Coincidences are startling when they happen to us because they are so unexpected and give us the feeling of something that is "meant to be." Have you (or someone you know) had an experience with a remarkable coincidence or instance of synchronicity? Tell us about it. Share your story
were being heard
- 4 months ago after of not being able to get a hold of my best friend and former las vegan roommate panic set in and I phoned the clark county coroners office my fears became reality she was dead .one day she called me and told me she had just found a great new apt and would call as soon as she got settled. well a week turned into a month then six,and when her cell went silent, that's when I made the call.so here it was 2 days after I found out I had a eye doc apt on the way there I kept saying debi just let me know your ok somehow.well I get to the docs office and there was only myself and a man in this waiting room. docs assistant comes out looks down at her paper work and calls out the mans name to come in.Thats when it happened she says mr Cassidy? I FELT ALL THE COLOR LEAVE MY FACE AND I NEARLY PASSED OUT.THAT WAS My BESTS FRIENDS LAST NAME TOO. COINCIDENCE???? it was my debi for sure MY APPT had been re-scheduled to this later date AFTER I KNEW OF HER DEATH.
- —Guest silverfreak
Destruction pt 2
- Okay, my previous post was out of characters, I had a lot of synchronicities that pointed to an A bomb explosion in the south of the US. In Aug of 2005, later than my omens, Katrina hit and they likened it to an A bomb explosion.
- —Guest Tonya Brooks
- May 24th 2005-Have you seen Final Destination? If so, then you will understand why this scared me badly. Think of Carl Jung's synchronicity idea---(I will list the events of that day alphabetically)
A.That morning I had awoken thinking about a dream I had had in the mid-1980's-In that dream, Arabs had detonated an atomb bomb in the Appalachian mountains (this is where we are from and live now.) I saw the mushroom cloud and felt the scalding hot winds...in the dream, I thought I was one of many on a hijacked bus with Arab terrorists. Now, remember I had this dream in the 1980's. Well, on 5/24/2005, I started thinking that the government might detonate an atomic bomb in the Appalachian mts. for a test. [I don't know why this was on my mind...but all day long odd things happened.]
B.On CNN...they were talking about the Hiroshima A-bomb. [Yes, I cringed.]
C.I picked up a book to look through it. It opened to Oppenheimer-the father of the Atomic bomb! I had checked out a book from the libra
- —Guest Tonya
Weird Job Search
- An acquaintance and I were both looking for jobs at the same time. I applied for a job, but didn't get it. So I applied for another job, and got that one. My friend showed up during the application process for my job, and applied for the same job as me. She didn't get it, but she did get the first job I applied for. The irony was, in the end, we both wanted and were more qualified for each other's jobs. We had never communicated about our job search, it just ended up this way.
- Some coincidences can be quite mundane, hows this. My partner and myself visited a car boot sale to look for a part of our hoover, one of the pipe fittings,to be specific. We searched every stall no luck, on walking back over the car park, I happened to look down and there in the grass was precisely the part we were looking for,the only difference was it was a different colour to the old one.
- —Guest jondav
- Me and my brother were discussing my mum confiscating laser pens when we were younger. The next day my mum gave me a mini laser pen she was meant to give me 3 months earlier ... This is one of MANY 11:11
- —Guest Him
- I've had several coincendences but one really blew me away.
I goy in my car and playing on the radio was a song which mentions "Queen Bee" after an hours drive and spending a couple of hours doing some chores I decided to leave for home switching on my car and radio was the same song. Nothing unusual with that as it was a popular song at the time but a couple of days later there was an article in the local paper about a project that school children were doing involving bees, the heading had Queen Bee in it. A couple of days later in and out of my car throughout the day the number of times that ong came on was uncanny. That night I mentioned all this to my wife and she supported the synchronicity.
The next day we drove to the local supermarket, I parked the car and got out waited for my wife to get out before locking and as I was using the remote key looked behind to see if was locked, parked next me was a car with the registration QUEENB. Glad I told my wife about it earlier
- In 1999 I called an old friend. as we were talking I asked her about a guy named Rich that I used to date. she responded to me with I'm sorry he killed him self a while back. she said it was rumored that he was high on drugs and shot himself. Later in the summer of 2002 I went to visit my old home town and while I was there I went to see Rich's family. much to my surprise when I got to the house Rich came to the door. I just froze I thought I was seeing a ghost. I broke down in tears when I told Rich what I had heard about him supposedly committing suicide. he kind of laughed and said "well I guess they were wrong I'm right here and very much alive. I thought to myself how awful it was for someone to spread such a story. I believed for years he was dead and It wasn't funny at all. we had a nice visit... Long story short in march of this year 2014 I was told to read an article posted on facebook. It read attempted murder/Suicide Rich had killed himself while high on meth.
name + name
- I subbed at an elementary school in a kindergarten class. I sat at a table with a boy and a girl. The boy's last name was Messer and the girl's last name was Smith. My last name is Messersmith.
- —Guest mjmmessersmith
from beyond the grave
- I made a ringtone of a sort of celebrity who died for my mobile so his voice would say "hello I'm [full name] "whenever I got a text. I set the tone that night but for some reason it just didn't work. It kept using my old tone even though it was the new tone selected. Anyway I went out the next morning to do something and I decided to just go back to my old tone which was seth Rogen laughing. I left the phone like that so as not to disappoint myself every time the new tone failed to work. Later that same afternoon I went to the cemetery to visit the grave of the person I made the ring tone of. It took me ages to find his grave. I sat down on it and began to cry. as I placed my hand on the grass and wept my phone received a text and what do you know? The ring tone worked... even though it didn't work before and even though it is not set, the ring tone of the voice of the man whose grave I am sitting at works. And it never worked for a text message again after that.
- —Guest SliceOpie
- This actually happened to my Dad. One morning my Dad was telling me when he had his first year residency (Dad's a doctor), that he and another doctor had been called to a home where a child had his head caught in a wrought iron fence. They got the kid free and kind of laughed it off. The other doctor moved away and lost touch with my Dad. they haven't seen or talked in about 30 years. That same afternoon that he told me this story my Dad got a letter from that doctor with a newspaper clipping with a picture of a child with his head caught in a wrought iron fence. And wrote a note "I don't know if you remember me but we had this same situation our first in residency." My Dad was floored. He just couldn't believe that amazing coincidence.
- —Guest Suzanne
- I went home to visit family in May just over a year and a half ago, i had been thinking a lot about my grandpa, he died when i was almost 3, i mentioned this to my mom, she ended up giving me his old watch, i noticed the time was 5:45 on it , when i spoke with my hubby i mentioned it to him ..we both had been noticing that time stand out in recent months, 4 months later my grandma had a stroke, i rushed home to be with her she died at 5:45 with my sister and i by her side. I ended up driving home with my mom back to my province, the day after we got there we decided to go shopping, we were in a 3 car accident, i exchanged info and i noticed that the guy that hit me his licence plate was 545 and his phone number was 545. Before my grandma passed i lost a friend to a tragic accident she died at 4:45 but with the time difference it was 5:45 also. There were more odd things what came along with my grandma's passing, there just isn't enough space to mention .
- —Guest 5:45
Was proud of the first bloomed Avocado's
- I am a new tenant living @ this place for 7 mos. Avocado's started blooming for 2 1/2 mos.I was proud..One fell that I was proud of fell shortly after a few weeks on the tree. Eventually I focused on 2 avocado's that was growing near our back porch. Everyday I dotted on how well it was growing, and I looked forward on the day it would be matured enough to pick..Yesterday, I showed my neighbor whom I've known many years the baby avocado, and he was happy to finally see it. He and I both left separately to drive to do our errands. I was gone for 3 hrs. I also learned that my daughter also showed the baby avocado's to my neighbor's wife within that time I was gone and my daughter 26, came home with my neighbor's wife, then after the neighbor's wife went home. Her husband saw the avocado earlier, then an hour or so the wife saw the avocado's. All this time the avocado's were growing fine. I come home 3 hrs. Later and the 2 baby avocado's were laying on the grass below the porch. I di
- —Guest mischelle
- This story happened to my grandfather some years ago. He was a farmer, he was watering the lands one windy night. While he was waitting the lands to be watered, a page of newspaper was being blown away by the wind and stopped near by him
- —Guest enric
- This story happened to my grandfather some years ago.
He was a farmer, he was watering the lands one windy night. While he was waitting the lands to be watered, a page of newspaper was being blown away by the wind and stopped near by him. He took the page so that he could read something and entertain himself and here come the coincidence, he was shocked when the page was carrying a picture of his friend, from the military service, that had just killed someone with a stone...
Bear in mind, that his lands were miles away from the nearest town... How the hell that page of newspaper got to him???
- —Guest Enric