attempted to sleep in my SUV, but it followed me there too. I didn’t sleep for 3 days and was feeling very nauseous, but could not throw up. We finally brought in the DFW Paranormal team to see if there was truly something in the house. They set up all the equipment in every room, set up the lights on the bed where I slept. Nothing happened for almost 2 hours, then all of sudden I felt something behind my back and near my shoulders, one of team members who was in the room said they were reading high energy and frequency in that area behind me. Lights on the bed started to flicker, this happens when there is movement on the bed. The team finally used a Spirit Box to talk with any spirits that may be in the room. I almost passed out when I heard the voice, they asked the name of the spirit, it wasn’t very clear so they asked him to repeat his name 3 times. Then they asked what my name was (the woman of the house), he said my name. Maybe I have more than one spirit in the house that just wants attention. I’m bringing the Paranormal team back to my house, this time we are including the attic when we smudge the entire house. I need my sleep!!!! Even though this thing isn’t harming me, it’s quite annoying. I just want it to go away.

August 30, 2013 at 10:42 pm
(41) Marta says:

Wendy are you still having your problem? Mine stopped for a couple of months, then came back stronger than ever. I haven’t gotten any real sleep for a week. This is just too wierd that so many people are experiencing similar situations. Does anyone else have any ideas?

September 11, 2013 at 9:51 pm
(42) Jon says:

I did not mention in my previous comments but I also experienced a strange electrical sensation always starting at my feet and going up to my waist, this happened a few times and one was so strong I had to get out of bed, was wondering if anyone else has had this.

I still get a crawling feeling inder the skin in my legs when I feel the cat walking around on bed. My question and concern is this a cat spirit or some human spirt that takes the form of a cat?

September 30, 2013 at 1:35 am
(43) ava says:

Sooo my experiance was a bit different..kinda creepy, when i was little i had a ton of outside cats. One use to follow me around meowing. One day my grandparents got ride of all the cats and got the kids just two kittens that we had in the garoge. One day i went out to play with them, i was petting themand both started puring. Then i heard an odd “puring like” sound coming from under a step.when i looked there was a dead cat.. no eyes sweaty looking and stuck to the floor. Then i started moving it paws back and fourth like a real cat when they pur, when the ghost cat pured it was very crackly and loud. Freaked me out, but anyways.. i picked up its head and tryed to meow. I ran, but the next day my kittens were gone.. crazy yeah but i really saw this! It was my first experiance of the paranormal.:/

October 2, 2013 at 9:51 am
(44) Todd says:

Glad I found this page. We have 3 “living” cats and this ghost cat. The ghost cat walks across my bed most nights unless one of the other cats is sleeping with me. This started about the same time two of our cats start screaming during the day for no apparent reason. I have a strange feeling that this ghost cat is there to get her sister that we still have. Her sister is 23 years old but in good shape. I just put that together a couple of days ago. At first I was scared of the ghost, and now I just wait for it to jump on the bed.

October 2, 2013 at 5:43 pm
(45) Wendy says:

The visits have finally stopped. I have a friend who had heard of this happening before and suggested I fall asleep with bible open to 2 Thessalonians 3:3. She said have it open and on your chest, by your side, whatever you want…under your pillow….close to you. Ask God to send his angels and place a hedge of protection around you, asking them to stand guard over you allowing no one but the Christ to fill you. Do this each night this week. Throughout the day ask the angels of Christ to surround you with protection. Claim out loud that “No Weapon Formed Against You Will Prosper”!

I also lit a white candle at bedtime, it took two days and there is finally peace in my home!! It feels so good to get sleep again…

October 2, 2013 at 6:00 pm
(46) Wendy says:

Todd,
I too had that fear, and my cat started to scream (meow) very loud, and at the wall and in the corner of the room. She looks around like her eyes are following something across the room. She actually walks to “something” not sure what it is yet, and meows at it. They say animals can see spirits, I’m thinking this is what she may be reacting this way. When it was bedtime I had this bad feeling in my stomach when I would get into bed. I knew I was going to feel this presence no matter what. My husband was about ready to start sleeping on the couch, he didn’t feel anything, ever. But he does believe me. I was told the vibration feeling is from a being from a higher plane. Have you ever taken a photo with you cell phone when you feel this ghost cat. I did, and the photos scared the hell out of me.. I took some pics in the dark while laying in bed (before I felt the presence) then I took more when I actually felt like something was creeping up the bed. THAT is when I got the pictures of these spirit things.. Very disturbing, as a matter of fact I stopped taking those pictures because they actually scared me.. I’m just glad it has finally stopped, and I really pray this doesn’t come back..

October 2, 2013 at 10:47 pm
(47) Jon says:

To Wendy: Did you actually feel what was a cat. It sounds like something else to me. Mine was definitely a cat… it padded around near my feet and walked near my head then just faded. It once laid up against my leg and could feel it breathing so I left it there to see what it would do for around ten minutes then moved my leg and it was gone. Other times it just walked around at the foot of my bed.

I tried the bible/prayers that did nothing & the electrical going up my legs only got worse until it decided to go away on it’s own so can’t really say if the bible or prayers did anything. I did feel it on the bed recently by my feet, but it is not coming thru as strong and not nearly as often or I am not awake when it does happen so I don’t know for sure. I really don’t feel anything evil just maybe a disembodied cat as I’ve had a few over the years that passed on….nothing else wierd going on either.

I have had some family pass on in the past couple years so it might have something to do with them.

Any explanation as to why you think this happens?

October 3, 2013 at 12:05 am
(48) Kathy Evans says:

Off and on for the last couple of years, I have felt something humping up on the bed, clawing at the bedspread and moving around at the end of the bed on top, but I knew the cat is in another room locked in a crate. So I check the puppy, who is curled up next to me under a separate blanket, fast asleep. Nope, not the puppy. I check the husband to see if he’s kicking the blankets. Nope! So what the heck is it?? I’ve seen this portrayed in a meme on cheezburger.com, so I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who experiences it.

October 3, 2013 at 12:33 am
(49) Kathy Evans says:

LOL – *jumping*, not “humping – sorry!

October 4, 2013 at 5:34 pm
(50) Jon says:

Re: Kathy that’s funny! Looks like you have something else on your mind. LOL

I don’t know what you felt pawing but mine was unmistakenly a cat. Not sure if this phenomena is more recent or has been happening for sometime but most of the ones I’ve read about seemed to happen in past few years or may have been more widely reported during that time.

October 9, 2013 at 7:20 pm
(51) Sue says:

My husband told me his story today, so similar to most of your! I was really concerned at first, but now feel that everything is ok, since so many people are experiencing this. We have never owned a cat or dog, but i am sure he had one in his childhood! I don’t believe in ghost, i somehow feel this is health related. He has been having lot of health problems, and also has restless leg syndrone.

October 12, 2013 at 9:49 am
(52) WENDY says:

Kathy and Jon,
Good morning to both of you!!
I think I need to clear something up about the cat visitation on my bed ok? The other night when I began to feel a light vibration at the foot of the bed and the feeling of a cat walking around my bed, I turned on my EVP recorder and asked out loud “who is in my room with me, I can feel you on my bed, but I cannot see you. What is your name?” Honestly I didn’t expect to hear anything at all (except maybe a meow). What I heard was a male voice that said “ED” It sounded kind of digital but was clear..Back in August I had a medium come over (this was my first visit with her), we sat in the kitchen she said she felt the presence of someone named Edward, she asked if I knew anyone with that name that may have passed on. I say “No”
Well here it is October and I’m now hearing him say his name on my EVP recorder. I know it takes a lot of energy for spirits to communicate with a voice, but I wanted to know why he is here and always in my bedroom?? None the less, I let it go and have not heard him in days.
And I stopped taking pictures with my cell phone in my room in the dark every time I felt something creeping up on the bed. The photos were just too disturbing for me.. Stephen Wagner posted one of the photos I took here on his page. What’s so odd is that I only get these strange looking faces on my cell phone camera when I FEEL something moving around on my bed. Hmmm, still trying to figure this one out!!

October 12, 2013 at 8:27 pm
(53) Jon says:

Re: Wendy

Hi Wendy, that’s what is so puzzling…why there is the feeling of cat walking but is really a human spirit that masks itself as a cat…why? perhaps it thinks that you will not be as alarmed if you feel something familiar as a cat and then the million dollar question as to why? Or perhaps it is a cat that travels with a human spirit or is this spirit even human as angels are not or never were human beings of course depending on what your beliefs are…so very puzzling indeed!

I also experienced very strong electrical currents starting at my feet and going up to my waist, this did not happen everytime I felt the cat walking just a few times and got very uncomfortable. I could also feel the vibration when I placed my hand on the bed.

I have not sensed anything evil & this thing cat spirit or whatever even cuddled/ laid up against my leg?????

I have tried to take pictures as well as evp…but nothing ever showed up. Like you said still trying to make sense of it all.

October 25, 2013 at 10:42 am
(54) Marta says:

This is my third post on this site. I have multiple pictures of my “cat ghost”.
The pictures I found out are ectoplasm. I have had a paranormal team at my house 5 times without getting answers or stopping the activity. I wonder why this is happening to so many, and lots of people never had a cat. I really wonder if is a ghost or something else. Mine bothers my scalp nightly and is very hard to ignore. Anyone have new info?

December 8, 2013 at 11:16 am
(55) WENDY says:

Hey guys,
Ok, latest on the ghost cat visits…. My cat “Itchie” passed away two weeks ago, she was my companion for over 15 yrs. I was really hoping her spirit would visit me, however nothing yet.. Maybe soon… After our older cat Pookie passed away, it took her a month to visit on my bed. I have felt her presence in a few weeks. However, I am still feeling something on bed late at night. My husband still doesn’t feel or see the things that I do.
What I am feeling at night isn’t the footsteps of a cat, it use to be, but now it’s like vibrations that slowly work it’s way up to me in bed. The other night I actually put my hand out where the vibration was (the covers were actually moving) freaky huh? When I put my hand out, I kept it there and said out loud “Go ahead, touch my hand” mind you I have NEVER had anything like this touch my skin before. The vibration slowly moved from my comforter onto the palm of my hand. It was soooooo weird!!! While I was staring at my palm the vibration moved back and forth, It’s like a mirage, an illusion of water. This last for a few minutes, then it moves it’s way back down to the bottom of the bed where I still feel it vibrating. Since this is now the 5th month of the visits I’m actually quite happy with the visits. I noticed when I read out loud the vibrations will start earlier in the evening, like around 10 pm. I’m finishing my first novel so reading out loud really keeps the creative juices flowing..
Any news from the rest of our bedtime club?? Can’t really call us the Breakfast Club..LOL..

December 10, 2013 at 8:57 am
(56) Bill says:

Very glad to find this url – Mel’s blog where i initially was posting has gone very silent as he blog-hopped, whatever that is.
In any event I will bookmark here and post with time permitting. The cat visitations for me are every night and absolutely amazing to me.

Bill

December 12, 2013 at 9:42 pm
(57) wendy says:

Bill,
How long have the visits been happening for you? How long does it last? The activity usually starts around 10 pm for me, it can last anywhere from 2 hrs to all night. The photos I got of my cats spirit the other night are amazing!!!

December 16, 2013 at 5:42 pm
(58) Bill says:

Hi Wendy. You are very lucky or maybe not to have such long visitations. Would love to see your pictures. My visitations with Kissa are every night without fail generally lasting for 5-10 minutes. A couple nights ago the 3 that visit me were there all over my legs, beside me and on the pillow by my head for about 35 minutes. I go to bed about 7pm to 7:30 or so each night as I get up about 2:30-4:00am EST to trade currencies. I am generally tired and beat when I go to bed and fall asleep fairly quickly. A couple weeks ago I visited my Kissa’s burial site and cleaned it up. Taking leaves and weeds from it. While doing so I spoke to her about not being very active and only there at bedtime for a very short time. That night was unreal with the activity. She did something she had never done before. She walked beside my right side to the pillow and came back to where my hand was (under the covers) cupped upward. I sleep on my stomach all the time. She settled into my hand and stayed there for about 15 minutes. I could feel her weight, her heat and feel her purring. This is where she was in my hand when we had to have her put down in April 2012. I cried then and I cried that night. She is truly my only true friend that I have.
Supper call – I could go on at some length.
Take care all.

Bill

January 8, 2014 at 2:44 pm
(59) Ken Morris says:

I had two spirits that I believe came through a portal after my cat died. The demon was nasty but was defeated by my priest and god. I came back to my Catholic religion and had the priest over 3 times.

My cat seems to remain. The most powerful weapon is my one family bible. I have 8 bibles but this particular one has my wife’s name imprinted on it. She has been my Rock! The other bibles may or may not work. I have seen both spirits retreat or jump over this one bible at least 2 dozen times. Nice to know something works.

I too have my dead Siamese cat caught on camera. Everyone who sees this suddenly believes. When I immediately showed my wife she became sorry for me and scared for her. I even offered to let her hear it snore but she was too afraid. It was just too paranormal. – But I have not been able to transfer the image.

January 11, 2014 at 7:06 pm
(60) Wendy says:

Bill and Ken,
After reading the book “The Spirit Whisperer” by John Holland I’m more convinced that these spirits in the “spirit world” are here with us because of the love we gave then when they were in their bodies here on earth.
Bill, I felt my cat’s spirit the other night, her jumping up onto the bed and softly walking up to my side, her purring (actually a vibration) was so peaceful, I whispered to her for a while, then took out my camera phone and the photo I got was her lying on her side with her paw on my leg. My big question is this, how does a spirit take the form of it’s past life on if it no longer has a body? One of the photo’s I took she was looking right at me.. I miss her so much, but her visits are not as often as they use to be. Maybe she has things to do on their side? I met a lady at work who is also experiencing visits from her pet who past away. She said it scared the crap out of her at first, but she has learned to embrace the visits now. Are you guys keeping a journal each day of your spirit visits?

January 15, 2014 at 10:54 am
(61) Bugsy says:

I can’t tell you guys how relieved am to have found this blog. If any of you still read this please respond to me. I have wanted to get this checked out for so long now but anytime I share it with anybody they literally think I am crazy. My details are exactly the same as all of yours except my experiences are quite unsettling and actually frightening to be honest. The only explanation I have ever found is something paranormal but I was starting to think that I was psychitzophrenic and I just didn’t want to go to the doctor because was too scared to face that reality. My family had two cats for 16 years and I used to sleep with both of them so maybe thats it but why would it scare me? I have spent most of my life in the company of gangs and crminals and have seen a lot of death and I think it may be some type of warning telling me that I won’t stop being bothered until I change my life.. That is what 2 different pshycics have told me. Also that if I just embrace it I will see it without fear. Clearly this only happens to certain people so I shouldn’t expect to find a way to make it stop, should I?

January 26, 2014 at 1:04 pm
(62) Wendy says:

bugsy,
Sounds like you are having a spiritual awakening. If anything, do not fear what you are experiencing, fear is the big no no. Have you had a medium over at your home, this may help answer some of your questions as well. I use to get the visits every night from my cats who have passed away, now not very often. My spirit visitors come on their terms it seems. Sit with spirit or meditate, that will help you awaken the spirit within. If you really feel as though there is something paranormal in your home and you are not at peace, then it’s time to do a house cleansing. I had a paranormal team over at our house, they actually let us hear what the spirits had to say and who they were. We are now at peace.

January 29, 2014 at 9:29 pm
(63) Wil says:

I’m 49 years old, and have lived with cats most of my life. From jumping on the bed to kneading their paws to nestling up on my pillow and purring, these phenomena are uber real. It doesn’t happen during “almost asleep” stages. Wide awake and fully conscious, these critters have been visiting me for 30+ years. Nothing occult, just invisible cats that imprint my blankets and peacefully nap, except there is no viewable part of them. These experiences have led me into deep spiritual thinking on many levels, and have helped me overcome my fears of the unknown, as well as spurring on a desire to explore the unseen. Again, nothing occult or satanic. More a wonderment of the way Spirit might manifest itself in our daily lives, and how it might expand our belief in the Spirit of everything. Thanks for the post. I thought I was alone in my experience until now.

February 3, 2014 at 9:06 am
(64) Ken Morris says:

I came back to this site to reassure you. God has power. He defeated the Demon and the demon seems to have left behind only his minions. They especially fear my bible. The cat manifests less and less and most all nights I have excellent sleep. If I feel a “supernatural” I “run” to meet it, with “no fear” and “clothed in the strength of God.” All this sounds so weird but I, for 40 years never went to church, never went to confession, and was too lazy to believe in God. All the symptoms you had, I had — including pictures. One time I was fighting it under my bed sheets and a huge wind blew (under the sheets) as it rose out of my bed. God and demons exists. They either use our pets to get to us or mask themselves as our pets. I get Angry when I think it may use our loved pets.

February 3, 2014 at 4:22 pm
(65) Wendy says:

No Demons in our house, I have my Bible right there every night, and I read scripture out loud. I understand when our body dies the spirit crosses over into the spirit world, why they are communicating with me is still my question. I’m not being harmed, and I have no fear. I do know that all of this started when I was grieving from the loss of a good friend who took their own life.. It’s like I opened a door to the spirit world or something…

February 4, 2014 at 1:22 pm
(66) Ken Morris says:

Just some misc comments. For what it is worth. It seems people on this site are quite sincere. Too often you get the people who make fun of this stuff because they think they know it all and only believe what they themselves think or see.

Some people obviously want to keep their cat ghost. I believe, once you lose your loved pet, it is best if it becomes deceased in every sense – but to each their own. We all have different backgrounds and experiences.

I had my cat for 16.5 years and I stayed with her as she gently went to into the final sleep at the vet’s office. Little did I know that it and some other evil spirit would find their way back to my door. Too little sleep and it/them bothering me caused the problem. It/they did not like me trying to get rid of them. Pictures and effects were amazing to me and convinced my wife that I was not psycho and that he was in a fight that eventually lasted 15 months. Thank god for her support, once she starting seeing another world.

If you wish to keep your “spirit cat” for years, good luck. It probably came through a “portal” and can come through attached to other ghosts, unclean spirits, or downright evil. All these are “not of god” supernatural things in my humble opinion so be strong in god.

I agree it often starts with the loss of a significant other. I also suspect that often the person who is initially haunted may have some special perceptions or abilities. For example, I have had other “unique” experiences that even old friends have pointed out to me even decades later (that I have not initiated the conversation about). Around them, I would rather talk about other old times.

February 6, 2014 at 2:47 pm
(67) Jon says:

My visitations have stopped some months ago but I still read these postings. I too believe a portal may be the answer as to how but why I have no clue. Who really knows for instance it could be a planetary alignment or an electromagnetic field or perhaps one’s thoughts or a heightened awareness.

I know at the time I was going thru some intense soul searching and prepping for what I thought might be a catastrophic event in near future at the start of these visitations.

I still don’t know why I felt the strange vibrations and electrical sensations running thru feet and legs, but one theory I have is electromagnetic fields which can simply be caused from electrical power lines and or transformers like the ones used to power cordless phones as you would be surprised to know how much elf they put out as I checked with an emf meter.

I eliminated these sources from my bedroom and not long after these visitations ceased…so perhaps these emf fields can open portals to the spirit world or maybe give these spirits what they need to manifest themselves.

February 7, 2014 at 10:10 am
(68) Gary Geppert says:

Most often us members love or owned cats. They mourned their recent loss and may have willed it back. Some stress life change is often involved. In my case I just retired. Jon, above noted, some life stressor he expected. There can be an portal. For Jon referenced a cordless phone. I, was using a over- the-air- Digital Tv grabber in my bedroom.
Wish I had used Cable TV.

Finally, those that maintain it is only a cat, sometimes admit they saw something else (at least once). One saw a tall thing looking at him. Wendy heard a spirit named Ed. That, IMHO, are either the evil spirits using our pets, or “spirits not of god” who are trying to pretend to be our pets and soften us up.

Non believers will want you to see a sleep specialist -even thought most of us are wide awake. Secondly, others will want you to believe you have cardiac problems since there is a “tingling” feeling like a high speed motor starting up your feel and spreading over your body.

My catghost at 1st was clumsy/curious. It was more healthy than when it died. Once, when I shook the sheets (so did someone else) We each heard it thump as it hit the floor. Another time, I even heard it set off the pet electronic security system that I set up but only once. It learned how to sneak by soon. It learned.

Eventually it became quite submissive to me. It often left quickly or did not bother me too much.

Greatest experiences: the huge gust of air when I was casting it out. Shades of Exorcist. The Picture of it with it’s Siamese Body and Blue eyes. It (evil) heavy weight as it stood on my chest. 4. Hair rubbing my body. When the priest showed up or I read scripture, it acted up and tried to punish me.

February 12, 2014 at 10:56 pm
(69) Mary Elizabeth says:

I was telling my friend about this unusual experience I have been having at night she said that same this is happening to her…. I said let’s google it and this blog came up so obviously it’s not unique to us. Why does this happen?

February 15, 2014 at 11:35 pm
(70) sal says:

Wow! I have a ghost cat too. When I take a nap or sleep for the night I have a cat like ghost. It comes and goes. It paws on the bed and when I look I see nothing! I like to think it’s my first cat coming to see me. I too have tried to film it, but it never works. Glad to know I’m not alone or crazy.

February 20, 2014 at 11:57 am
(71) wendy says:

I’ve been leaving post on here since this past summer, and it seems there are many others who are experiencing quite similar activity in our bedrooms. In the beginning I was frightened, mainly because I didn’t know what this was. The visits aren’t as often, however two nights ago my husband had his first experience with something jumping onto the bed and walking in between us, he also said it felt like it was coming up through the mattress. I told him to politely tell them to leave you alone, maybe it’s our cat maybe it’s not, we have decided to set up the night vision recorder so we can see what the heck this is. I’m a spiritualist, and medium, there is a reason all of this is happening.

March 1, 2014 at 4:18 pm
(72) Emma Seamons says:

Our very much loved cat Smokey had to be put to sleep on Monday this week.
She was 15 and had been fit and well up until a week ago when she had a couple of small fits, we had her checked at the vets and given the all clear but she quickly went down hill, the day we took her back to the vets they found lumps in her stomach and said it was cancer and we took the heartbreaking decision to have her put to sleep as she’d clearly given up and was beginning to suffer.
I’d been in tears all week seeing her go down hill as I knew in my heart what was coming and we’d have to say goodbye to her, I literally still can’t think about her or look at pictures without crying, its still very raw.
Monday night I went to bed very upset and had a good cry for her but did fall asleep quickly as I was exhausted after not sleeping much in the week previous.
I was woken very early hours of the morning by the feeling of paws walking across my feet at the bottom of the bed and heard gentle purring, we have another cat but he was asleep curled up next to my partner snoring so it definetly wasn’t him.
I admit I was a bit freaked out for a few second and just lay there frozen to the spot wondering what on earth was going on but then I felt the cat settle next to my legs and I just knew/felt it was Smokey, her last few days she slept on the bed in that exact spot so I could keep an eye on her.
I’d been feeling awful because we really wanted her cremated and spread in the garden as she loved it out there (whenever my partner and I or the kids were out there she’d always follow us about and stay with us) but due to the amount of money we’d already spent on blood tests and other medication and check ups we couldn’t really afford the extra £100 fee for cremation so chose to bring her body home.
We buried her under a beautiful tree in the garden but I felt so guilty leaving her in the ground, whenever its rained this week i’ve thought poor girl is getting soaked its so stupid but I really don’t like the though of her wasting away down there.
Since the ‘visit’ my guilt has eased a lot, I feel her body may be in the ground but her spirit is here in the house with us and it makes me feel so much better.
We all miss her immensely but hope her spirit is here with us and still apart of the family.

March 5, 2014 at 4:25 pm
(73) Melanie says:

Wow! It is so good to see I am not the only one who has this happen. I have a ghost cat feeling that just starts down towards my feet, and pads around on the bed. I can feel it walking next to me and feel the pressure its feet make with each step, although none of my cats are on the bed or in the room. It happens randomly, sometimes frequently within a set of nights, and sometimes just once or twice and then not again for quite a while. It never happens while my cats are around in the room, and always happens in the very early morning hours, like just before dawn, which is when my cats always start to wake up for the day. It has been happening since I lost two of my favourite cats, and I am curious if it might be one or both of them coming to visit me. I like to think so. Normally it is not scary, but just comforting, although this morning it happened for the first time in a while, and I did feel a bit odd/out of sorts and my heart rate quickened, it made me just slightly scared to feel it on the bed when nothing is visible there.

March 7, 2014 at 1:32 pm
(74) Debbie O says:

This has been happening to me recently – Last night, I felt a cat jump on my bed, walk up the left side of me – then knead the bed and finally lay down in the crook of my legs. I could also here it purring?? I got a little spooked by it! This is like the 5-6 time real recently! Is this a bad or a good sign?? Help!

March 14, 2014 at 1:49 pm
(75) Bill says:

Melanie and Debbie – these seem to be the same feelings that most everyone post. The astral cats position between the feet/legs. walk around the bed, knead the pillow if you do not use, etc.
My cats visit me every night without fail for 5-20 minutes. Always one and very often 3 are there. Last night 3 again.
Personally I look forward to going to bed and feeling their presence. If I lie down in the afternoon my Kissa will come up onto my legs at my feet. It is just like she has two hands grabbing the toes and pinching them. This will take place without covers over my legs which is unusual. They seem to need something between you and them and cannot touch you I have found. It is going to be amazing after death to find out exactly what form they do take on. These are good feelings – not demons in my opinion. Not wanting to offend anyone in these postings but I find there is too much about the bible in here. Really.
Man a ton of people do get these visitations. Amazing isn’t it?
Bill

March 23, 2014 at 8:25 am
(76) wendy says:

Debbie, what you are feeling is what the rest of us have been experiencing. I had 2 cats, they both passed away within the pas10 months. I honestly believe what my husband and I are feeling are the spirits of our cats, they have found their way home and are comforting. My cat spirit is always with me, I feel her and hear her purr, truly amazing! The other night I had both spirit cats on my bed, one was up on my pillow moving about he other between my legs. I could feel both purring, not sure how this is possible since they are no longer in their animal body. I just accept it, and talk to them like they never left.

April 7, 2014 at 5:03 pm
(77) Lori says:

I just had my cat of 12 years put to sleep this past saturday. his health failed suddenly kidney failure….there was no time to even think about it…called the vet at noon Calvin was gone at 3pm…devastated and heart broken…
i’m sure his spirit has come home with me.
like many others have posted, i’ve felt him jump on my bed and i can feel him grooming himself..you know that slight little jiggle you can feel when your cat is grooming? you dont even need to look to see..you just know that’s what theyre doing.
I have 2 other cats, i might mention, who were not in my room with me at the times of his bed visits.
TODAY the most amazing thing happened…
my one cat, KC, was laying on my bed with me and my other, Tyee, was in the bathroom window bird watching…from my view point on my bed i can see the hall/foyer. suddenly i saw a 2 second flash of a blk n white vision that could only be Calvin. At that exact same time, KC stretched up her neck the way cats do when theyre laying down but something has their attention, and focused hard, unwavering, looking at the foyer. at that same moment i heard Tyee jump down from the window and swiftly he ran to the foyer and was jutting around in circles looking high and low then he gave out a meow…the only meow he ever used when calling for Calvin. He stopped after about 30 seconds then went back into the bathroom to bird watch.
I’ve experienced cat visitation from 2 other cats in my life so this isnt abnormal for me to experience but, it’s exciting and scary and i dunno…it’s hard to talk to most people about ..they look at you like youre outa your mind.
Anyway..RIP to my Calvin..he was a true angel on earth and sorely missed <3