Many readers of the paranormal and the unexplained are familiar with the theory that the Earth is hollow. The idea is based on the ancient legends of many cultures that say there are races of people - entire civilizations - that thrive in subterranean cities. Very often, these dwellers of the world beneath are more technologically advanced than we on the surface. Some even believe that UFOs are not from other planets, but are manufactured by strange beings in the interior of the Earth.
Who are these strange races of beings? How did they come to live inside the Earth? And where are the entrances to their underground cities?
The network. One of the most common names cited for the society of underground dwellers is Agharta (or Agartha) with its capital city of Shamballa. The source for this information, apparently, is The Smoky God, the "biography" of a Norwegian sailor named Olaf Jansen. According to Agartha - Secrets of the Subterranean Cities, the story, written by Willis Emerson, explains how Jansen's sloop sailed through an entrance to the Earth's interior at the North Pole. For two years he lived with the inhabitants of the Agharta network of colonies who, Emerson writes, were a full 12 feet tall and whose world was lit by a "smoky" central sun. Shamballa the Lesser, one of the colonies, was also the seat of government for the network. "While Shamballa the Lesser is an inner continent, its satellite colonies are smaller enclosed ecosystems located just beneath the Earth' s crust or discreetly within mountains."
How and why they went there. The many cataclysms and wars taking place on the surface drove these people underground, according to Secrets: "Consider the lengthy Atlantean-Lemurian war and the power of thermonuclear weaponry that eventually sank and destroyed these two highly advanced civilizations. The Sahara, the Gobi, the Australian Outback and the deserts of the U.S. are but a few examples of the devastation that resulted. The sub-cities were created as refuges for the people and as safe havens for sacred records, teachings and technologies that were cherished by these ancient cultures."
The entrances. There are allegedly several entrances to the Kingdom of Agharta throughout the world:
- Kentucky Mommoth Cave, in south-central Kentucky, US.
- Mount Shasta, California, US - the Agharthean city of Telos allegedly exists within and beneath this mountain.
- Manaus, Brazil.
- Mato Grosso, Brazil - the city of Posid supposedly lies beneath this plain.
- Iguaçú Falls, border or Brazil and Argentina.
- Mount Epomeo, Italy.
- Himalayan Mountains, Tibet - the entrance to the underground city of Shonshe is allegedly guarded by Hindu monks.
- Mongolia - the underground city of Shingwa allegedly exists beneath the border of Mongolia and China.
- Rama, India - beneath this surface city is a long lost subterranean city, they say, also named Rama.
- Pyramid of Giza, Egypt.
- King Solomon's Mines.
- Dero Caves, ?.
- North and South Poles.
Next page: The Old Ones and The Elder Race