From the article: Little Ghost of the Lake
Elizabeth Tolomeo took this photograph of her her husband fishing at Dorothy Dunn lake in northern Wisconsin. She is certain they were alone, but upon developing the film, Elizabeth discovered what looks like a little girl in a pinafore and bonnet standing nearby. Is it a ghost? What do you think? Tell us what you think
Little Ghost of the Lake
- In the background I see a large dark piece of what seems to be metal with a brown or rusty colored circle with a hole in it on the side at the top. In the middle I see 2 white boards or pieces of fiberglass, or maybe siding, laying parallel to each other and slightly overlapping. In the foreground I see a piece of silver metal standing in a tripod shape, like it's on two metal legs, with another piece of it connecting the "legs" together on the ground. It has part of a rusted propeller attached to the round part at the top.
- —Guest Tammy
Dorothy Dunn Lake
- I am from Northern Wisconsin and this land is steeped in Native American History, I saw with my own eyes about a year ago the outline of what appeared to be a native American Man with what I later researched and found to be a war bonnet. I believe this is a real Spirit, just using the lake resources like they did back in 1840.
- —Guest krista8521
Little girl on the lake
- I think it is pareidolia also- I agree that the dress looks like deadwood and the head is out of focus with the rest of the image- seems to be a pinecone on a tree that is closer to the camera.
- that looks scary!! But like other ppl it could be just like a hole in the ground or a twig idk.. still its freaky and made my heart pound and it looks like a little old fashioned girl maybe she died long ago
- —Guest Katie S
paranormal or. . .I have no idea!
- I keep going back and forth between natural, man-made or supernatural. The brown, round object where the head would be appears to have a hole or possibly a dark spot on it. This makes it look like one of those Purple Martin or Barn Swallow nesting gourds. The part that would be the body of the apparition, does appear to be covered by a frilly looking dress. This also could be a man-made beehive? I was just about to decide that what I was looking at was not supernatural, when I noticed that whatever it is, is possibly floating. Also, with a powerful magnifying glass I noticed the face behind the gourd or whatever that brown-round thing is. It looks ghostly or almost alien like. I'm still perplexed by this photo. I really don't know. It's hard to make a decision about this when you can't readily access the area where the photo was taken.
- —Guest kingmackattack41
The little spirit of a girl?
- She is very lucky enough to see you all there, i should said, you know why? she'll definitely follow you back home, because she is waiting for her next reincarnation, for a long long time, she'll be your next child, believed it or not?
- —Guest James
- whoa! that looks like a little black girl (slave) with head wrap and full dress
- —Guest whitewash
The little Ghost
- Why is it no body has tried to tell this little one that all she has to do is go into the light and she will find her mommy?
- —Guest Kathleen
It is a rock on the floor
- It is either a rock or a log on the floor and the bonnet you ate talking about its somekind of flower or light color leaf hanging on the tree, but it does appear to be a little girl, the eye could be fooled easily when you want to believe something, I just purchased an old house and I took a picture of it and it also looks like a little girl standing on the upstairs deck but I looked at it in my computer and from far away it looks like a little girl wearing a dress similar to like the one you vlaim the girl is wearing but as I zoom into it its just a couple of boards that from far away look like a dress,but as I zoom in it clearly shows two boards overlaping giving it a look like a dress so sometimes we just gotta observe carefully!! Good picture though!
- —Guest Ray
Not Ghostly Image
- I think our minds can sometimes make it seem as though there is a face or body when indeed there is not.
- —Guest Kathy Stevens
- Ive taken a lot of photos, not sure if its a ghost, but I can say its not a fake ghost photo.
- —Guest luna
wood??? or What?
- I'm totaley into Picts....I shoot them , process them.....my first reaction was screwed up wood. But who knows.
- —Guest fallen angel
girl by the lake
- This looks like a trick of the light to me. The skirt of the girl looks like it is comprised of the logs or sticks, and the girl is sitting on a pile of logs. The face and hand appear black, probably because it is just a shadow. I think if one took a good magnifying glass and looked carefully, you would see it's not actually a girl at all. As to the person who suggested calling the police - too funny. Like the police don't have enough work to do already!
Neh. . .
- It's not a ghost, it's foliage. Look at the 'bonnet' -- it's a flower. The dress? It's a shadow of a twig. I believe in paranormal stuff and all, but this is not the real deal.
- 1. Matrixing is NOT a word. That was made up by uneducated "Ghost Hunters". Try Simulcruma or Pareidolia 2. Interesting picture
1-15 of 32Next