From the article: Tales of the Ouija
Few paranormal tools or objects are as controversial as the Ouija board. Some see it as a harmless toy that is subject only to the emotions of the users, while others view it as a very dangerous portal to other dimensions, some of which are evil. What are your thoughts about or experiences concerning the Ouija? Share your opinion
Mother warns me not to mess with them...
- So, my mum and her brother used a Ouija when they were kids and it flew out of the window. Since then, mum's been against the use of them completely but I'm still curious. I'm curious as to whether something bad would actually happen if I used one or would I be one of those who find nothing wrong with it? It intrigues me.
- —Guest Nyx
- yes it can be bad if you do not know what you are doing, I have been doing them for years, and I enjoy it and nothing bad has happen to me I get intouch with my pop and nan
- —Guest willow
- Ouija boards - What readers think about Ouija boards
- —Guest ?????? ??????
- I have heard a lot of bad stories about the Ouija board and personally, the thought of using one scares me. I would rather be caught drinking than with a Ouija board. My mother had a bad experience with one and so did my father. So, if you do use one, God help you.
- —Guest Clararycbar
named from quija bored
- Hey, just about three our four years ago my mom told me that my handbrake and her sisters use to play with a quija bored when they were younger. And my grandmother asked for the name of her first granddaughter, it was Tori, and a few years later my mom was pregnant with me and my grandmother harassed her to name me Tori when she found out I was a girl. Is this normal I'm 25 and just have so many questions, why this name? Why follow threw after quija bored?
- —Guest tt
i believe i have a demon/evil spirit
- my friends did a ouija board i was too scared to but i was there to witness it. something went wrong in my head i had to leave the house in a panic and i can only describe it as i was piggy backing something that weren't human on my back it had it's cheek touching mine i could almost feel the breathing i jumped on a push bike peddled as fast as i could home dove into a cold bath trying to shake the feel of piggy backing something off me and couldn't, things have never been the same since. severe depression, anxiety, suicidle at times i learnt they can attach to certain individuals specially the weak minded and i can be very weak minded i was petrified and they feed off my fear. i wake to dark shadows stood over me in bed regular, get banging on my door and nobody there, i have seriously disturbing nightmares, my light turns itself on, draws always open when i know i shut them, and the activity got more intense following my brothers death which could mean poltergeist ino something haunt
- —Guest moz01
- Received as a gift when I was in middle school - 30 years ago. Used it for a few months - nothing serious at first when using it with my siblings. Then it began to cuss, talk negative, say it would kill us, sitting in my *&^^%, and began to frighten us. The two primary entities that came through were "Malfador" and "Alfador" who claimed to be brothers. Very creepy and threatening. Took it on an 8th grade class trip and all of us girls asked a "spirit" to show herself to us at a certain time. When a group of us waited for the "spirit" a glass window shattered on us. Other uses only illicited negative talk and perverted responses that scared us enough to NEVER use it again. Closed it in a closet and was afraid to open the closet doors. Will never use it again- it has an EVIL "vibe" about it and I'm not one to scare easily. I've been a police officer for years - but no Ouija Boards will be in my house!!!! It is an evil portal - I'd rather deal with other spirits and explorations
- —Guest Guest - DC Guide
- What are going to happen to all the bibles and ouija boards when we get introduced to alien civilizations in our universe?
- —Guest Devilson
- Don't let urban legends and superstitions run your life. There are stories of how ouija boards are SO DANGEROUS, but a lot of the people who have had life-ruining experiences are also victims of child abuse and trauma. Many are drug-users. And then there are thousands of other people who haven't had any problems using ouija boards, and countless who just moved the planchette to freak out their friends. I tried it and I do get a little spooked, but after calming myself down and thinking rationally, I notice it's all in my imagination. The power of suggestion is a strong one, guys.
- —Guest Felina
- I did it at my grandma's house. It seemed fine. I did it with my friends. If you ask the right questions (no ridiculous ones) then it will work. If you don't concentrate or ask a ridiculous question, it won't work. It's not bad at all.
- —Guest Lily
- I happen to be a witch that is has pledged allegiance to the God of Israel, and I have chosen Jesus Christ to be my one and only spirit guide. Both witches AND Christians tell me that my faith is impossible, but I have found that it is right for me. I find that the Bible has been terribly influenced by politics and mistranslated. Even today, Christians paraphrase the idea of God's Word, implying that one must vote Republican! I no longer trust the traditional Christian subculture. It takes too many liberties speaking on God's behalf. Balaam, was a Diviner, as was the Magi who swore loyalty to Christ through determining His significance through studying the stars. I just made my own Ouija board and began using it. I told the entities that I was a servant of Y'shua and a child of the Hebrew God. I asked the entities who created them. They spelled "YWH." This is the way the Hebrew spelled God's name. I welcome the Holy Spirit to be present in every session. I'm protected.
- —Guest Christianwitch
people of color and ouija boards
- How come you never hear non European people being stalked by Ouija board spirits? Do ghosts and spirits only like to haunt white folks?
- —Guest ghstchildd
- The Ouija board is NOT dangerous. People that tell you just dont want you to use one simply because they or friends of theirs have had bad experiences of them. You dont HAVE to do what others tell you to do or not to do. You must be left with a choice. Advice can be given about the board, but truthfully you yourself has to have the experience of using one. Dont let 'do-gooders' tell you that they know best. The board is a unique channelling device and can be used to contact almost anyone or anything. Like most powerful channelling devices itm must be used with respect and understanding. There are dangers with the board, like most things in life, so you must first learn be aware of them. Like driving a car, you must be aware of the unexpected dangers on the road. No one can predict what's around the corner. You must learn. In order to do that, you must experience and practice.
- —Guest Paul
- I do not know what to believe as far as a Ouiji Board. I have honestly never used one. Im scared to try but I want to try because I am curious.....but I just dont want to make the wrong decision and have whatever it is stuck with me for the rest of my life.
- —Guest Serenity
does it work
- I want try one do they work? I think it sounds fun.
- —Guest will
1-15 of 199Next