From the article: Amazing Coincidences
Coincidences are startling when they happen to us because they are so unexpected and give us the feeling of something that is "meant to be." Have you (or someone you know) had an experience with a remarkable coincidence or instance of synchronicity? Tell us about it. Share your story
- When I was around twelve we were playing a baseball game with about six of us kids. The left field fence was a barbedwire one with fince post every fifteen foot or so.. I was batting when my friend John who was playing left field suddenly climbed up on the fence and stood on a large fencepost. The next pitch which came only a few seconds later i hit a line drive right to John who reached up and caught it. He never would have reached it without standing on the post.. I asked him why he did that and he said he had no idea. It was a meaningless game but I still remember this incident.
- One day I was reading a popular science articles on electricity. It was a rainy Sunday afternoon and the weather was turning worse. I had been reading about the dangers of electricity, it kinda spooked me out that I have a electrical wire in my backyard. At that moment I heard a loud sound in my backyard and I grabbed my umbrella and ran outside. Lightning had struck the electrical wire and it was swinging back and forth in the wind. I walked a little closer but I tried to keep my distance, but in a mighty gust of wind it swung towards me and electrocuted me to death. I died paranoid of electricity. ( Luckily they have iPads in heaven.
- —Guest Andy
It Really is a Small World
- Rustling…….Whispering……… I awake from a deep sleep and focus on 3 dark figures in the night, but I’m not alarmed because this scenario is becoming all too frequent. Another night that the pulled out couch in my room is being used. Now a 13 year old girl needs her beauty sleep…what gives? I settle in and continue my ever so important sleep.When I awake in the morning, there lay 2 small girls sound asleep on the pull-out couch. I ignore them, as I tip toe about getting ready for school, trying to avoid the large couch that occupies more than half the floor space. When I arrive home after school everything is arranged neatly back in it’s place in my room, like nothing ever happened. I eventually approached my mother one day, and asked her why the 2 girls come stay with us, and always in the middle of the night. She explained to me that the girl’s mother was very sick, and frequently wandered or disappeared at times and had to be found by the father. We lived in a very small town in Co
some weird coincidences
- When I first met my husband the apartment he was living in was 2685 which is my birthdate(2-6-85). Also, several of the posters on his wall were the exact same ones that were hanging on my own wall at home. My husband's brother's girlfriend's birthday is 2 days after mine in the same year. My father-in-law's birthday is 1 day after my father's birthday. Coincidence and synchronicity consistently continues in various aspects of my husband's and my life together. We are a strange(in a good way) couple seemingly pulled together by the forces of fate and destiny.
- —Guest MOLLY
- I lived inTewksbury Ma from 1965 till 1967, my teenage yrs, moved to Stoughton Ma 67 to 2013, 46 yrs, My family went to an Amusement park in RI, more than a hour ride from Tewksbury,Ma . standing in line to get on a ride, the woman in front of me wearing a yellow flowered blouse, she had her back to me. I thought ,I remember a blouse I had when I was 16, that kind of looked like the one she was wearing. Then she turned around and I knew it was My blouse, the button at the neck was purple, and all the other on the blouse were yellow, I lost the top button, and my Mother ,not having a yellow one had sewed a ornate bright purple one on instead! I recognized the button, some 46 years later! She was with a church group, so I surmised that My mother had given it to the Goodwill or Salvation army after I had moved out in 1967, because I had not taken it with me.
- —Guest Mary Paquette
- This happened about 25 years ago when I lived in the town of Lightstreet, Pennsylvania. To this day, it blows my mind. It was nearing Christmas, and my husband and I wanted to help a young married couple with two small children, who belonged to our church, in some small way. We had seen the family in the grocery store, so we decided to anonymously give them a $25 gift certificate to that store, which I’ll call Acme Market. Our pastor helped us pull this off. He assured us he did not tell the couple that the gift was from us. During this same time, I had bought a $1 raffle ticket from one of my co-workers. The group sponsoring the raffle was not from my town. A few days after we had given our anonymous gift, I got a phone call from the Rotary Club (or whoever was having the raffle). The caller said I had won a prize! I asked, “Really, what did I win?” “A $25 gift certificate to Acme Market!”
- —Guest Ufology
- This is a story that did not happen to me but it happened to my brother John . We were both in our late twenties. I did kick off the series of events though. So on that morning at breakfast before I went to work I gave my brother 2.00 to get some postal stamps. Everything after that happened to him in two's. On the way to the post office he found 2 tools on the road, he was posting 2 letters. On the way back he asked a stranger for a cigarette and the kind person gave him 2. He walked by a friends house and he stayed for two drinks. A whole lot of dual things happened to him that day, all day,but I really can't remember the rest. By the time he got home it was 2:00. A friend came by and gave him another 2.00 for some reason or another. When I came home I told him we were going to have two guests for dinner. That's when he started going on this whole 2 business going on all day. To top it off, I remembered that I actually owed my brother 2.00 and handed it over promptly to him.
- One day in the summer of 2011 I was walking in the yard of my Mississippi home with my kids and came across a large hole in the ground which I had never seen before. My daughter asked how could a hole such as this suddenly appear. I answered by explaining that maybe this was a sinkhole. my daughter became quite upset and worried that she might one day walk through the yard and suddenly fall in a sinkhole. I responded that the chances of a person suddenly falling into a sinkhole were probably astronomical. we decided to go inside and cool off. The kids went to there rooms and I sat down and decided to watch the news on TV. as soon as I turned on the TV the news channel happened to be on and the news story that was on was about a woman who had fallen into a sinkhole and had to be rescued by her neighbor.Two very strange events indeed.
The Story of My family
- Family pleasure is very important in our life. Everyone has a family. If we have a happy and warm family we will enjoy our life more. Just like every common Chinese family, there are three persons in my family, my mother, father and I. We live together happily and there are many interesting stories about my family. 1 Why my family is special? But today the story I’d like to share about my family is quite different because the story is very special. You know almost everyone will be surprised when they hear about my story. It’s really too special to be received. However, it is really true. My mother has told me several times that I’m a very valuable birthday gift for my mother and my father, as I was born on the same day as my father and mother’s. You will be surprised if I tell you the true store that my father, my mother and I share the same birthday ---we were all born on August 8th in lunar calendar, of course, 30 years apart. The most important is that it was not planned and
- —Guest jeanne
- I went to a medical stores in Singtam, (Sikkim, India) named as Bengal Traders and bought some headache remedies. A lady standing beside me buying some medicines, asked the shopkeeper the location of Temi-Tarku vehicles parking lot. I being a resident of the mentioned place above, said to her that the place she had been looking for is just beside the store. And she told me that she just needed a taxi driver that could deliver an envelop to a given address. I told her that our village being a small place, i would recognise the address of the envelop. She told me that the envelop contains voters ID card of a married elderly couple, who had lost their id card somewhere else. I opened the envelop and was liplocked to see that they belonged to my parents. The lady's husband found it on a road trip somewhere far away lying on the centre of a road. I thanked the lady and came home later dat evening. I narrated the whole story to my parents but they didn't belived a single word of mine. Instead of being thankful they blamed me that i had taken their voter's id to issue a new sim card for me... But i was amazed 4m dat experience... My parents didn't even knew dat they had lost their's id card...
- —Guest anupsikkim
- Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946. Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960. Both were particularly concerned with civil rights. Both wives lost a child while living in the White House. Both Presidents were shot on a Friday. Both Presidents were shot in the head. Now it gets really weird. Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy. Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln. Both were assassinated by Southerners. Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson. Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908. John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839. Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939. Both assassins were known by their three names. Both names are composed of fifteen letters. Now hang on to your seat. Lincoln was shot at the theater named "Ford." Ken
- —Guest DOAD
First born girls of my brothers
- The most remarkable coincidence I've ever seen was in the birth of each of my 3 brothers' first born daughters. Each girl was born on June 4th...exactly 14 years apart. The odds for that are crazy. I think it is evidence that God is real and has a plan for our lives.
- —Guest Trina
- I just made new friend online. met in person and subject of work came up at first meeting. turns out their spouse works for same employer. told myself "watch now I will go work there with my luck! " (in same professional field as their spouse). Little did I know, exactly two weeks later, I get called in to- guess - the same exact location as the friend's spouse! and I rarely even work. call it fate? coincidence? you decide!
- —Guest Anyonymous
Ice cream or wine...
- My friend Daniel and I were walking downtown Portland, OR, debating whether to go for ice cream or buy a bottle of our favorite wine, Chateau St. Michelle. I stopped to get a drink from a sidewalk water fountain, and as I did so a passerby took off his cap and tossed it into the fountain. The logo on the cap read 'Chateau St. Michelle.'
- —Guest Linda Q
- I was in the grocery store this week and spotted a good sale on ready made pasta sauce so I grabbed a jar. However, I forgot to get a box of spaghetti to go with it and I realized that as I stood in the check out line. Right at that moment, a group of young men who looked like frat boys decided to "get rigatoni instead" so one of them took three boxes of spaghetti out of their cart and started heading back toward the shelves. As he did so, I asked if I could have one box. Problem solved.
- —Guest June
1-15 of 45Next