Many people report that street lights shut of with a high degree of regularity when they pass by them. Are you one of them? Are you a SLIder? (SLI stands for street light (or lamp) interference.) Some think it is a genuine psychic effect while others contend it's just coincidence with faulty street lights. Share your thoughts and experiences. Share Your Experiences
light coming on...instead of going off
- I'm like everyone here. This has been happening to me for at least 14 years. It started when my youngest was a teenager. It started with a parking light turning off after I got into my parked car. I thought it was coincidental. At it height I had a series of highway light go off as I approached at 70 mph. Since then I've had them come on as well as go off. One night I said "stop", and it stopped. Two night ago a dim street light that was about to burn out came on when I stared at it. This was on my way home in my platt as I drove. I had another street light in my platt that looked burned out, but I "felt" it would come on. I stared at it and said to myself "come on", and it did. I've done this several times, and have had times when nothing responded. No lights going out. I would completely forget about it. The other night with the bad bulb in the street light going out is the first time I thought to try in a long time. I also can hear voices but only rarely.
- —Guest dee
With lights and others
- This happens to me often. And several other problems occur related to electricity in my life. Especially cars! I've had this happen with three different cars: while driving, pump and wheel become stiff, and car comes to a stop. It stalls several times before starting afterward. Nobody has been able to find a problem with these cars, and it happens intermittently. I borrowed my parent's car and this happened twice. When I returned it, they never had the problem again. I have also affected music volume, computers, chargers, and any phone in existence. My phone will randomly become a brick and then magically work again later, same as the cars. All I can say is I really hope the being psychic/healer part of being a SLIder is true!
- —Guest Tess
the same thing happens to me
- Street lights always go out whenever i walk under them or drive under them, it use to happen all the time with when i would walk with my cousin... she and i share this weird bond... our emotions mirror each others all the time we even say things at the same time! It's truly weird and would always freak us out but i've gotten use to it now... it happens all the time to me its like second nature
- —Guest talicia
Street Light Goes out
- When i pass street lights in my car or some times walk towards street lights some time only one globe goes out then other times the whole street goes out. I was wondering what the heck is wrong with me it also happens when i am concetrating or thinking hard about stuff glad to have found this page
- —Guest carel
Can turn off police cars flashing lights
- Whenever I drive by a police car with flashing lights, the lights turn off. And occasionally turn on but mostly off. I don't seem to have problems with Street lights, but I have had lots of problems with computers, and I'm a PC technician so this has been very frustrating. As soon as I say the words " I fixed it" or "it's fixed" I find out pretty quickly that it's not. So I just don't say anything, Lol. But I'm really bugged out about the flashing lights. This happens every day and every time I pass by. What's the deal? Thank God for Google cause this is really trippin me out. Although I'm even more tripped out after reading all these stories, Lol. How can I use this to my advantage? Funny how they don't go out when I'm getting pulled over. But I dont get pulled over very often so IDK. Soooo Weird!
- —Guest Sp00ni
bulbs at place of employment out etc.
- Im experiencing this thing so I searched abt it. I am a self-identfied mystic but silent abt it. Ive also talked to many professing mystics and certified psychics but have not told them abt this occurrence that seems cool to me. Dont be weirded out but whenever i pass by certain consistent lamp posts, that particular lamp post's light go out without fail wfenever im in deep heavy thought. Lately, in fact earlier in the night, I was passing by this particular lamp post and there is no specific time when it shuts off (just whenever im in the approximate distance within it). So i knew it would happen nd it did so I became curioser. Then I thought it could also be the reason why we had to buy new light bulbs at my workplace. The regular old-fashioned incandescent bulbs. But that must just be my imagination. It is true and factual though. At least ten mustve been replaced (or more) already. Anyway, when I was younger, I tried to summon spirit entitiest. One came out.
- —Guest SilentSlider
- I am 47 years of age.. I have often wondered if there was anyone out there like me.I have had countless experiences over the years,, hundreds you might say. I have been in mall parking lots and other industrial buildingsto watch lights flicker. Flights from state to state that turn off as I go by.As I am driving a truck on an asphalt jobin a town of 22,000 and I am hauling a 35 mile one way trip at night, seemed to go off every night. One in particular seems to go off every time I go by. now I have been an addictbut I've been sober for 12 years this is crazy to me and freaks me out!
- —Guest Ron
I thought am possessed
- I thought i was possessed or in a presence of something supernatural... Every time i pass underneath majority of street lights they just go off.
One day I tried passing on a street with 5 lights n everytime am underneath each one of them they go off...
- —Guest Ovi1
It happens and I don't like it.
- I pass under nearly a dozen lights on my way home. After walking nearly a mile to my home one night in June, I went under the final street light and the street light suddenly went out just as I got directly under it. About 3 nights later, I got home late again, the streets lights were on again, and as I approached the final streetlight the same light went out again just as I walked underneath it. 3 nights later, I got home late again. As I passed under the first street light about a mile from my home, it went out. The next light went out. And then the next. I was scared. No more lights went out until I got almost home and then the last 2 went out. I turned around and watched until the last light came back on. Then I went out and walked under it again and it went out again. I did this twice more with the same result. These events have not recurred. I was in a difficult emotional state when this happened because of some personal problems.
- —Guest SLCer
- People with kinetic energy can blow light bulbs are natural healers . iv messed a Lil with it but feel silly. But can someone please tell me there psychic gifts please. N if anyone knowes of someway to physically prove there r differences between us n non sliders. Like EMF detectors or something along those lines. Oh n one last thing... Now bcuz of my ski effects on things i have developed a very true phobia of doing things like plugging things n2 walls n screwing n light bulbs. My heart races n ill go into a full heart racing panic attack. I hate it bcuz I tell people i cant do it bcuz I have a weird thing with electricity and that they looked at me like I am absolutely crazy but the sli stuff has created a true phobia in me .
wanting answers. n have questions. pleas
- This I must say also happens to myself. Iv not really noticed it alot lately. But iv not been out n dark lately eather. But i noticed my first odd experience was probably a year , give or take a bad. After my dad died. But my 5disk cd changer\player would cut on by itself. N other people seen it also. And at first thought it was him. But then I started noticing few years later. Street lights would always go out. Sometimes 3 lights n a row n I was walking not driving. But I started noticing it more n more. I have noticed tho that i would b around 1 certain person it and he had to notice an but. This person obviously bring it on pretty strong that I would like to know y this is. And i have straight up blown light bulbs that have already been on at the,time. Iv even weirded my Lil girl out one time. But i do feel like there is a gift attached to this ability. So please people please tell me off ur physic abilities.. I have heard by Silvia Brown that people who have alota. Next post
Really need to talk to some one like me
- So much ...don't know where to start. First time I noticed this...Got into a argument with a person. He showed up at my house with two cars full of guys looking for action. They didn't know I was hiding in a shadow ready to jump on the original person... I holding my bible asking for strength. I felt my body heat up to 100 degrees it felt like. I ran... they saw me but I got away. As they ran around blocks of houses looking for me I ran in the shadows. Trying to lead them to a dog in a yard I knew they didn't want to meet. When it came time to cross the street the two lamps went out in front of me giving a dark trail across the street... again on the next street...I thought it was God. Since then batteries in truck and lawn mowers started to be drained...my dad noticed it was only when I was around this happend...He asked me in a real tone if I hung out in grave yards..I didn't know what to say because when I was young I ran away from a bad situation and slept on a grave crying.
- —Guest DeBolt
street lights/cell battery drains
- I thought I was going crazy! Street lights go out on me all of the time, but it isnt random, its the same poles. I used to drive the same route to work every morning at my last job and the same pole light would go out as I passed under it everyday. I am working at another job in another town 75 miles from my last and I have one street (the same one every night) go out as I pass under it. I am sincerely looking for a real reason why this happens. I have to change phones constantly because my battery drains everytime I get a new one. I have had lights flicker here and there around me throughout my life, but never really thoight much of it until I started researching my street light problem.
- —Guest shelley
Ha I knew it!
- So i was walking down the street at night of course and wanted to see if i really did effect the lamps. Ive noticed street lamps doing weird things just as i happen to come around them often because at this point in my life i was doing allot of walking around at night in a small town. So i pass under this street lamp and proceed about 20-30ft beyond it, not looking back, then suddenly i stop, turn around quickly with my hand at my hip imitating a gun the way a child would and fired. The light had turned off as i approached it, which sparked the idea, and as i fired i thought "let there be light" at the same time said "bang" with such little sound, one could hardly say i said it. The light had come back on that instant. no one was there to see it but i was so overtaken with joy i laughed out loud in satisfaction.
What ever this is, I'd sure like to know more about it.
I can also do other things.
lights out constantly
- Has been happening my whole life but has been getting more regular in the past 3-4 years. Street lights are constantly going off when I walk under them and now even when I drive under them. This is the first time Ive shared this. Any Sliders out there that could give a better response than Wikipedia.
- —Guest Dano