Many people report that street lights shut of with a high degree of regularity when they pass by them. Are you one of them? Are you a SLIder? (SLI stands for street light (or lamp) interference.) Some think it is a genuine psychic effect while others contend it's just coincidence with faulty street lights. Share your thoughts and experiences. Share Your Experiences
- I am 47 years of age.. I have often wondered if there was anyone out there like me.I have had countless experiences over the years,, hundreds you might say. I have been in mall parking lots and other industrial buildingsto watch lights flicker. Flights from state to state that turn off as I go by.As I am driving a truck on an asphalt jobin a town of 22,000 and I am hauling a 35 mile one way trip at night, seemed to go off every night. One in particular seems to go off every time I go by. now I have been an addictbut I've been sober for 12 years this is crazy to me and freaks me out!
- —Guest Ron
I thought am possessed
- I thought i was possessed or in a presence of something supernatural... Every time i pass underneath majority of street lights they just go off.
One day I tried passing on a street with 5 lights n everytime am underneath each one of them they go off...
- —Guest Ovi1
It happens and I don't like it.
- I pass under nearly a dozen lights on my way home. After walking nearly a mile to my home one night in June, I went under the final street light and the street light suddenly went out just as I got directly under it. About 3 nights later, I got home late again, the streets lights were on again, and as I approached the final streetlight the same light went out again just as I walked underneath it. 3 nights later, I got home late again. As I passed under the first street light about a mile from my home, it went out. The next light went out. And then the next. I was scared. No more lights went out until I got almost home and then the last 2 went out. I turned around and watched until the last light came back on. Then I went out and walked under it again and it went out again. I did this twice more with the same result. These events have not recurred. I was in a difficult emotional state when this happened because of some personal problems.
- —Guest SLCer
- People with kinetic energy can blow light bulbs are natural healers . iv messed a Lil with it but feel silly. But can someone please tell me there psychic gifts please. N if anyone knowes of someway to physically prove there r differences between us n non sliders. Like EMF detectors or something along those lines. Oh n one last thing... Now bcuz of my ski effects on things i have developed a very true phobia of doing things like plugging things n2 walls n screwing n light bulbs. My heart races n ill go into a full heart racing panic attack. I hate it bcuz I tell people i cant do it bcuz I have a weird thing with electricity and that they looked at me like I am absolutely crazy but the sli stuff has created a true phobia in me .
wanting answers. n have questions. pleas
- This I must say also happens to myself. Iv not really noticed it alot lately. But iv not been out n dark lately eather. But i noticed my first odd experience was probably a year , give or take a bad. After my dad died. But my 5disk cd changer\player would cut on by itself. N other people seen it also. And at first thought it was him. But then I started noticing few years later. Street lights would always go out. Sometimes 3 lights n a row n I was walking not driving. But I started noticing it more n more. I have noticed tho that i would b around 1 certain person it and he had to notice an but. This person obviously bring it on pretty strong that I would like to know y this is. And i have straight up blown light bulbs that have already been on at the,time. Iv even weirded my Lil girl out one time. But i do feel like there is a gift attached to this ability. So please people please tell me off ur physic abilities.. I have heard by Silvia Brown that people who have alota. Next post
Really need to talk to some one like me
- So much ...don't know where to start. First time I noticed this...Got into a argument with a person. He showed up at my house with two cars full of guys looking for action. They didn't know I was hiding in a shadow ready to jump on the original person... I holding my bible asking for strength. I felt my body heat up to 100 degrees it felt like. I ran... they saw me but I got away. As they ran around blocks of houses looking for me I ran in the shadows. Trying to lead them to a dog in a yard I knew they didn't want to meet. When it came time to cross the street the two lamps went out in front of me giving a dark trail across the street... again on the next street...I thought it was God. Since then batteries in truck and lawn mowers started to be drained...my dad noticed it was only when I was around this happend...He asked me in a real tone if I hung out in grave yards..I didn't know what to say because when I was young I ran away from a bad situation and slept on a grave crying.
- —Guest DeBolt
street lights/cell battery drains
- I thought I was going crazy! Street lights go out on me all of the time, but it isnt random, its the same poles. I used to drive the same route to work every morning at my last job and the same pole light would go out as I passed under it everyday. I am working at another job in another town 75 miles from my last and I have one street (the same one every night) go out as I pass under it. I am sincerely looking for a real reason why this happens. I have to change phones constantly because my battery drains everytime I get a new one. I have had lights flicker here and there around me throughout my life, but never really thoight much of it until I started researching my street light problem.
- —Guest shelley
Ha I knew it!
- So i was walking down the street at night of course and wanted to see if i really did effect the lamps. Ive noticed street lamps doing weird things just as i happen to come around them often because at this point in my life i was doing allot of walking around at night in a small town. So i pass under this street lamp and proceed about 20-30ft beyond it, not looking back, then suddenly i stop, turn around quickly with my hand at my hip imitating a gun the way a child would and fired. The light had turned off as i approached it, which sparked the idea, and as i fired i thought "let there be light" at the same time said "bang" with such little sound, one could hardly say i said it. The light had come back on that instant. no one was there to see it but i was so overtaken with joy i laughed out loud in satisfaction.
What ever this is, I'd sure like to know more about it.
I can also do other things.
lights out constantly
- Has been happening my whole life but has been getting more regular in the past 3-4 years. Street lights are constantly going off when I walk under them and now even when I drive under them. This is the first time Ive shared this. Any Sliders out there that could give a better response than Wikipedia.
- —Guest Dano
- This happens to me on a regular basis generally it happens to me daily, on the way home tonight i hit a all time high of 3 random street lights turning off when i walked underneath them, the last time i walked home it was two but its funny because they were two different street lights, and this happens to me everywhere i go or when i am driving random street lights will just turn off when i go passed them, it ranges from all types of street lights to security lights or just lights on buildings. It's kinda creepy but i just think of it as my Guardian Angel, He always follows me and just needs to suck the juice from the lights when i pass to stay physically active or it's a way of saying he is there lol, haha i am not a religious person by no means but i just go oh hey buddy i know your there lol :)
- —Guest Barryman36
But what causes this
- I have recently begun noticing that everyday when get past this one light at the park it will turn off its before 1030 but of its after the light turns on everyday a i pass by. I wouldn't be worrie if the light wasn't an led one that came on. This is not an led light it is an old bulb it should not be that coulor
- —Guest Canadian kid
- Curious to know how many here are rhesus neg blood ??
- —Guest rhneg
My boyfriend and i's experience
- On the 14th of June at around 10pm or so, it was my last night with my boyfriend before I had to head back home to Australia. He lives in Ohio and I live in Perth, Western Australia. That night, we were both in such emotional states, and decided to do one last adventure together before I headed home. So we decided to go to a covered bridge, we were the only ones there and my boyfriend told me he wanted a picture of me infront of the Ohio state sign infront of the bridge.. Just as he was about to take it, the street light turned off. it stayed off until we walked away for a bit then came back on when I was close to it again. I believe this is totally real.
- —Guest Lauren Rogers
LET'S GET TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE
- Relieved I'm not the only one! Wonder what would happen if we all got together in one place? 25 yrs+, I've suffered from this. SL, watches, oven, stoves, computers, cars, dish washers, cell phones, clocks... glitch or stop working. I was only looking up why my watches always stopped working thinking it might be from a particular mineral in my system, not knowing that all these other things are connected. How is this a gift when you can destroy electronics with your mere bodily presence?... It's expensive, time consuming, nuisance! Does anyone want to study us? Is there a convention? Is there support groups? Only my immediate family knows because they've observed it. Reluctant to share. I want to know others like me & I want to know the affect we might have collectively.
- —Guest Yvette California
- It's happened to me several times throughout my life. You can't control it, but it happens to me when driving around or walking in a parking lot. I've even had issues with my ex roommate's cable box. It would always malfunction when I would show up. It had to be reset (unplugged) every time. It never happened with anyone else...maybe a coincidence, who knows?
- —Guest Brian