From the article: SLIders & the Streetlight Phenomenon
Many people report that street lights shut of with a high degree of regularity when they pass by them. Are you one of them? Are you a SLIder? (SLI stands for street light (or lamp) interference.) Some think it is a genuine psychic effect while others contend it's just coincidence with faulty street lights. Share your thoughts and experiences. Share Your Experiences
Started to notice it this past fall..
- At first, I thought the street lights had a motion sensor or something. I don't know why I thought that. I will be walking at night, and all of a sudden it will be pitch black and I look up and the light is out. I walk away, and it turns on again. I put 2 to 3 lights out every night. I often have wondered if I have some sort of psychic ability. Maybe these two phenomenon are linked somehow. It also seems that I'm fairly "statically" charged or something too. I'm glad to see I'm getting some answers, but it really leaves me with more questions.
- —Guest Slider K
- Glad I'm not the only one, I was also electrocuted when I was little, I noticed it happening about 30 yrs ago the street light blink off when I get close and come back on when I move away, I also could never wear a watch they stop or go crazy
- —Guest lea
- This has been happening to me since I was a child.. Any state I have lived in too.. I also get shocked like crazy .. even when I tough water.. People think I'm crazy but my husband and other family and friends know it's true.. I was thrown across the floor when I touched a well pump switch as a child. Always thought it had something to do with that.. Glad to know there are others..
- I have blown light bulbs since I was a little kid. Always seen things a little "weird". I have had friends stay with me and refuse to stay again saying that I have ghosts. I also shock people!! All the time!! My son is 6 and now is blowing light bulbs and had a friend that we ended uo naming. I would say it is just a crazy thing that kids do, or that house was haunted. But we have now moved 5 times even to different states and it happens at every house! I dont talk to ghost and wouldnt even know how if I wanted to. But it is getting weird. We have had wine bottles thrown, doors open, radios come on that arent even plugged in and I am just wondering if this is all related with me blowing lights?? Also, is there anything I should or can do about it as I dont want it to affect my son.
- —Guest Elisha
- It's probably that you just don't notice the lights that go on. The dark is more visible. The street light outside my house goes off and on randomly, as arc lamps do when they get old. Sometimes another source of light will provide enough photons to open a conduction path and turn them on.
- —Guest skeptic1
Me as well
- This happens to me all the time, along with having other electronic issues in my house, with my my computers and my car. Yesterday, while driving home, I noticed about ten street lights turn on and off. Sometimes they blink on and off a few times. It's almost like someone is saying hi. :-) A few years back, I was sitting under a street light and a bulb blew and hit me in the head. I think some of us just have more electromagnetic energy than most.
- —Guest Laura
Holy God!!! i am a SLIder!!!!
- I am BEYOND relieved to discover that turning off streetlight is a phenom....i am rooted in trusting my perception so i just kept on the lookout for when it happened and then noting what i was thinking and my emotional state at the time....i will either be mulling over some heavy, deep and real subject or really deep in a puzzle or in a state of amazement. I see patterns everywhere; i am forever having my computer fixed....and on and on! thank u for bringing this to light!!!!
- —Guest email@example.com
Im one too
- Been having this happen for 30 some years now. Told my kidss about it when they were teens and they didn't believe me ,so we went on a walk and five went out within an hour walk. Since then they believe. I'm 43 and burn out watch batteries and streetlights turn off or on, at a min 10 a week usually when I'm deep in thought. I also was electrocuted when I was a kid. Wish I knew more
- —Guest jamied
- I have had this happen for ages. I was with someone for the first time when it happened and they thought it a co-incidence. Since then they are a believer and think I'm possessed by some supernatural being like a ghost or something. My record was 5 random in a single night! The best was when the city replaced a light outside my house. They had just finished and were getting ready to leave when I came out and it went out. They replaced it and same thing happened. They replaced it and 2 weeks later it went out. They can't figure out why it burns out so fast compared to the rest of the streetlights on my street but I know........
- —Guest Clare
- yeah that happened to me all the time when i walked around alot....street lights go out lots n lots.....always sorta wondered about it....cool to read some stuff about it...
Relieved to hear similar stories
- I've been experiencing this for about 10 years. It doesn't matter if I'm on foot/jogging or in a car. Any given night I turn off 2-3 lights no matter where I am. My wife was hesitant to believe me at first, but we were on a trip in the Caribbean in a rental car and I turned a light off. Then, as she was joking about how it's just coincidence, I pulled into a parking spot directly under a street light, said "watch this" and the light turned off. Still curious why this happens! I don't think of it as positive or negative. I just know it's something special and want to know what it means.
- —Guest EC
This happens to me!
- Without fail, everynight I leave work and im driving home, 1 or 2 random street lights blank out when im about to pass them. Its only ben happening from the start of 2014. My partner thinks im just a weirdo, but I knew there was something going on...
- —Guest telle
Did Electrocution Trigger This?
- I have been a slider for as long as I can remember. I was electrocuted by an outlet when I was young, and I've always wondered if that triggered it. I mostly do street lights, though one time I turned a tv on in the house...it freaked me out. I have really bad luck with computers and on occasion other electronics. I don't even bother with watches anymore. I also deal with a lot of static electricity. When it's acting up, I get so that I dread opening or closing the car door because I always shock myself really painfully. Like others, mine seems related to emotions/stress, the higher they run, the more it occurs. I also can faintly "tune" into radio stations in my head sometimes. I don't know how to explain it, but I seem to have no control over when or what it tunes to. When I was a teen, I thought it was my braces acting as an antenna. My husband thinks I'm nuts when I'll ask him if he can hear a radio on and he hears nothing. I wish this phenomenon was more understood and accepted.
- —Guest Slider Too
lights, power fluctuations, shadows
- Now that you are in touch with the same realities as I, watch the ground, and the roadways for moving large shadows on a clear blue day when there are no clouds or planes or giant birds anywhere in the sky!
- —Guest Watching you
Thoughts and Emotions
- I noticed when I am in a state of deep thought or emotion street lights and other appliances act differently. I have had this since I was young. In the last year my electric in my new car went out , my new phone states the time in a different zone although set correctly, and I have destroyed two computers.
- —Guest Fara
1-15 of 659Next