Brief history. This beautiful Gothic Revival building, constructed in 1878, has served as the Cincinnati Music Hall since 1975 and now has a reputation as one of the most haunted sites in the city. According to Haunted destinations: Cincinnati Music Hall, it may actually be the history of the land itself rather than the building that is the source of the haunting. Previous to the music hall, a lunatic asylum and orphange stood on the site, and the bodies of many homeless, suicides and unknowns and unfortunates were buried on the grouds, many without coffins.
Ghosts: The ghost sightings began even before the music hall was built. In recent years, reported paranormal events include:
- An disembodied angry voice in the elevator
- The sound of footsteps following people that sound like they are on a hardwood floor, even though the floor is now carpeted
- Pianos played by ghostly hands
- Doors opening and closing
- The apparition of a boy is 19th century clothing who sometimes tugs on people's shirts
- Ghosts in formal 1800s dress dancing in the music hall.
Thanks to Ian Farquharson