Many people report that street lights shut of with a high degree of regularity when they pass by them. Are you one of them? Are you a SLIder? (SLI stands for street light (or lamp) interference.) Some think it is a genuine psychic effect while others contend it's just coincidence with faulty street lights. Share your thoughts and experiences. Share Your Experiences
Ha I knew it!
- So i was walking down the street at night of course and wanted to see if i really did effect the lamps. Ive noticed street lamps doing weird things just as i happen to come around them often because at this point in my life i was doing allot of walking around at night in a small town. So i pass under this street lamp and proceed about 20-30ft beyond it, not looking back, then suddenly i stop, turn around quickly with my hand at my hip imitating a gun the way a child would and fired. The light had turned off as i approached it, which sparked the idea, and as i fired i thought "let there be light" at the same time said "bang" with such little sound, one could hardly say i said it. The light had come back on that instant. no one was there to see it but i was so overtaken with joy i laughed out loud in satisfaction.
What ever this is, I'd sure like to know more about it.
I can also do other things.
lights out constantly
- Has been happening my whole life but has been getting more regular in the past 3-4 years. Street lights are constantly going off when I walk under them and now even when I drive under them. This is the first time Ive shared this. Any Sliders out there that could give a better response than Wikipedia.
- —Guest Dano
- This happens to me on a regular basis generally it happens to me daily, on the way home tonight i hit a all time high of 3 random street lights turning off when i walked underneath them, the last time i walked home it was two but its funny because they were two different street lights, and this happens to me everywhere i go or when i am driving random street lights will just turn off when i go passed them, it ranges from all types of street lights to security lights or just lights on buildings. It's kinda creepy but i just think of it as my Guardian Angel, He always follows me and just needs to suck the juice from the lights when i pass to stay physically active or it's a way of saying he is there lol, haha i am not a religious person by no means but i just go oh hey buddy i know your there lol :)
- —Guest Barryman36
But what causes this
- I have recently begun noticing that everyday when get past this one light at the park it will turn off its before 1030 but of its after the light turns on everyday a i pass by. I wouldn't be worrie if the light wasn't an led one that came on. This is not an led light it is an old bulb it should not be that coulor
- —Guest Canadian kid
- Curious to know how many here are rhesus neg blood ??
- —Guest rhneg
My boyfriend and i's experience
- On the 14th of June at around 10pm or so, it was my last night with my boyfriend before I had to head back home to Australia. He lives in Ohio and I live in Perth, Western Australia. That night, we were both in such emotional states, and decided to do one last adventure together before I headed home. So we decided to go to a covered bridge, we were the only ones there and my boyfriend told me he wanted a picture of me infront of the Ohio state sign infront of the bridge.. Just as he was about to take it, the street light turned off. it stayed off until we walked away for a bit then came back on when I was close to it again. I believe this is totally real.
- —Guest Lauren Rogers
LET'S GET TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE
- Relieved I'm not the only one! Wonder what would happen if we all got together in one place? 25 yrs+, I've suffered from this. SL, watches, oven, stoves, computers, cars, dish washers, cell phones, clocks... glitch or stop working. I was only looking up why my watches always stopped working thinking it might be from a particular mineral in my system, not knowing that all these other things are connected. How is this a gift when you can destroy electronics with your mere bodily presence?... It's expensive, time consuming, nuisance! Does anyone want to study us? Is there a convention? Is there support groups? Only my immediate family knows because they've observed it. Reluctant to share. I want to know others like me & I want to know the affect we might have collectively.
- —Guest Yvette California
- It's happened to me several times throughout my life. You can't control it, but it happens to me when driving around or walking in a parking lot. I've even had issues with my ex roommate's cable box. It would always malfunction when I would show up. It had to be reset (unplugged) every time. It never happened with anyone else...maybe a coincidence, who knows?
- —Guest Brian
Lights less than other items
- I almost always effect radios. The oddest thing, and I've had it happen with many friends, I charge shopping carts somehow and they even shock other people after I let go.
- —Guest Sharon
- never happened to me b4 or maybe i never noticed. Today while im going though intense emotion all the lights go out above me at the train station, then my bf is giving me a massage and took off my necklace and put it on her phone and her phone started going crazy, and on the way home still thinking about my "stresses" and a street light turned off as i drove past, 3 times in one day is wierd stuff.
- —Guest rubi
Freshmen orientation and working out
- This has been happening to me as long as I can remember. Street lights, lamps, classroom lights have been turning off or flickering when I walk by them or sit under them. When I work out the heart rate never works for me and I've even had machines reset while I was on them. During my freshmen orientation I was telling my friends that street lights turn off for me and I said watch this now turn off and it did and I went to the next one and said turn on and it did. They freaked out and my friends phone dropped and I caught it then it started freaking out the screen kept flashing all night. I get shocked a lot when I get out of my friends cars or touch light switches. I also seem to be the only one who can get electronics to work when no one else can. When I get angry lights flicker and things fall over. I would love to control it but I can't and it sucks
- —Guest Andy's freaked out
I scare myself sometimes
- Since July of 2009 I started counting the lights that turn off on me as I pass them, I stopped keeping count at 1,450 (give or take a few) in August of 2013. When in my car my radio randomly just kills, when I walk away from it, it starts back up. There are two occurrences that left me speechless. The first was while I was visiting a friend in college, I told her about my streetlight situation and was in disbelief. Me being cocky I said "watch this" pointed my finger like a gun at a streetlight and went bang and as I did that is shut off. At that point I was in fear of myself. The next time I was at a red light with my girlfriend driving late at night, a streetlight was flickering, she remarked to it and I said "let's give it some life" I focused on it and it got brighter and stronger, my girlfriend was astonished then I saw the light was green I put my hand down and the light went dead. That drive home I had to explain I wasn't a witch, at least I don't think I am...
- —Guest Corey
- Algumas vezes, quando estou com muita raiva, as luzes piscam ou queimam. Queimam também quando coloco a mão no interruptor. Quando estou com roupa sintética ou arrasto os pés em carpetes o efeito aumenta e começo a dar choques nas pessoas e emito faiscas. Parece que, algumas vezes, copos de vidro estouraram próximos de mim. Sem dúvida eu possuo algum efeito elétrico espontâneo e, nos casos de choques, eles incomodam.
Thought I was alone
- Streetlights have been going off when I pass by them for years. I've had friends refuse to walk with me at night because it made them uncomfortable. I've also noticed that heart rate watches or heart rate measures on treadmills will not work for me whatsoever. Every time I've been on an airplane with a built in tv in the seats they've malfunctioned when I use them. Also, sometimes if I get to close to a radio while it's on it'll just go into static. I'd love to be able to control it, preferably to stop it altogether. But I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with these problems.
- —Guest Guest Alex
I was abducted by aliens
- I was abducted by aliens when i was 12 years old, and ever since then have an intense effect on electrical systems and equipment as well as street lights going out when I am near them. My wife also has seen this phenomenon and has no doubt that it has something to do with the implant in my neck, which is located 3" back and 2" down from my left ear, it is about the size of a pea. Any other SLIders have memories of abduction?
- —Guest SLIder by alien implant