From the article: The Star of Bethlehem: Paranormal Event?
What best explains the account of the star of Bethlehem. Was it a comet, supernova, planetary conjunction, UFO, a myth, or a genuine miracle? What's Your Theory?
Starlight is the essence of JESUS' SOUL
- Human life is perpetuated and thrives off the power of the sun (a star).More advanced souls (Jesus) are empowered by more powerful stars.That "star" shone bright the night through the human called Jesus, who embodied the STARLIGHT/POWER on our planet. The 3 wisemen were also among other things, skilled astronomers; they had studied the heavens. They were aware of the prediction of the Messiah and a particular alignment of stars and planets for this occasion. That was also how and why Jesus had so much power to heal. HE was directly connected to that star and channeled that power threw HIS heart and mind, as well as HIS teachings.
- —Guest James / www.LansLynkeSC.com
star of Bethlehem
- What if the star was a UFO? What if Mary was actually an abducty? What if she was artificially impregnated to mold mankind? What if we were geting to far advanced,eg pyramids, Stonehenge etc? What if by abducting, experimenting etc, artificial impregnation could be controlled so we could only use a small part of our brain? What if you could stop the clock, zero it and start again. There for having, B. C and 'A. D.
- —Guest omm
We Have Seen His Star
- It was not a fixed star nor a planet, and the phenomenon excited the keenest interest. That star was a distant company of shining angels, but of this the wise men were ignorant.
- —Guest guest 07
We have Seen His Star
- When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold there came wise men from the East they are philosopers, belonged to a large and influencial class that includeden of noble birth, and comprised much wealth and learning of their nation. Studied nature, starry heavens, and sought to fathom the mystery hidden in their bright paths behold there camewisemen me
- —Guest guest 07
- I have seen that star. I was 10 years old over the sky of baghdad
- —Guest fred
- I never thought much about the so-called star but it really made me think. Personally, I believe this whole idea of Jesus began with extra-terrestrial intelligience trying to help this planet. I also don't believe mankind came from this planet and we were brought here by another species. Jesus, according to his words, was far superior in thinking to men in those days. He brought us a message that is still literally ignored today. I believe those that brought him (and other prophets) here are still watching out for this planet very carefully. It's nice to read all the comments just to see how many people really think out there and not just believe what they are told.
- —Guest Anita
The Star of Bethelem
- It may be an UFO craft who guided the magicians then later was guarding the birth of that"starseed"named Emmanuel(God is with us)or Jesus.I'm a humanist and I believe in the UFO's.
- —Guest aliencita
- The Bible says; "the kingdom of heaven is within you". It also says "there will be great signs in the heavens". The star of bethlehem is a great sign in heaven. It is a reference, in figurative language, to a persons convicting conscience increasing in influence as we move into the early years of the new millenium.
- —Guest fej
- Mark Twain said, "Faith is believing what you know ain't so." How true that is! Perhaps someone who thinks that some magical being in the sky is guiding the Christians, and the star is one example of this, can explain why Christians cannot agree on the basics. Is the Pope the representative of God? Is the bread a symbol or really the actual body of Christ? Is birth control sinful? Where is the divine starry guidance?
- —Guest Truthseeker
- There is one problem to all this: The star appeared around 6 BC., the time of the census, but the gospels also refer to the attempt of King Herod to find the Christ child and kill him. Herod died ten years before the census and before the star, so obviously the Bible is wrong about the entire episode.
- —Guest Truthseeker
- All these comments have merit. The power(s) that created this universe and life on this rock would be capable of making sure that the stars may later tell the tale. We have to remember that many wise men wrote down their opinions. They did not know for sure, and neither will we.
- —Guest RONeal
- I always thought the Bethlehem Star was an astronomical alignment of stars and one or two planets.
- —Guest Deb
- Revelations.21  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven... ... Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them... Shined like a light. Revelations.21  Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; The measurements of New Jerusalem. Revelations.21  And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.  And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs (1500 miles). The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. John was supposedly taken to this New Jerusalem which would have been around the time of Jesus.
- The Magi saw the star / light in the sky and went to Jerusalem. After they had been told that there was no new-born child there, they were asked to find it and return to Jerusalem and tell the king were it was. Why? So that he could go and destroy the competition. Who was interested in destroying Jesus? I guess most of you won't need the title I chose to know the answer. It's interesting to note that there's no mention of the star / light moving until they had visited Jerusalem.
- Every year at the same time (Dec. 24/25) a large star called Sirius brightens the sky and three other less bright stars shine in a row behind Sirius like they were following it. The ancients of the time called those three trailing stars (actually the three stars that make up the belt of Orion) The Three Kings. It is not a unique event, it happens every year at the same time when the sun stops moving lower in the sky (days get shorter) and begins to rise back up higher into the sky (days get longer). The Sun rises and brings more light into the world. Sound familiar?
- —Guest Scorccio
1-15 of 30Next