From the article: SLIders & the Streetlight Phenomenon
Many people report that street lights shut of with a high degree of regularity when they pass by them. Are you one of them? Are you a SLIder? (SLI stands for street light (or lamp) interference.) Some think it is a genuine psychic effect while others contend it's just coincidence with faulty street lights. Share your thoughts and experiences. Share Your Experiences
- I've had light bulbs burst on me when sitting next to them, normally when relaxed and focused on something. I can't have watches as I kill the batteries right away. Got a cool Christmas gift that runs on batteries but when I hold it, it dies:o( My husband can then take it from me and it starts working again? Sort of sucks! At least my iPhone kicks ass, have not killed that yet. Go Otter Box! Time to suck down coffee and take in nature!
- —Guest Sweet T
Ever since I was little
- First, I would like to note that I am a very reasonable and logical person. I always think things through and never jump to conclusions, especially paranormal ones. That being said, this is something I have never been able to explain through personal experience. Street lights have been going out around my ever since I was about 10. I would notice it then but wouldn't think anything of it because of the rarity of it happening only once in awhile. In these past few months (I recently turned 18), it has gotten to the point where I can no longer think of it as a coincidence because it happens everytime I drive while it's dark almost without fail. Sometimes even up to 5 different street lights along my path. It has even gotten to the point where lights inside buildings will go out before I pass, the same as street light. I don't know if there is a physical or mental reason behind this phenomenon but I do know that this is no longer mere coincidence.
- —Guest Bethany M
- I have had this happen to me for about a year now. In the beginning, I didn't think anything of it. I figured street lights turning off happened to everyone at some point. It started happening to me more frequently in the last several months.. when I'm driving or walking. Usually, a light will go out a second or two before I pass. It has really freaked me out, especially since it happens almost every day. My fiance noticed that it never happens to him unless we're in the car together. I do have anxiety and have been described by others to having the ability to see nuances in things. I don't know if all these theories I've read are true and I'm not sure what to believe, but I do feel a lot better knowing that there are others that have it too. I want to say that I've learned to accept it and not think too much about it when it happens, but.. it still freaks me out a little to some degree.
- —Guest Tina
It's just started happening to me..
- My street light at the end of my street when I drive home at night up to it or before I turn into my street it will turn off.. hmm... ? Cool / unexplainable. Different times, different days of the week...
- —Guest megz
No way it's a coincidence
- It ALWAYS happens to me, I started noticing it at around 13, it happens too much to be a coincidence, as another person said nobody notices the SL turns off until I say it did, it happens mostly when I'm in a car but on foot it also happens... Also when there's a bad lightbulb flashing it starts flashing faster when I'm close, I observed it consistently and testing it several times and time between, it's not a pattern; also when a radio's signal is static I touch it or sometimes when I get within 2-3 meters you can hear it better and clearer it's freaky... One time I was asleep and everyone else was too and I woke up in the middle of the night to the TV turned on at full volume even though at night I hear it low and I turn it off before I sleep... I don't know if it has something to do with being a better ground than others or if it's something paranormal...
- —Guest Mike
- I have noticed this happening to me as long as I can remember but I really think that some people aka sliders are just more observant of this happening. I have been with other people driving, noticed a street light go out, and no one seemed to notice besides me, and it was only after I pointed it out did the others notice. It prolly happens to everyone but only a few can catch it when it happens.
- —Guest John
I am a freak.
- Since I was about 11 when a 220 volt bad circuit connection threw me 10 feet, I am experiencing anomalies with electronics, i dont wear watches, they stop, computers stop working as I walk into a bank or store, black out when i walked into a walmart twice, my tv got hit by lightening in a bad storm, I have gone through so many appliances and lights and switches for my car, and when it happens its like a comet, one after another then it stops, I noticed it happens more often when i am stressed. I wish there was a pill to make it go away.
- —Guest Kamilla
- I first noticed my SLI ability over 30 years ago in college when I would frequently walk back and forth to my girlfriend's dorm. There was one street lamp in particular that would go off as I walked near it. At the time, I attributed it to a problem with that light. But, it happened enough that I noticed the pattern...I also had to be relatively close to it for it to cycle off. Also, my girlfriend would walk the same route but never noticed it happening to her. It would occasionally happen when we would walk together. Through the years, it has happened randomly but persistently. I settled into the notion that it was mere coincidence with sodium lamps at the end of their lifespan, but it happens enough that my family jokes about it. Specifically, my wife tells our kids that I have a metal plate in my head! Recently, an office employee shared similar stories and told me our name: SLIders. I never considered this a shared experience! I am intrigued - Wow! I now believe SLI is real
- —Guest Rob
Talk about weird....
- Even in SLI cases this is weird. I seem to be able to control my power, because today when i was walking under a street lamp, i thought it would be nice to be in the dark, and it turned off! Also, I seem to be able to "hear" electical signals, so if the TV is on upstairs, I can here it, even from 3 stories below. Is this a side effect?
- —Guest Tylen Janisch
Street lights go off
- Every time I'm in a car, whether if I'm driving or a passenger a street light goes out at least once a night. I never thought this happened to other people until my girlfriend told me to look it up. I ways thought of it as, me being exactly where I'm supposed to be at that given time in my life. Like a sign I'm doing the right things in life. I'm not scared by it, and my friends think it's pretty cool. Hope this can get some answers.
- —Guest Danny l
- This has been happening to me for years culminating in an episode last week when I walked past a very large reindeer, some 3 metres high outside a local shopping mall constructed of christmas lights just as some tourists were just about to take a photograph of it. As I walked by it went out and stayed out.
- —Guest Tony G
- I have had this happen around me on certain occasions. Particularly with a few street lights in my old home town. Also t.v. Sets seem to pick up interference when I'm close. Oddly enough toilets that use motion sensors tend to flush by themselves when I'm not even close to them.
- —Guest CJ Fuller
Lights n more
- I have noticed street lights going off as I go by, since I was around 8 yrs old.I also have experienced house light bulbs burning out to quickly or some times the bulb actually explodes and shatters.Batteries in devices will drain way too quickly, including car batteries. The magnetic strip on my credit/bank cards always get erased.
- —Guest John Taylor
Street lights and time
- Years ago I noticed street lights going out when I drove past or walked under. It hasn't happened in years until last week. Everytime a street light would go out, I noticed the time. Always 5:53. Weird. Phenomena or coincidence? Makes me wonder…
- —Guest Jackie
This is scaring my friends away
- This has been happening for a while. Every time I pass lights or anything electrical they all turn off or go crazy l. One time I was angry and I was in the bathroom all the lights flashed like crazy and if I don't think of anything lights just turn of but when I'm happy nothing happens. One time in school I was sitting in the shade of a tree then I walked out of the shade my gym teacher and classmates ask me were did I go when I was practically in front of them and sometimes I can walk next to someone they don't even notice me then I can be in front of their face and they won't even know I'm there until I speak. It's like I can be invisible if I'm quiet. And one time I was staring at one of my skateboards and it moved slightly it happened in my house on a completely flat surface
- —Guest Ya
1-15 of 621Next