From the article: SLIders & the Streetlight Phenomenon
Many people report that street lights shut of with a high degree of regularity when they pass by them. Are you one of them? Are you a SLIder? (SLI stands for street light (or lamp) interference.) Some think it is a genuine psychic effect while others contend it's just coincidence with faulty street lights. Share your thoughts and experiences. Share Your Experiences
- I too have experienced lights on the highway going out as I pass under them. It happened enough times I no longer believe it's a coincidence. It usually happens when I have a migraine or tension type headache and the lights are bothering me. I also will swear one time that when I was lying on the bed reading and wanted the overhead light turned on, it came on by itself. I was shocked to find out other people have had similiar experiences. I saw this on a tv show and decided to goggle sliders. I am not surprised to find some people link it to psychic powers since I have had a few episodes of ESP in the past. I knew someone was waiting outside school for me one time. This particular person had not picked me up from school in four months yet a picture of him sitting on the school steps flashed into my mind as I daydreamed in class. I even told a friend about it as we walked out of the school. Boy was she surprised when he was there. She reminded me of this episode thirty years later.
- I notice when a street light or outdoor ceiling light is out and needs to be changed. When I approach, it will turn on, until I go past it. I was with a friend that can do this also and we were talking under an outdoor light and it went out, until we moved away. One time I was very frustrated with myself and driving my car, I had a large envelope on top of my steering wheel and I took my emotional frustration and pushed my hands on the wheel (without folding or crushing the envelope) and my entire car and lights turned off!!! I was able to stop the car and turn it back on right away. (Not sure if this has something to do with it, but it is electrical.) I also get electric shocks often and my external body temperature is hot. Anyone else have anything like that too?
I am not alone!!
- My friend just told me I am a SLIder. Now I know what is wrong with me!! I have gone through 5 watches in 2 weeks, tons of computer stuff over the same 2 weeks and credit cards, and the whole lightbulb thing and street light thing happen to me daily that I started to think it's just what goes on in the world with street lights! But others who are with me note how it's so strange like it never happens to them. I am in my 40's, my whole life it's been this way.
- —Guest Guest SY
I'm a slider too
- The lights go out at the park when I walk my dog at night, I've been noticing it, and started researching until I found you guys, I don't think it's something good though, I'm thinking maybe I have negative energy...or maybe it's just coincidence
- —Guest Anna
- I had been putting out street lights for years. Then I practiced turning them back on again and finally succeeded. I got so used to it that I didn't think anything of it. But last night I remote started someone's pickup and that freaked me out. I waited and waited for the owner to come out of the building, but no one did. I finally just left.
- —Guest ulysses
- I have had a few street light incidents in the past but now I am frequently seeing a new variant. I will note that in both previous and current cases it is usually in periods where I am stressed (positively or negatively) overall but not greatly at the particular time of the incident. Three times now I can not achieve a WiFi connection from my laptop in an environment which always works otherwise. After becoming aware I need only do some deep breathing and mind-relaxing techniques and boing -- up comes the WiFi connection.
- —Guest Doug
I am not.alone
- I finally understand I am not alone,I had all these.occurrences of slider phenomenons I have a blast with it. I locked up a guys car one time and blow lights even the new kind, can't explain it, just happens,its cool to be a slider,now I know what I am.
- —Guest angel warford
- Precisely how have you have the ability to develop this type of wonderful audience of commenters to your web page?
- —Guest self worth
- I will be curious and also enthusiastic about what you really are covering below.
- —Guest product technology
- yes, happens to e all of the time but only if I am walking or running by, not drivimg in a car. well, actually just not as often.
- —Guest michelle
Tell me why and how I can control this.
- I lived in a house for nearly ten years with a streetlight out front that has always flickered on and off. Never thought much about it. Then the front light porch started doing it too. then I thought I just lived in a ghetto neighborhood where the electricity wasn't working properly. That's when I began to notice when I was in an extreme mood happy,sad, or mad lights would turn off around me or light up. Still was whatever. Then once I moved out of my house and on my own my electronics began to go on the fritz. I've always accepted that I had bad luck with phones but I've had over 10 phones in the past 3 years mainly because they 'stop working' or get 'glitches' now this being an expensive thing I began noticing more and more of these types of phenomenons to happen... Now at my current apartment my lights flicker regularly, and turn completely off when I'm stressed or having negative feelings. what the hell is happening to me?
- —Guest Transference
- So Its true...I am not crazy at all. I finally know my true calling. I know what I have to do in my life. Im going to be an electrician. If I can control electricity as well as some people say they can (and I am not even close to that point yet), I will be an electrician, and an awesome one at that. I cannot wait to share this good news with my parents. They have been wanting me to get a job forever now. But I never wanted to. Now I actually have good news for them. And its not good news as in I've burnt their dog at the stake for the millionth time because she had the devil in her. I am finally growing up. It only took 39 years. Im so proud of myself. Yaaay Ryan. Im gonna move out when Im 49. Bye Mom...Bye Dad. Ill come back soon. Who knows, maybe I wont like being an electrician.
- —Guest Ryan.Jaeffers.Slazar
Tvs, street lights, electronics etc
- I originally posted bc I also always pass under or near street lights at random and they shut off. I wrote it off as a fluke the first 10+ times but it happens almost daily during some point of my commute. I also have hady Tv turn on and off by itself , turn the volume all the way up while no one is in that room and I cannot keep a cell phone battery or charger / laptop battery more than 3 mo.
- —Guest mego1214
- Has anyone else been able to control this? When I focus on a street light(and only street lights), I can turn it on and off by command.(sometimes short delays)
- —Guest Navi
- It's been happening to me for years, and it happens often . Not only street lights, we can't use incandescent bulbs in my house or we would be changing them weekly. I've been near exploding transformers on three occasions. I used to work in a retail store and the power went out there at least once a week.
- —Guest Tony V
1-15 of 545Next