THESE ARE THE people who are supposed to be able to tell us the future, right? Okay, so here are 2010 predictions from psychics, astrologers and mentalists from around the U.S. and around the world about the economy, politics, Hollywood – and a few very weird things.
Christopher St John, Psychic
- Another crash in the stock market… maybe a little bit later in the year.
- Increased recording and reporting of sightings of UFOs will place pressure on world governments to admit "the truth" of extra-terrestrial life.
Terry and Linda Jamison, The Psychic Twins
- The economy will recover slowly, and very slowly.
- There will be a hurricane in the Gulf Coast, but not in the magnitude of Hurricane Katrina.
- There will be several terrorist attacks in the US and also in other countries later this year, starting in March.
Judy Hevenly, Los Angeles-based Psychic
- Golden Globes could see Jeff Bridges for Best Actor; Sandra Bullock, Best Actress.
- Hospitalization for Queen Elizabeth, with Prince William ready to step into her role.
- The ghost of the late Michael Jackson will hover over 2010 music awards.
- A cruise ship taken hostage at sea, but quick action by the coast guard keeps all passengers safe.
- Possibility of appointment of a new Pope in Rome, heralding major changes in the Catholic Church.
Hayek, Lebanese Psychic
- President Obama's decision to go to Afghanistan will backfire on him and the Democratic Party.
- Julio Iglesias' name will be in the spotlight once again.
Julianna Suranyi, Australian Psychic
- Tiger Woods' list of affairs won’t be fatal to his marriage – yet.
- Don't expect to hear wedding bells for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and the couple won’t be separating either.
- Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon will be nominated for Oscars.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will split up by spring.
- Tiger Woods will remain golf-free for a year in the wake of his recent sex scandal.
- Oprah Winfrey will enter the political arena.
Sidney Friedman, Mentalist
- In terms of the stock market, a major correction in Dow Jones prices will occur.
- President Obama's approval ratings will rise by end of summer in 2010.
- Tiger Woods, in spite of his announced leave of absence, will return to the golf circuit and though he fails in smaller tournaments, he will win another major this year or the following spring.
- The Hurt Locker will score an Oscar for Best Picture.
Sylvia Brown, Psychic
- We'll develop strong resolve and resources to address [many social] problems and come up with some good solutions.
- A great rise in skin cancer in children.
- I predict we can truly say "goodbye" to the common cold.
Fatima, St. Paul Psychic
- More health issues are on the way, especially concerning viruses stemming in foreign countries.
- There will be more wars. (Not sure where, not sure when - but definitely more.)
- The economy will be situated and things will be okay -- we'll all get by.
- This is not the beginning of the end of the world, but we can expect 2010 to be more hectic than the past few years.
Nikki, Psychic to the Stars
- Trouble on the moon’s surface and atmosphere.
- The Lost City of Atlantis will be found.
- A worldwide power blackout.
- Giant bats will attack a city in South America.
- Two cruise ships will collide in the Caribbean.
- A famous Las Vegas casino hotel will burn to the ground.
- Many more