1. News & Issues

Håkan Nordkvist claims to have met his future self. While working on his kitchen sink, he says he went into some kind of time warp and met himself as an older man. But this isn't just a story. In this video he has video of himself and his older self (taken with his cell phone). Indeed, the older man does look like what Håkan might look like in several years. They even sport the same tattoo.

Is it really him? Or perhaps his father or older brother... or someone who just resembles him? Or could this possibly be true? It's far-fetched... but take a look and post your comments.

Comments

March 28, 2007 at 5:17 pm
(1) Shaun Kelly says:

Ugh, I’m starting to sound like a skeptic! Seems I’m always writing to go
thumbs-down on some thing.

But Håkan Nordkvist wasn’t very
convincing. Rather, the video of him with his future self was not.

First off, he must have one heck of a high-end cellphone to deliver such a
quality bit of video. No frame drop, no pixellation or moire effect,
nothing! Video from a cell phone is never that good.

Then, there’s the distance from the lens to subject. To get that wide a
shot from arm’s length, you would need a wide-angle lens. Sure, some
phones have them built-in, but they all give some of that bent, fish-eye
effect. Can’t be helped. Yet, that was not in evidence here.

Finally, the older gent had a VERY fresh-looking tattoo. I’ve seen how ink
gets faded and diffuse over the years. Several decades on, that tat would
have needed some major touch-up to look so good.

March 28, 2007 at 5:44 pm
(2) Princess Gina says:

Well if this is all the Truth,then the video is very very good! Cellphone video’s look crappy most of the time! but i kinda believe it!? But why didn’t he tell more details???

March 28, 2007 at 6:08 pm
(3) Morris says:

I too have to question the quality of the cell phone pictures. Those looked more like they were taken with a high end point and shoot digital camera, most of which have video capabilities, or a decent video camera. They were just too good. I will admit though that some of the very high end cell phones have pretty good cameras in them; those in the 500 USD and up range.

Is this possible? Well, as someone once said, “Truth is always stranger than fiction”.

March 28, 2007 at 10:05 pm
(4) kevin b says:

What a load of nonsense…he meets his future self, they look slightly similar and have similar tattoos and thats supposed to be proof? What did future self tell him about the future? What did future self say happend to him in the future? Funny how that got left out.

March 29, 2007 at 12:21 am
(5) reihal says:

I’m swedish too, and here is my theory.
Apart from the picture quality and the tattoo quality there are many clues here.

There have been a campaign of TV commercials from a bank or insurance company where people have visited themselves in the future.
I haven’t seen this ov TV, so this video is either a discarded pilot or one that didn’t fit the style of the others.

The voice is from an Englishman who works for the foreign language department o f the Swedish broadcasting corp.

The “scientist” looks like typical Hollywood typecasting, not a real scientist. Neither Swedish nor American. Knowing how shallow advertising people are, this is to be expected.

Cute video, but fake.

March 29, 2007 at 6:33 am
(6) Sonic says:

I accept the comments regarding the vidoe quality, however there are two other issues that sring to mind:

1) If he was in the future (say 30 years) wouldn’t you also get footage of some sort of vehicle etc to show technological advance as further proof?

2) Most humans appear to shrink with age. Not this guy, he gets broader shoulders and appears to grow an inch!

March 30, 2007 at 2:50 am
(7) Maria van Tongeren says:

Hi,
I must say I believe in many things but not this story. If you look carfully you can see that the older
man is longer then the the young one.
No one grows when he become older It’s a very bedtime story for adults !!!!

March 31, 2007 at 1:59 pm
(8) Malkavian says:

Nonsense and boring

April 2, 2007 at 3:16 am
(9) Gerd says:

It’s a swedish commercial for the insurancecompany AMF.

October 4, 2009 at 1:03 am
(10) Hal Helmboldt says:

1. Since we were not there we cannot prove or disprove the event.
2. We can, however, question the event.

A: His trip begins under the cabinet. Where does he emerge to? He doesn’t say. Why not?
B: When he emerges on the other side, he does not mention anything that would be an obvious question like, where am I? He does not say where he ended up, as in, the name of a town. Why not?
C: How did he return? Did he have to crawl back into the same cabinet in his future home to return? He doesn’t mention that. Why not?
D: Not once did he mention his wife or his children. Why not?
E: Why the cell phone video? Why not some other form of evidence, even if low tech evidence? What could he have done on a low tech level that might have been more believable had he not had a cell phone with him, that would not have required hours of brainstorming to think of the idea? Here are some very simple-minded possiblities:

A prescription medication bottle with a name and date on it? His future drivers license? Bringing his future self back with him? A check written to him for $0.00 with the future bank account number on it? A bank statement from his future bank account? The name of a local business that exists in the future that does not exist in his current time and video tape the physical location of the building and address using his phone to video tape it? A utility bill from his future? Bringing back a food container like, a cereal box that has changed its graphics appearance or never existed in his past and bring it back? The price of gasoline or food prices at a store and video tape those things instead? A cash register receipt that would automatically print the time and date on it? An ATM transaction that would have printed the time and date on it? Video tape or take pictures of any new household appliance that didn’t exist before?

Conclusion: This is highly likely and very probably 99.99999% a hoax, if not 100% a hoax.

October 7, 2009 at 9:24 am
(11) Lee Boyd says:

This already did the rounds a couple of years back. It’s a tv advertisement.

Obviously something so well-documented (from a man willing to make statements on camera about it, who had already been interviewed/filmed by a professional tv crew about it), would have gained much more widespread media attention.

Now leave it!

October 9, 2009 at 1:00 pm
(12) Nancy says:

Ok, so man finds magical wormhole under his sink of all places. Like Alice in Wonderland, he travels down the hole where he meets his 70 year old doppleganger who sports a fresh looking tatoo and luckily, there is also someone else there to take a video with his camera phone as there is no way he is holding it and filming and embracing. The BS meter just went off the scale…..

October 3, 2010 at 10:35 pm
(13) Benoit says:

I think this guy is totally making things out and has absolutely no tangible evidence. Here are the reasons for my point of view:

1.narration: he gives absolutely no detail about how he arrived, what happened when they met, how did his alter ego react and didn’t take him for a robber. Doesn’t mention how much time he stayed there. Seems as if he wasn’t there.

2. video: he seems very enthusiastic for someone who arrived in a world he doesn’t know. If I were him, I would be absolutely terrified and my only concern would be to find out how I could get back to my era. Btw, he doesn’t say how he did.

3. proof: are you kidding me? This guy goes in the future and the only thing he brings back is a lame video footage? How couldn’t he think about taking a newspaper or something more convincing? Why didn’t he think about taking an electronic device from the future or some hair/nails of his alter ego for scientific examination?

4. chain of consequences: normally, his alter ego should have been expecting him. Since he knows he is going to arrive to his place in 2042, he knows that someday a dude is going to arrive in his kitchen claiming to be him.

5. chain of consequences 2: now he has told the whole world about it, there should have been plenty of cameras and journalists when he came! Unless his telling to the world has created a “second line of time”.

6. His alter ego has the same tattoo as him. What would he say about getting a second tattoo, to see you what would happen?

Only time will tell if he was right. If he gets a second tattoo, or dies before 2042, we’ll know that he was either a liar or that there has been a second line of time where his alter ego keeps living. Anway, I’m from 1986, if I’m still alive in 2042, you can bet I’ll be keeping an eye on this…

October 28, 2010 at 11:39 am
(14) Cuz says:

I am sorry but what rubbish. He fixes his sink oneday then goes through a time portal and meets his older self. I am sorry but its too far fetched and i am laughing out loud LOL.

Sounds fake to me.

September 28, 2012 at 6:23 pm
(15) Tim says:

Theres one thing that stands out to me. If he was going to fake this whole thing, then why would he give the story of going under the sink for some plumbing? I mean seriously, if you’re going to fake this whole thing, fake the camera video, edit everything, play a giant hoax, the best thing you could come up with was going under the sink to do plumbing? If it was fake he would have gave a much better fake story than that. Thats what makes me somewhat believe this. If it was being faked he would have gave a much better fake story other than “I was doing some plumbing under the sink”….At least I hope so…