1. News & Issues

Stephen Wagner

7 Signs of Poltergeist Activity

By September 16, 2012

poltergeist

Contrary to common belief, poltergeist activity usually has nothing to do with ghosts, spirits, or other types of hauntings. The poltergeist is a psychic or telekinetic phenomenon that can result in objects flying around a room, mysterious noises, even physical scratches and slaps -- and can be quite terrifying. Here is how to recognize poltergeist activity. Read more.

Comments

September 18, 2012 at 4:33 pm
(1) Ray says:

Hi,
You state that poltergeists have nothing to do with ghosts? Where is your proof. Many believe that they are demons, and not purposeless energy. (Which by the way does not exist). I was just curious if you can back your statements up with facts.

September 18, 2012 at 9:28 pm
(2) paranormal says:

Ray — The only “facts” we have about poltergeist activity is that it happens. No one is sure how or why. The prevailing theory is that it is caused by telekinetic activity. It is true that some people do believe that it is caused by ghosts or demons, but there are no “facts” to support these ideas either. We only have theories.

September 20, 2012 at 11:12 am
(3) hoppy says:

Ray with all respect neither do you have proof. In my experience demonic activity always are based in mindless hate. There is no scientific proof and I do not need any to know what I know. Empiric evidence ‘proves’ spiritual activity to those who are disposed to believe. There are people no matter how solid the proof will not believe anything thing of the supernatural. Remain at peace with everyone as best as you can, live life in peace as much as you can find.

September 20, 2012 at 11:35 am
(4) Spiritwalker says:

poltergeist activity actually has more than one origin. There can be spirit or “energy beings” that create it. But it can also be triggered by people (usually young teens) who are unaware hat they have telekinetic abilities. many times the onset of puberty creates an energy boost that manifests in physical reactions formed by energy. These people are unaware of their abilities and have no control of them. However there are also entities that can also use energy to manifest this activity.
Since everything is energy, is it used in many ways to get attention.

September 20, 2012 at 2:11 pm
(5) Mary says:

You need to do more research. Seriously. There was a group of scientists that got together and made up a theoritical person. This person was given a family history, date of birth and death, personality, physical characteristics, mind set,hobbies, everything that a real person would have.They then waited each contemplating on this individual that they had made for several months. They then went back into session to try to communicate with him (since he was supposed to have died).Not only did they get a response in words and actions, they actually got a physical manifestation to appear. Energy is all around us and in us, and some of us even have the ability to use the energy.

September 20, 2012 at 2:25 pm
(6) David Boyett says:

These are also seven signs you have a bad roommate. 1. DISAPPEARING OBJECTS: your roommate is a kleptomaniac. 2. OBJECTS LEVITATING OR THROWN: your roommate is prone to temper tantrums and throws stuff. 3. SCENTS AND ODORS: your roommate has poor hygiene. 4. ELECTRICAL INTERFERENCE: like the stereo going off just means your roommate is inconsiderate. 5. POWER FROM NOWHERE: Itís like your roommate claims to have no money for this monthís rent but always seems to have money for the latest nerd gadget. 6. KNOCKS, RAPPINGS, FOOTSTEPS, AND OTHER NOISES: again inconsiderate and noisy. 7. PHYSICAL ATTACKS: usually happens when you force the issue about the rent or tell him he has to move out.

September 21, 2012 at 2:28 pm
(7) Phoebe Moody says:

Listen …. When I was 23 years old [I am now 59] … I moved into my first apartment [in Houston], living alone … and I started experiencing what you call “poltergeist” activity almost immediately — pennies materializing out of nowhere and falling down in front of me …. even in the SHOWER! — as well as pictures on walls coming off with such force that they would FLY ACROSS THE ROOM …. and “nobody” at my front door banging on it so LOUD during the middle of the night that it sounded like someone was trying to break it down. I was so CONFUSED by all this ….. because I had never experienced such before. Needless to say …. I moved out as soon as my six-month lease was up! And then — about THIRTY YEARS LATER — I happened to meet a woman who told me that she was currently managing that same apartment complex where I had once resided. I took the opportunity to ask her if the current residents living there ever complain or report to her management office about ….. and then I paused to try to find a descriptive word for it. SHE then finished the sentence FOR me by saying …. “haunted experiences? YES … ALL the time! There’s DEFINITELY something going on in there!” So NO …. I personally do NOT accept the theory that it was somehow ME doing all those strange things while I was living there! As you know … the word ‘poltergeist’ is German for “noisy ghost”. And the one that I EXPERIENCED there some 36 years ago was CERTAINLY JUST THAT!!

September 25, 2012 at 1:01 pm
(8) rw sanders says:

this is a very dangerous subject and must not be broached for the betterment of an author and not of the witness. there are so many of the spirit realm who can imitate whatever they want, that making assumptions as to identity and cures is only playing with fire. In order to do this properly, get professional help. a shaman of a native american tribe is a very good place to start. the Cherokee have records of these things going back to 11,800 b.c.e. and are helpful at dtmms.com . getting the correct analysis and help is imperative, as amateurs can simply aggravate any situation. CAUTION IS IMPERATIVE. Please, don’t mess with something you do not understand as death can enter the picture in very extreme cases. Listen to the upcoming CoasttoCoastam.com show on Shadow People featuring Thunder Strikes, who last appeared with Art Bell regarding shadow people in the nineties, and is still his fourth most popular. If you are experiencing any paranormal activity, this show is a must for you. rwsanders.info@yahoo.com if you have ?’s